1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Blazers 107, Rockets 103

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Shaud

Shaud Member

I like Brooks but his turnovers in the 4th qt. definitely does not make him the bright spot of the game.

2. mwpq

mwpq Member

Not too bad :)
    I like AB's play in the last 10 sec.
    Do not think Roy will play like this all the time.

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

We have 3 more home games, we can defend home court and win in 6. Blazers suck on the road, they feed off the great crowd for big plays.

4. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

Seriously, are Artest and Battier's defense overrated?? I don't if I'm just blind or what, but neither have of them have been able to stop Kobe and as seen tonight, Roy. What gives?

5. DaRrEnZhAnG

DaRrEnZhAnG Member

And I found the Rox has another serious problem that is when we are down in the points with several mins left seemed we were down with only several seconds left.
    Shoot every shot for 3 even you were only 1 for 8... :confused:

6. WNBA

WNBA Member

the shutdown Yao killed us.

7. Precision340

Precision340 Member

it was a good game.. we need to rep at TC Friday and Sunday for sure!!! if yao had a slighly below average game we win this thing tonight.. definitely have to find an answer to getting yao the ball..

8. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

i knew it...jazz pt. 2...

9. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Contributing Member

Yep, this is a huge concern. We are in trouble if they continue to do this well...

10. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

rep my post.

FREE THROWS.

that is all.

11. redeeming

redeeming Contributing Member

i feel so sad that we didn't win this game for great Deke!
    i feel angry that yao was effectively shut down the whole game!
    and i feel speechless that all about our starting PG is running recklessly on the court and jacking up meaningless 3s...

12. Im Just Sayin

Im Just Sayin Member

[​IMG]

Should have stayed in

13. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

Ref sucks.I don't know why Yao could not get the calls he deserves.We played solid defense but all those unbelievable shots were just going in.Roy just had a sensational night and that's it.

Okay,now it's moving back to htown and we have homecourt advantage,just give 'em the chill and let em know who's stronger and better,Youngsters Need Lessons. :mad:

BTW,I hate Greg Oden,he ain't 'nuff!

14. MD_in_Training

The fronting isn't as big a problem as it seems. Our offense wasn't the reason we lost this game. Our wing guys were getting to the rim or the midrange spot with absolute ease the whole game due to the fronting.

15. lastmanstanding

Regroup and prepare for the next game.

16. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Are you kidding me. Shane and Ron on the team and Roy still gets 42. You gotta play any defense...

I told you guys, Yao was fronted and he was completly taken out of the game. When you froin Yao he is done. I don't care what adjustments does Rick do.

17. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Lmao, the concern is the adjustment wasn't good enough to win the game. Our roleplayers don't capitalize enough on the fronting defense.

Face it, as long as the Blazers keep fronting Yao the Rockets will have a hard time winning the game.

18. Badrose

Badrose Member

Quick analysis:

1) We allow Roy and Aldridge to score almost 70 points
    2) According to point one, where is our defence?
    3) Yao SUX, but we don't have alternatives so we have to play the most gigantic fraud after Georghe Muresan.

19. Shaud

Shaud Member

Umm keyword Kobe and Brandon Roy. They are great players who make great shots.

They stopped Roy enough in the 1st game to blow the Blazers out.

20. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

idk why u guys are blaming the refs? nobody can call a game perfectly.

we got 32 fts ON THE ROAD. only 4 less than portland. and with the way we were missing fts, i doubt it would help if we took more.

again, i think portland will attempt to take yao out of the game from now on. our role players have to continue to play OUT OF THEIR MINDS. i've never seen brooks played this well for 2 straight games.

so unless adelman can gameplan a way to utilize yao, our role players will win/lose this series for us