1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Paul Ryan: Obamacare repeal is first priority under Trump

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Dec 6, 2016.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

And btw... the GOP and Trump have no clue as to what they will do to replace ACA with. No. Clue.

2. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

And the Democrats had no clue on how to fix Obamacare. Whats your point?

3. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

That neither does the GOP? And their current plans they've touted out to the public are worse than ACA? I mean we can keep pointing fingers at each other and act superior but then that would be like every post you make here. I guess it's just par for the course with you though.

4. NewRoxFan

So you are now waiting on Democrats to fix ACA now? Perhaps you weren't aware, but repubs now have control of the House, the Senate and the presidency. Repubs are now on the clock... and since they opposed ACA from the get go, they have had at least seven years to come up with their alternative solution. Not surprised though they have failed... they didn't have anything before ACA either.

5. Space Ghost

Gotcha. Obama and the Democrats passed **** legislation and now its the Republicans fault because they can't fix it.

I understand this; The republicans are the party of no ideas. Why dont you just accept the democrats are the party of bad ideas? Perhaps its time you join the rest of the 'stupid' Americans and realized our politicians own self interest is at the expense of regular Americans like you and I. You can stop pretending Obama was this great president; He wasn't. He was mediocre and he wasted 8 years trying to build his version of America. Both parties are terrible and both are bought out by special interests.

This is why healthcare can't be fixed properly by either party.

6. NewRoxFan

That "bad idea" enabled me to insure my oldest daughter at something well under $500/month. And extended the amount of time my oldest daughter can stay on my insurance policy while she continues her college education. So you can be damn sure I favor it in "my own self interest". And compared to the current guy in the President's office?

7. Space Ghost

Typical partisan hack. Wreck the entire healthcare system so you can benefit from it for a few years. You realize that provision has very little impact on the overall costs? Selfish people like yourself is exactly why we can't get decent healthcare. Promise the masses unsustainable policies as long as you 'vote for me'.

8. NewRoxFan

Partisan hack? **** you, and the selfish horse you rode in on.

London'sBurning likes this.
  9. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Wow you are dumb as ****.

What the **** do you think healthcare is about.

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Dude, what? Do you have any idea what his daughter is up against here? Jesus H., man. Check yourself. That's out of line, especially against a backdrop of bunch of people, even on this board, who just voted for a tax cut. LOL. Like that's more noble than trying to keep your kid alive?

11. Space Ghost

What does his kids have to do with this discussion? If you'd take a moment and focus on what I'd said, you'd understand this. I clearly stated keeping kids on to their parents plans for a few extra years has little to do with health care costs. This provision was only dangled to convince people to force insurance companies to burden pre-existing conditions.

And before you jump to further conclusions, I am not against finding a solution for pre-existing conditions. I am simply stating forcing private insurance companies to burden this responsibility is a catastrophe. Hence the disaster that we call Obamacare.

12. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

Tax. Employer. Paid. Health. Insurance. Premium. As. Income. Because. It. Is.

Then let's revisit this topic.

13. NewRoxFan

14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

And if you'd taken a moment to focus on what he said, you'd realize he didn't deserve your ad hominem attack and was just a father looking to take care of his family. He was posting about his personal situation, beyond politics in that moment.

But whatever. You don't have anything to worry about. Insurance companies will be more profitable than ever once our current government is through meddling with the system. No need to even post about it. Cheers.

15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

We got a problem with the health care system. Everyone agree on that.

The Republican campaigned on repeal and replace. I'm looking forward to their proposed solution. They do own it now and they will be held accountable for it, just like the DEM were.

I have seen that some folks suggest that if the Republican fail to deliver, we can go back and blame the DEM again. Going down that path, there isn't any accountability for actions on the Republican part. I'm sure that may well happen, but if it does, it's because people do not hold those in power accountable, and excuses it away. And when that happen, why would those in power ever be concerned about their actions?

#355 Amiga, Jan 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  16. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

that executive order is more powerful than people realize, Trump is going to kill Obamacare with Obama's own sword

Just as Obama already did, Trump can stop enforcement of the individual mandate and remove penalty for non-compliant plans.

17. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Right now it's nothing more than symbolic, until they said what they are doing exactly. And I have some doubt that he can just kill it, given that it's a law, not an executive order. But if he can actually gut it in some way through executive order, it's basically a repeal without any replacement - definitely not the smooth transition he promised and quite irresponsible.

18. ApolloRLB

ApolloRLB Member

This is a good point. You don't have to change the law to stop enforcing the law.

19. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

before Obama's discretionary enforcement doctrine, this was not the case

he did irreparable damage to the rule of law

#359 Commodore, Jan 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  20. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Actually, you do have to enforce the laws, unless you think it's unconstitutional. Given that Obamacare just passed that test recently, it wouldn't be based on that ground.

I think Commodore is referring to discretionary prosecution, but not sure. Obama made the choice to focus resources to prosecute this and not that (prioritization within given resources if you will) related to immigration laws. I think that's what he's referring to. I don't know what ground would Trump take here?