1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Our defense has dropped significantly

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Yellow, Jan 6, 2014.

1. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

I never try to speak for some random strangers online, and I suggest you do the same.

I call out posts/posters all the time, based on messages. I don't just group them together for my convenience.

2. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

If you say so.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=248291

3. ipuff

ipuff Member

And what's wrong with that?

Or are you saying that you aren't?

4. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

The data has also suggested Casspi & Lin with the rest of the starters gives far better defense than with Jones & Bev. How do you explain that? Quick, let Morey and McHale know.
    Numbers don't prove that much if you just look at them one way, especially if you were biased to begin with.

5. real_egal

That long piece was my opinion of the situation and some thoughts on the sometimes animosity between fans.

Did I speak for you or others? I am sorry that I missed your point.

6. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

You make the claim that you do not speak for others, and that you do not lump groups of people together for your convenience.

That long piece consists nothing but you speaking for others, and lumping groups of people together.

7. real_egal

You can be more specific - as in, how I committed a frigging crime to say, all fans, no matter the reason to become fans, no matter the agenda, we all share the same interest in team success with the players. We should NOT be against each other?

Fine, I used the word "WE", let me take that back.

Good night.

8. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Seeing as how that has not been a staple starting lineup, the most obvious conclusion is that this is the lineup that comes in at the 3 minute mark in the 1st quarter as the opposing team starts shuffling out their starters. I think that is a good measurement of the loss on offensive potency of an opposing team as the bench replaces the starters.

Just an educated guess though.

I agree! Good thing I am not biased.

9. Play07

Play07 Member

so word is starting to get out that team was a better defensive Team last year with Lin & harden in the backcourt, parsons at 3, asik at center & smith/Morris/ppat/jones hell playoffs even DELFINO at starting at PF

and best we can do is just BLAME a PG that averages 29mins a game? lmao !!! when was a pg suppose to be the D leader ? It's ok to hold HOWARD accountable, you don't have to be scared, he won't come in here in a bite you!!

10. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

I quote you now to reply you "Variables are always present. You cannot completely dismiss data because of it."

11. lfw

lfw Rookie

Seriously, that's your proof? I see a lot of "IMHO", "I think", etc. It makes me believe that he was expressing his opinion.

12. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

Sure seems to me like most people are saying the biggest fix would be getting Asik back. The Lin conversation is, relatively speaking, a side issue.

13. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Now you are playing victim.

This topic started in the first place because you made this post.

When I point out the fact that you do exactly what you accused others of, you get on your high horse and pretend you are trying to "unite" fans or whatever.

Here is just one example from that specific thread. If you still don't understand why you are being hypocritical, you probably never will.

14. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree. But in the process of making that point, Clutch paid Patrick Beverley a compliment, which is essentially kicking the hornets nest.

15. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

He made a perfectly innocuous statement. The follow-ons were pretty vigourous, albiet targeted, kicking.

16. Yohohoho

Yohohoho Member

Missing two crucial components. Beverley intensity from the bench. And the Asik 8 mil void.

17. fooshayd

fooshayd Rookie

Just trade Jeremy for kendall marshall, at least that guy can go left and has no turnover issues, am I right guys?

18. yummyhawtsauce

Lol that's interesting idea, any research on this saying crowd screaming defense = better defense? I mean I'm sure this is true but seeing a study would be cool.

But a good team shouldn't have to rely on the crowd to play defense. They should do it because they want to.

19. Panda23

Panda23 Member

[​IMG]

20. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

What?

The data Clutch is referring, which is the same lineup data I believe you saw in the starter thread, makes a good faith effort to reduce all variables except for the PG spot in order to present comparability of Lin vs. Bev. It takes the same complimentary players, in the same conditions as starters and compares relative offensive and defensive output. Are there still variables? Of course, but it still useful data.

What you posted has no context, and no comparability. It would have some use if you had beverley inserted into an identical lineup and we saw his production, but we don't.