1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Blazers 107, Rockets 103

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Bad game, but at least we were in it at the end. Stop crying over the officials, you're embarrasing yourselves. The only really questionable call on Yao was his 4th, which was a flop on Przybilla.

If we do not solve the fronting, there goes the season and did you see how bad we were defensively without Deke ?? Deke was a huge part of why we won game 1, nobody dared to climb the Mt. Mutombo. If we get to the 2nd round, you can kiss your ass goodbye now that Deke is gone. How sweet it.... could've been, at least with Deke we had good defense, a nice matchup with the Blazers, some finger wagging and a chance to advance. Now the light is not shining so bright....

2. lok2012

lok2012 Member

~~~~~~~ win Blazers at home!

3. Greenty

Greenty Member

Core Brooks

4. sn09

sn09 Member

I was at Uni so i didn't get to see the game. I was just wondering, did Yao and Oden get into a little scuffle? i was just watchign Yao's interview and it looked like it was getting heated between the 2 when they were showing the replays.
    If that's the case, its good to see Yao with a little fight in him. Hopefully he channels all that anger and emotion from Deke's sudden retirement into something postive back home

5. sky1

sky1 Member

artest and brooks waste the chances.

I would say it was Ron artest and Brooks wasted the effort of their team. Artest did very badly in the second half, the shooting rate decreased dramatically and the defense was very bad either. And Brooks made two lethal turnovers, he didn't cool down his mind and become a no-brain guy. It was brooks' two turnovers that made the chances slipp from their hands. It's very pitty. Artest should improve his shooting and enhance his defense and cool down. They should know their most superiority is Yao, they shouldn't forget that key point. Maybe they could do something by themselves sometimes but it couldn't do it always.They should know the more close to the hoop the more chance to win.

6. yzy2yyy

yzy2yyy New Member

I love Deke...

Brooks sucks!

7. chasingu

chasingu Member

I have to say it again:
    PLAY LOWRY IN THE FINAL MINUTES!!!

8. Marcus Bryant

Marcus Bryant Member

I thought Rick should rest Yao in game two, because it was just a game that we were supposed to lose. I called 610 right after our first triumph over the Blazers, saying yao would get into troubles in game 2. and I bet some of you guys listened to the show that night, but Rick just didn't. :(

9. Marcus Bryant

Marcus Bryant Member

we played yao plenty of minutes, only to get a lose. I would rather yao to have nearly one-week's rest and get fully prepared for the game 3 which is gonna be played in houston. :cool:

10. lionheartqs

lionheartqs Rookie

From now on.
    Fight For Dikembe!!! Fight For Dikembe!!! Fight For Dikembe!!!
    Fight For Dikembe!!! Fight For Dikembe!!! Fight For Dikembe!!![/
    COLOR]

11. seadenliu

seadenliu Member

All I wanna say is "bench AB", but since the coach is RA, it's impossible

12. yzy2yyy

yzy2yyy New Member

i think Rockets should fight and win this series....just for our Deke... :( :(

13. cst_chenchen

cst_chenchen Member

we had a chance to win game 2 if Mr coach Play Lowry more in the clutch time.

14. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

Are you serious? Read my post in the official referee thread.. top of page 4.

Joey Crawford SHOULD NOT be allowed to ref anymore playoffs games.. EVER!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

15. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I honestly do not know what to think after that game. I can now see the recipe for the Rockets losing another first round series. That was not a good game defensively. In fact, I would say it was a horrible game defensively. They took care of Yao with fronting but the rest of our team picked up the slack well. But, we did not have an answer for Roy or Aldridge. That is my major concern going forward. Maybe we need to start doubling Roy and take him out of the game making the rest of the Blazers beat us?

16. battousai

battousai Member

honestly, why are you guys all panic about losing in game 2? If we have won both game 1 and 2, then I would start panicing as this could be deja vu with 2005 against the Mavs.

We all know our goal is to steal one game from them. Now we need to take care of our next two games. remember we are a better home team this year. do you think the blazers would fair well in our home court under the same intensity?

As fans, we need to be loud and we need to show supports. losing Deke was sad as I was hoping him to play along with us til this season is over. we all know he isn't coming back next year, and we gone thru the reg season pretty without him. i wouldn't sweat it now.

Rockets needs to find a better way to confront the fronting on Yao. Blazers will continue to do this with Yao and defendents will lock Yao up as much as the refs are allowed.

17. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

D.A.T.
    Dumb Ass Thread

18. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

So the fact that we couldn't stop Roy had nothing to do with this... ?

Next!

19. RocDreamer

RocDreamer Contributing Member

Are you Serious? Did you watch the game. AB only shot 75% from the field, 80% from 3-pt, had 5 assists, and only 3 turnovers and you say bench him. The game is not even close if AB is on the bench. Give me a break. :rolleyes:

AB had almost a 2-1 TO to assist ratio. Kyle Lowery had a 1-2. It is crazy to come on this board and scream about benching someone when we lose. It is crazier to want to bench the one guy who kept us in the game.

20. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

yes, our hottest offensive player needed to ride it out on the bench. makes perfect sense.