1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Blazers 107, Rockets 103

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. rockets_fanatic

Offcourse, you spent more time watching the officials rather than the game. Which is why you are blaming officials and not looking at what the team did wrong.

2. nightwatch

nightwatch Rookie

Good teams always take advantage of Adelman because they know he is the most stubborn slow to adjust coach in the NBA. :mad:

3. Rocket_Man_2.0

I don't understand how you can't partilly blame the refs for what happen...the officiating was ridiculous...the blazers had a few bad calls also..but that 4th bs call on yao change the whole dynamic of the game...Refs took yao out the game..and after that Rocekts struggled...

4. fogo11606

fogo11606 Member

Yep yep, been trying to say this all night long. We need to pick up a big man with length to back up Yao and a all-star caliber PG or Comboguard to close game for us. Yao is easily nullify in late quarter because you can just double him in the paint without losing much, but with a guard that draws attention will make other teams much more hesitant to double early.

5. deebo

deebo Member

Why didn't Von Wafer continue to play? I know his defense isn't that great but his offense make up for it. I hope this isn't Deke last game of career.

6. The Brian

The Brian Member

i miss the game and we lose!

damnit. i'll be sure to watch the next game.

well, i was hoping we'd win but i didn't expect we'd take both games in portland.

if we can hold our next two at home, we'll be in good shape.

HOLD HOME COURT.

7. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Portland were lucky they didn't lose this game. It was there for the taken though. We were right there...couple missed calls like fouling on Battier...was not correct.

Scola missing free throws that he normally made and wide open shots.

Portland will not have a chance at Houston. They're going to get blown out i guaranteed. I mean they can't even or barely win at their home....how are they going to win at our house??

8. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

Every minute Lowry is on the floor is a good minute, Brooks is your fools gold. Lowry? he goes to the line and put their bigs in foul trouble.

With that being said, I think Portland is done. With home court, referees, AB's turnover all going their way, Roy and Lamarcus playing big, the game is still close. The only thing that worries me is the backup center rotation.

9. supdudes

supdudes Member

HTML:
    [HTML]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mOzQnwhqFE
    [/HTML] :cool:

Try this?

10. bingfei236

bingfei236 Member

We played a soild game, anyone with me?

i think we played a not bad game in term of deal with fronting yao, we're really stay in the game by attacting the weak side.

what i don't understand, why we so panic after down 6, there are lot of time remaining, just panic!

Key points of losing this game, Roy is on fire! there is no doubt of that, but why we don't double team him? if you gonna lost, let their role player beat you!

FT: how can miss that many FT!!!!!!

Socla can't make the shots. If you just look at the stats, he played fine game, but it is him who can't make 2 in a row open mid-range shot cause us his close game.

Brooks!, Man, what can i say about him, for him , you hate and you love. He is perfect guy who can come off the bench to score, even he score team high tonight, but he is also the hugh factor why we lost.

Yao, when will you start to demand the ball, no matter how well the teammates would play because of you, you're leader of this team, 6 shots? that is just unaccpectable!

11. parmesh

parmesh Member

Dude has a consistent jumper, have you seen him play in China? It's just not in our game plans obviously, so he doesn't expect to take them. He does need to get more boards though. It's tough to do that, however, with Flopzilla wiping his ass on the floor every play and Roy going over his back and getting the call in his favor because he is a swingman.

12. Upforever

Upforever Member

Oh,what a pity ! I hope the coming game the ROX can win .So sad that our spirit leader hurt.......... :(

13. foo82

foo82 Member

I'm not saying it's the reason why we lost. I'm saying it's part of the reason why we lost. This game was terribly done and as for the consistent part, because it was mainly towards the Rockets, that is a factor on why we lost. It's only a non factor if both sides received the same amount, but clearly it wasn't.

14. landryfans

landryfans Member

aron's performance before the clutch time is decent,

but his last few desperate shots doesnt mean anything.

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

umm, why can't we, we can control OUR free throws, we can't control theirs. that's like saying yao scored only a few points, but we cant blame that because their center didnt score much either. We have to take advantage of what we can control and that includes free throws, we make them and we are more likely to win this game..

16. Rocket_Man_2.0

what would help the fronting is a good stand still shooter..why no barry, cook

17. rockets_fanatic

The team didn't even use Yao. He had 5 shots at that point. It didn't matter if he was on the floor or the bench the team didn't use him.

18. MD_in_Training

This is the point I've been trying to make all night. Offensively, this was a perfect gameplan against a fronting defense. Our defense on the other hand...

19. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

we tried having yao shoot those jumpers and he makes them at a very low rate for adelman to tell him not to take them. making them in china doesn't mean he can make htem here.

i feel that is the ONLY WAY to solve the fronting. until then, we'll keep having these same discussions.

why can't we get yao the ball? why? why? why?

well, u know why. after a bajillion years, it's still the same problem.

20. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Good post, I think only Scola, Lowry, and Wafer really took advantage of Yao being fronted.

I really wish we had a steady PG, not the up and down AB. He really needs to stick to shooting the ball, not over dribbling it.