1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Blazers 107, Rockets 103

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. TForThree

TForThree Member

We can easily win this game if Yao was not so pathetic.

2. Bustnani

Bustnani Member

FTs FTs FTs, and Scola's midrange wasn't on today, it's vital if they continue to front Yao the rest of the series.

And Yao, if they are going to take you out of the offense, please grab some friggin offensive rebounds!

3. dero72

dero72 Member

All you folks trying to blame Adelman or AB for this loss...
    YOURE NUTS.

I wish AB would ball-hog more often.

If the ROX hit MOST of their free-throws, they win this game.

Dont you dare try to blame this on one person or the refs.

4. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Final Totals: 54 fouls, 68 free throw attempts.

5. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

ok nobody touched fernandez right? i've rewinded this thing like 4 times i can't see anything but him tripping on his own feet. that should be our ball with 1.5 seconds left.

6. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

Well, if the Rockets make their free throws the game is completely different.

But those refs should still be dragged out in to the streets and run over a couple of times. Did Crawford just decide to call both teams for as many fouls as possible since Clyde played for both teams and he still has a grudge against Glide?

7. UrlPerlMonroe

UrlPerlMonroe Rookie

It was predictable, pre ordained and pre determined by the NBA and Clyde the Glide Drexler for Portland to win Game 2.

NBA where rigging happens!

8. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

We went in and stole home court from a team with an equivalent record. The sky is NOT falling. We need to gameplan to get it more to Yao, and we'll be all right.

9. hollyw32

hollyw32 Member

The missed free throws came back to bite us in rear!!

10. eixty

eixty Member

Missed freethrows and late game turnovers cost us this game. We could of been up 2:0

11. tofu--

tofu-- Member

AB should have shot more this game, I thought. That exhibition at the end was INSANE, and I think he should have put up a few more shots in the second half than he did. He's obviously hot.

All in all, decent performance by us. We got screwed by the refs taking Yao out so early, but we played gutsy. I'm pleased.

Our defense on Roy needs massive improvements, because we have to keep in mind playing Lakers is going to be like this except a stronger supporting cast. We can't afford to slip up defensively. I like Battier on him way more, same as Battier on Kobe-- Artest slips up a lot in my opinion. However, granted Roy hit a lot of insane shots and Aldridge went bananas in the first half, so maybe that was a bit of deviance.

Scola was not the Scola of Game 1. Hustle but made a lot of mistakes. Let's hope he comes back strong Game 3.

Landry is still MIA.

The Yao fronting is still an issue, but today a lot of the other players stepped up so that's fine. Wafer really showed up and put pressure on the Blazers defense, which was outstanding. I hope he shows up again on Game 3.

So let's hope for the best. I think we can end this 4-1.

12. Shaud

Shaud Member

Blazers had 3 big men in foul trouble.

3 ****ING BIG ME IN FOUL TROUBLE.

With that we fail to get Yao Ming the ****ing ball.

Inexcusable.

Don't give me that damn fronting excuse. Half of the 4th qt. we didn't even give them the opportunity to front Yao he was in the high post,, a place where he should not spend the whole 4th qt.

Now with all that said we accomplished what we needed, we Won a game in Portland, 2 would have been nice but 1 game is all you need to steal. So now we must go go Houston and protect home court.

Feed Yao in Houston that is the key. I already know people are about to overreact and say the series is over which is ridiculous. We stole a game in Portland. Well done.

I am going to sleep Goodnight Rocket fans.

13. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Refs really sucked, but let's face it 10 ft misses.. we will win both games in houston!

14. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

just came back from a local bar to watch this damn game b/c of damn NBATV.

i knew we were in for a long night when ron took our first 4 shots and attempted 9 in the first quarter.

and with shane and artest, we let roy scored 41 pts?? :confused: :mad: . this is ridiculous.

bright spot: AARON BROOKS. DUDE MAKE THE LAST MINUTE REAL INTERESTING

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Horrid refs, horrid FT shooting and we still barely lost.

Portland is done....we are going up there for game five up 3-1 and will close it out....

This was their best shot.

DD

16. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

the positive outcome from the past two games is:

OUR ROLE PLAYERS ARE SHOWING UP

granted, it's not game after game but they are slowly showing up. Last game was Scola, Brooks and Lowry. This game was Wafer. We just need Landry to get his damn head out of his ass and we're alright.

Portland's "superior" bench has been throating this game. Aside from Oden (who's an overhype b*tch, btw), their reserves/role players haven't shown much at all ON THEIR OWN HOME COURT.

1 person likes this.
  17. jasona88

jasona88 Member

i know why...TMAC WAS RIGHT!! YAO HAS BEEN ISO'D![/

18. Im Just Sayin

Im Just Sayin Member

Shoulda kept Von in the game!

19. YaodaMing

YaodaMing Member

we got what we want,we will came back to Portland with 3:1

20. 1individual

1individual Member

I have faith in Brooks, he was dropping everything last 2 minutes, lool.