1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Okay.. so where is Carr going next year?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by IROC it, Dec 12, 2006.

1. dsnow23

dsnow23 Contributing Member

If the Texans can't sign Matt Schaub, then Carr will likely be the Texans starting QB next year unless we do something stupid like signing Jake Plummer. Even if we do sign Schaub, I'm not sure he'd beat Carr for the starting position. Maybe if we sign Schaub, they'll trade Carr for Cedric Benson?

Hopefully, the Texans will spend their 1st round pick on an Offensive lineman and we can sign someone like Eric Steinbach. If not, whoever the Texans' QB is will be in for another long season.

2. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

Look up NFL.com and look at Jake's numbers from the previous 3 (2003 to 2005)seasons with Kuby, and you'll see that Kuby was a #5 and #7 NFL rated QB with Kuby as OC. Just thought I would mention that since most everyone is convinced Plummer is Jake "the Mistake." Now, look at what Plummer did WITHOUT Kuby this year. Chemistry speaks volumes, apparently Plummer has some game when Kuby is at the controls. That's all I'm saying.

Look, I'm surprised too. At first, I was like ugh, Plummer. He performed well under Kuby while Carr is showing signs of no chance for success under Kuby and here in Houston period. We could do worse, I dont think Smitty will be able to stomach another year with Carr. I think he's soured on him, Kuby is and most of his teammates are as well. The die is cast IMO.

3. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Well, as much as I'd like to say somewhere else, I believe he'll be here...Otherwise, Oakland or Minnesota...

4. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

WTF? I really hope you were smoking something while posting this. The answer is as Easy as that button on the commercials...

AJ went to the Pro Bowl. I bet he was cursing Carr left and right :rolleyes: . Now, Moulds... I think he REALLY REALLY expected to go to the Pro Bowl coming over to the TEXANS... :rolleyes:

;)

Hey, that paper you left on the donation basket was NOT a bill, please take it back. :D

5. msn

msn Member

How is the Pro Bowl suddenly the measure of whether or not DC can get it done? I bet those guys are unhappy. If you were a WR who wanted to win, would *you* stay on a team with DCarr as QB? I wouldn't.

6. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

Note a correction, oops ... Plummer was rated #5 and # 7 in 2 of the 3 last seasons under Kuby, not of course Kuby ... under Kuby.

7. dsnow23

dsnow23 Contributing Member

They ran a very similar offense in Denver this year and Jake was ranked 28th in passer rating. I'd rather have Carr personally. Either way, if the Texans don't address the offensive line again, they won't be any good on offense. The O-line is the Texan's biggest problem and has been since day 1. Hopefully Spencer will be able to come back and play, but it doesn't sound good.

8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I would much rather have Jake Plummer. Carr has shown NOTHING in 5 years. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Jake has had successful years and won playoff games. He doesnt throw for only 80 yrds on a consistent basis. I dont think Plummer is that great, but he is better than Carr. I still think running back is the biggest need. They cannot expect Ron Dayne or an undrafted rookie to start for this team. These guys would not play for a second on any other team in the league. If a star like peterson or Lynch are available at 8, they have to take them. A quarterback is also important because the Texans need a leader, something David Carr will NEVER be. Other player find a way to get it done with no offensive line: Matt Lienart or Vince Young. DC was sacked 41 time, so that must be the reason he cant throw? No! Marc Bulger is a pro-bowler and a proven passer and he was sacked 49 times. David Carr SUCKS. I think this team is getting much better on defense. They should spend their early picks on offense in my opinion because that is where they struggle most. I think it would be better to adress the defensive needs through free agency.

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Forgot to post this earlier today, but one of my good friends is a teacher at a Fort Bend high school and has students that are neighbors with David Carr. According to some of these students, Carr's house had been going through some additions/renovations that have completely stopped. Of course, his students believe that's because he knows he's not going to be back, but it could be any number of things. Just thought I'd pass this on because we haven't discussed David Carr enough on here. :)

10. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

11. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

i love, Love, LOVE how you unabashedly cite yourself as a source for this unsubstantiated piece of "news."

12. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

The article does mention it.

13. Buck Turgidson

The last month or so of almost constant rain has played hell with construction.

14. MONON

MONON Member

I agree with dsnow23. If the Texans can't keep their OL healthy, it won't matter who the QB is. The only OL that's worse than ours is the Raiders. Put Lienart or Young behind our line & we maybe get 1 more win at best. I haven't looked this up, but while Bulger was sacked 8 more times than Carr this year; I think Carr has been sacked more than any other QB in the last 5 years. He's been in selfpreservation mode the last 4 years.

I do think a change of scenery is needed for Carr & the Texans at this point. Carr will be ok if he gets into a situation where he can worry about the receive's routes instead of where the DL is coming from. That situation probably won't be in Houston.

15. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

16. Hey Now!

it certainly mentions those two teams, but not in the context of reportedly being interested:

17. msn

msn Member

With all due respect to your opinion and critical thinking skills (I really do mean to respect them), and at the risk of sounding a lot like Ric (sorry bro); I'm sorry but this take here strikes me as utter bullcrap. How on earth can someone know what matters to David Carr? I work with phlegmatic people every day; one is a very close friend of mine for 20 years. You can't get a rise out of him, but don't tell me he doesn't care. He may get outperformed by someone with more talent or strength, and you may not see it behind his poker face, but if you think he doesn't care you just don't get it.

I've played competitive sports and work with some present and former athletes, both successful and not successful, and let me tell you: noone--NOBODY--is satisfied, or even remotely "OK" with losing.

18. Hey Now!

no, no - well said. and this is why i got so riled up over inferences of eric moulds' (and others) supposed mindset in regards to carr. who are we to assume our opinions must automatically and obviously be shared by everyone else?

from my experience, both here and my board, the anti-carr crowd is so neck-deep in their hatred/frustration/impatience, that a good many of them (all of them?) struggle to see things from a more distant perspective. for them, everything starts with david carr, and works back from there.

i've watched david carr endure physical hell for very nearly five consecutive years. he's never complained; never thrown a teammate under the bus; never made any demands... any other player would be ADMIRED for that. carr? it's a sign he doesn't care...

19. updawg

updawg Member

this is where I disagree with you. I've worked up to the point over 5 years of thinking Carr needs to go. Its reached the point of no return for me.

Can he prosper somewhere else, probably, I hope so. But its time to make a change.

I've never said anything bad about his character, hell, I'm sure he's a great guy and family man. But this is football not a sunday BBQ.

20. msn

msn Member

But the difference was that other thing was posted as a possibility, not an opinion. Yet you attacked it like it was posted as fact.