1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Blazers 107, Rockets 103

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. wxzcool

wxzcool Member

why do you watch this game so seriously??? One of my friend is working For NBA Company organization. let me tell you, NBA IS A BUSINESSE!! NOT ONLY SPORTS ITSELF!!!
    Stern of course can not let rocky easy win blazzers home court 2:0.

2. duteman

duteman Member

Free Throws cost us the game

why did the psych themselves out about the whole blazers taking Yao outta the game? Get him the dang ball and let him work

3. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

I never ever want to hear RA or AB or Ron to talk about fronting or not going to Yao or whatever anymore. That's fine. Just tell Yao to focus on defense and set picks. Because hey, we are so smart and "flexible", opponents don't want us to post Yao, we just comply with it. "It's ok!"

4. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

we should win the next 2 home games. im extremely confident we win this series in 5 or 6. we'll get all the calls at home too.

5. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

fernandez trips and falls, should be rockets ball down 2. refs call their 53rd foul, or whatever it was. crappy.

this game turned when we went away from von "the microwave" wafer who was killing them and when scola missed those 2 straight open jumpers when they were fronting yao. after that, portland had momentum and we were just waiting for the fluky 3 by roy to put us away. you knew he would make, too.

6. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Missed free throws killed us - the two blown calls at the end (out of bounds on Scola and the phantom push on Rudy) didn't help.

Scola missing four freebies and Lowry missing three really did us in.

I hate how bad we shoot FTs in the playoffs. Same problem we've had since 2005...

I wasn't counting on a win this game, but it sure would've been nice.

7. MD_in_Training

Seriously, anyone complaining about Yao NOT getting enough shot attempts knows nothing about basketball. The gameplan we had this game was EXACTLY what we need to do against a fronting defense. The reason we lost was our inability to contain BRoy, and a few jitters at the FT line. We didn't lose because we didn't try to get the ball in to Yao. In fact, we would have gotten BLOWN OUT if we tried to force feed Yao against a fronting defense.

8. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Blazers fronted Yao very well tonight. Cause for concern I think.

9. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

exactly the crying going on is pathetic

10. RedRox29

RedRox29 Member

i think the refs called it evenly throughout.
    we just missed crucial freethrows down the stretch.
    and how about AARON BROOKS!!!
    i was hoping rudy would miss the last freethrow
    so that brooks can run down the court and pull out a dagger on the blazers.
    we played well throughout, i know i wont be losing much sleep tonight.
    Lets Go Rockets!

11. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

they beat us by (1) holding ming to 10 points by defense and inducing him into fouling - that one BS phantom foul on him by flopping pryzbilla changed the whole momentum in the third qtr when we had gone up by 7
    (2) roy scoring 39 points or 41 whatever
    (3) aldridge going off
    (4) role players going off

Blazers are a terrible road team. I doubt (1-4) simulateously happens again in Houston.

12. Cha Sui Bao

Cha Sui Bao Member

Right because Yao made all of his teammates miss their FT's...

AND Yao made the refs make bad calls on him....

13. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Stop being paranoid.

14. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

Please tell me you're kidding. Yao spends most of the night with either Grandpa or The Flopper in his lap and Aldridge on his back since Scola couldn't hit 2 jump shots in a row to save his life, and nobody on the Rockets seems to be able to throw an angle or lob entry pass over the front. Not much Yao could do. Grab a few more rebounds maybe, assuming Vanilla Gorilla would let him move without falling over.

15. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

Blazers best game. And we still had a chance to win, with Yaos not having a good game. We win in 5.

16. jameshuabao

jameshuabao Member

we even not try to pass to yao..right now,i miss healthy t-mac or we damn need a good pg can pass..

17. jinh1783

jinh1783 Member

that last play was not a foul, rudy trips over his own feet. lowry didnt even touch the guy.

18. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Some of the calls against Yao is unnecessary. And the foul on Battier is not really a foul...it's crucial too.

But anyway, why isn't the Rockets EVEN looking to pass Yao the ball...or AT LEAST try to set up a play for Yao?? I mean it's one thing to know they're fronting Yao, it's another to not even looking for him...what kind of stupid strategy is that. Houston is lucky it's not a blown because the bench step up. But the way they just ignore Yao completely just sicken me.

19. MSG

MSG Member

Ah really? How can you win a road game with 54 calls.

20. rocketsmetalspd

Roy will not get 41 and Aldridge will get his average. The Rockets will win the next two at home.