1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Post-Game Analysis: Blazers 107, Rockets 103

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Yao couldnt be the offense from the get go, they literally had one guy behind him and one in front, they sandwiched him, how the hell do you get the ball to a man in that position? you just cant. Now later on they could have gave him some touches, but the way portland played him early on you can't fault houston for Yao not getting going early.

2. yaodynasty

yaodynasty Member

I am not complain about Wafer. I complain not getting Yao the ball. You can utilize Wafer, but could not do the same for Yao?

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i know huh, game 1 was so meaningless, damn Aaron for playing for 27 points worth of data in a game 1 blowout! Bad Bad Aaron!! :rolleyes:

4. tomtom22

tomtom22 Member

Remember whenever yao scored over 20 pts or more we usually win? Today Mr. Rick decided he not going run the offense though yao. You can see in the first minute when the game started. By making your superstar stand around and letting subs do whatever they wanted you lose. Even Shane ignored yao when he was open because Rick told him to go ahead and shoot when he wanted.

5. Lightinfantry

Lightinfantry Member

sorry pal that is not battlefield and you can not just simply give orders to your teammates as if you are their commander.

6. wetdumpling

wetdumpling New Member

Deke is a true legend of shot blocking, and it's terribly unfortunate how he went out...

7. MisterPink

MisterPink Member

I'm sure this has been stated numerous times in this thread, but the Rockets

NEED NEED NEED to figure out how to keep Yao involved. It is essential.

8. yaodynasty

yaodynasty Member

I saw some news that A chinese businessman is trying to buy Cleveland and bring Yao over.

9. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I dont understand why NBA's best centre could be disarmed and neutralized as long as by fronting?

10. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

roy pick and rolls.... need to do something better. Aldridge is getting so hot at one point hope he can't repeat that

11. absent2007

absent2007 Member

Then you know nothing about basketall...

Not force feeding Yao, we need set a play for Yao, fronting is not the play can't be defeated

In your logic, so you would like to see Ron shoot the bricks or instead of Yao hook it? In last 5 minutes, Blazers are in foul troubles, why the ball is not at the hand of Yao, terrible game plan, terrible...

12. foo82

foo82 Member

Oden and Pryzbilla being on the floor at the same time could have something to do with it :p

13. ThaBlackKnight

Considering Yao only had 6 shot attempts and we still drew 5 fouls on Pryzbilla, Oden, and Aldridge and Roy had to score 41 points for them to win, we were still in the game until the last minute.

I can live with that on their home court. Granted Wafer and Lowery may not have great performances like that again, but I'm confident that Rick Adelman will either find a way to get Yao the ball down low or he'll get Scola, Brooks, Lowery, Wafer, Landry and Artest shots in Houston.

I also think Battier is much better against a perimeter player like Roy. Battier is quicker and better at contesting jump shots by Roy. Artest can get some rest on D, and will have more energy on offense if he is allowed to guard Batum and Outlaw most of the game.

I say make Roy have to average 40+ points per game to beat us. Aldridge hasn't proven to be great at Houston, and as great a player as Roy is, I don't think he is at the Kobe, Lebron, or Dwade level quite yet to where he can carry a team for a playoff run. Make him have to beat us 1-on 5.

Fernandez, Outlaw, Rodriguez, and Blake won't play nearly as good on the road, while Landry, Lowery, Wafer, and Brooks should all excel at home. On top of that we'll find a way to get Yao the ball, so I'm not worried. As long as we take care of business at home, we're fine. This is ONE game. We took home court advantage away from them, we did our job. They needed Roy and Aldridge to have great performances for them to win, and that is okay...lets see how many more times they can do that, especially away from Portland.

Also sad to see Deke end his career that way. He was a warrior on the court and deserved all his All Star appearances and DPOY awards. But more than anything, his work off the court should be remembered more than anything. Donating 30 million dollars of his own $$ is amazing to help save the people of the Congo. I wish Deke the best in retirement and helping his country Africa. This Playoff run is for you! Get Well Soon Deke!

14. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Where is the play where Yao comes from the weakside across a screen by his teammate to get into post position? Where was the PnR with yao popping out to the win or the elbow for an open jumper? I think they tried way too hard to get Yao into the post but at the same time even with the inconsistent officiating we still had our chances. I'm being greedy and wanted to steal both but I'm happy we at least took 1 out of 2 games in Portland. Now let's take care of business at home.

15. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

yao ming and scola combined for 19pts... man interior got fully neutralized by oden and pryzbella o_O

16. tomtom22

tomtom22 Member

because his coach is stupid..zero turnover! What are he so scare of? Yao had a higher shooting % than his teammate and zero turnover but his dumb coach won't tell his team to give yao the ball or set a play for yao.

17. zzc1818

zzc1818 Member

thats true, fronting is not the only reason why Yao cant touch the ball, its RA's game plan for avoiding hesitation and encouraging more penetrations to the basket in order to keep our offense smooth

18. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I am pissed about Adelman's game plan that dumping your best 9-9 player into rubbish. How could you allow Atest to shoot 3 again and again in the final minutes?

19. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

We got this series. Portland did the best they're going to do. Now they have to go on the road and play in our house. We split the games at their house--which is pretty damn good.

A few adjustments for next game:
    1) Luis and Carl need to make some cuts to the basket whenever Yao gets doubled. The Rockets need an outlet on the weakside or else we can't exploit the imbalance in their defense caused by double teams and fronting.
    2) Luis will hit some 15-18 footers and AB will hit some more from outside and from penetration. That'll open it up for Yao.
    3) Battier will mark Roy. Ron just doesn't have the footspeed to stay in front of him.
    4) I want to see Wafer continue to attack the basket.

If we do this, Yao will get his and the Rox will be fine

20. dmc89

dmc89 Member

yao had 4 fouls on him by the 4th Q.. and they were fronting him quite well, however, after oden fouled out they should've resumed going tom him