1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Post-Game Analysis: Blazers 107, Rockets 103

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. redao

redao Member

Another idiotic thread from China.

2. SpiffyRifi

SpiffyRifi Member

I think Brooks should've been in the game at the end, but let's be honest here. People are touting his stats as proof of how well he did. The problem of that is much of that offense came when it was too late. Those last three pointers were impressive, but the game was already out of reach. While we can point to a multitude of reasons the game was out of reach by that point, the reality is that Brooks made a couple of costly turnovers in situtations where a Rocket's basket would've kept them in the game.

All that being said, I don't neccesarily think Brooks should've been taken out of the game, but I would've liked to have seen Lowry on the floor at the same time. Brooks is a much more impressive scorer - no doubt, but if there is anything we've learned since the trade its that Lowry settles down and runs the offense better.

I also can't understand for the life of me why Adelman pulled Wafer. Wafer was on fire and when we needed offensive output in the final stretch, he would've been invaluable.

Bottom line is, I expected us to lose this game - the Blazers aren't going to roll over and give it to us. We got one in Portland and that is what a road team is supposed to do. Moreoever, Portland gave their very best at home, the Rockets didn't play well and still only lost by 4. However, this was a winnable game. It was in our hands and had we won a sweep would've been realistic. Once again, I'm left questioning Adelman's play calling/substitutions down the stretch just like I have been all year.

And can someone please explain to me how we haven't solved the fronting problem yet? I mean we've only known about it for 84 games at this point - do we need more time to figure it out? That to me is inexcusable.

3. redao

redao Member

Chinese CCTV-5 bashed Brooks all game and all season. Chinese fans are repeating what those idiots said.

4. apxn82

apxn82 Member

rox hang tough last night. their two best players played out of their mind scoring 69 points and we still lost by 4. That's a positive to me. With yao unable to established himself and deke went down we still fought hard and almost won. Also had we hit 5 of the 10 miss free throws everyone on this planet would be talking about a sweep right now!!!

5. ccada

ccada Contributing Member

Does anybody else find it utterly embarassing that this forum goes from an AB appreciation thread to this in three days? Unbelievable.

6. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

DAT! DAT! DAT!

7. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

Ugh, it was a tough loss. They had it in the bag only if they made their free throws. What happened to making them? :(

8. mrc

mrc Member

To our dear coach,

u r a very very good coach

but...

there's something I always want to ask u (or someone can ask him for me) : do u think it's necessary to put starting 5 on the court in the clutch regardless of their form? do u still remember peja's air ball in game 7 vs lakers?

when u sub artest on, (I like this guy, but) I knew he's gonna shoot 3 instead of going inside. when I saw brooks' on, I told my roommate "we lost".
    von, shane & little tank were doing great b4 the substitution.

I'm still angry, sorry 4 the poor wording.

9. apxn82

apxn82 Member

"lil tank" Lowry! I like that nick!

10. interroma

interroma New Member

11. landryfans

landryfans Member

I dont think rest that long will do any help. Yes, the game is favor blazers, and that's why rockets dont go to Yao, to cooperate with underworld rules.

12. TmacIsBack

TmacIsBack Member

alright heres what the rockets should do

1. run the offense through brooks. hes the leading score for us both nights.

2. wafer should get more minutes. only player who can create their own shot.

3. lock down roy and aldrige cause the rest of the blazers cant do crap

4. dont worry about the refs...they sucked but it wont be bad when we are the home team

rockets win in 6.

13. mrc

mrc Member

the fact is we were winning when Lowry's on. if u just focus on those stats, not a single team would pay a penny to Shane.

ps, Brooks shoot 3 threes & 1 layup in the last min, that'll make his 80% 3-pt. his shot selection is really a problem.

ps2, it's not the first time Brooks lost his ball in the last few mins of a game.

ps3, <-- is better than xbox360 :cool:

14. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

Seriously? Some of you guys are ridiculous. AB played as good as you can expect a starting point guard to play. He did create one turnover where he just slipped (happens), and the other one was a pass to Scola who tried to pull a Yao and catch it with one hand. It was not a bad pass at all, he should have had both hands on it.

AB put doubts in the mind of Portland players. His shots in the end were BIG even though we lost. It took their minds from "Wow we are up by 10, this team sucks, we got this" to "Oh shyt we barely escaped with a win, this team is dangerous". This is big for the series ahead of us.

The only thing that hurt us was a boneheaded decision by Adelman to bring in Artest and take out Wafer a minute later. The guy was playing his heart out, you cant pull him out just because he missed a 3. Artest came in and once again started jacking up shots. Though I wouldnt say this loss is on Adelman because he is not the reason we couldnt make free throws, but that was a pretty bad decision on his part.

But seriously, you have to be out of your mind if you think we lost because of AB. I watched the final 6 minutes of the Lakers Jazz game last night. The Jazz were down by 4 with about 4 minutes left and they had the possession. Deron Williams made a sloppy pass and it resulted in a turnover. Next time down, same thing. A sloppy pass, a turnover, and there goes the chance to steal a game in LA. This happens to the best of them. We cant blame a second year PG for 1 turnover in the 4th when he was the only one making his shots.

Turrible.

15. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That was my prediction since the start of the series!!

I knew that the Blazers would come out throwing everything they have at the Rox in Game 2. We took their best shot and were right there with them until the end. We HAVE to take care of business at home. After we take those two, Game 5 will be cathartic experience to say the least.

By the way, great call on the "bet the over" when Joey C referees a game. Check this out:

Joey Crawford 2008-2009
    Avg. Home Score - 104.7
    Avg. Road Score - 100.3

Over/Under vs. the Total
    Overall: 40-18

Yesterday's score: 107-103 - pretty close!

16. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

why does everyone or most people make dumb threads after every game we lose :( :( :( :( We didn't get eliminated no need 2 worry. We have 2 games in our building and we took one game at theirs. RELAX!!!!!!!

17. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'm with Da Da...Rox in 5.

18. bayern0906

bayern0906 Member

it's AB that lead the game to lose

19. Super Von

Super Von Member

I saw someone say they should put Bayless on Wafer. LOL. :D

20. Super Von

Super Von Member

Joey Crawford is so pathetic. Its amazing that he's right there, still doing playoff games..

He made sure everyone knew Joey Crawford was in the building.