1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Okafor, McGee, Bogut, Kaman or Pau

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kjayp, Mar 11, 2012.

?

Whats the best deal? See first entry before voting.

1. Okafor + minnie first rd pick

72 vote(s)
    26.2%
  2. McGee + Blatche

21 vote(s)
    7.6%
  3. Bogut + SJax

97 vote(s)
    35.3%
  4. Kamen

21 vote(s)
    7.6%
  5. Pau

64 vote(s)
    23.3%
  1. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I love these polls, because the results you get are nowhere near the perception you get from reading these boards...

I figured Pau would be the most desired option...80% would rather go another route.....
    Thought most were down on Bogut due to injuries - second...only to Okafor and a draft pick...

just goes to show... those that yell the loudest on Clutchfans - don't speak for the majority... lol ;)

2. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

http://www.csnphilly.com/blog/sixer...efore-NBA-deadline?blockID=667288&feedID=2365

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Stir the Kung Pao Chicken.... either us or Minny

4. joesr

joesr Member

I want to see a front court defensive line up of Dally and Okafer (5 n 4)

5. jhagerdorn

jhagerdorn Member

Couldnt You get Blatche and McGee cheap and then amnesty Blatche? Wouldnt that be a cheap way to get McGee?

They you could have a beast defensive 2 centers in McGee and the bear... Then get Pau as your 4 and you have a formidable 3 big men... for not that much invested. Then Draft well and you would be set? .... as long as C-Lee starts hitting open jumpers! :)

6. Matthieu

Matthieu Member

you cant amnesty a player that was not on your roster before the new CBA was signed

7. lean

lean Member

I want Bogut. imo he's the best player in the poll, although I'm probably a moron advocating the Rockets get another injury-prone player.

8. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

Here's what we need to do realistically speaking to get prepared for next season, in my eyes this season is a waste because these players are not in our future so why try to make the playoffs with them?

Trade Lowry + Scola + Fillers for Gasol
    Trade our 09 busts and the knicks pick(incase Stern wants more) for Emeka Okafor and the highest Hornets draft pick but it has to be unprotected, we then draft the best available talent, at that range we most likely would be drafting....
    [​IMG]

and with those 3 big men we SOLID for years to come, next up bring Llull ASAP.

9. ROX_fan_CT

ROX_fan_CT Member

This is a GREAT trade idea. ATL is going to want more for JSmoove than Okafor but this could be the foundation for a good trade for all 3 teams.

10. Samdogg36

Samdogg36 Member

I vote bogut!

11. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Okafur and the 1st, depending on the injury.

12. Pete the Cheat

reads like a phantom injury to me...I wonder if they have held Okafor out to bump up Kaman's value?

Okafor is solid, but overpaid. If we are going the rebuilding route I think it's worth the high lottery pick.

13. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Okafor is definitely overpaid, but he is still a center under 30, and they are all overpaid.

More importantly: decent locker room presence... not a cancer like Blatche (with no guarantee of wanting to match McGee's offer this offseason).

14. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Bring Captain Jack home to Texas. He's too trill to be in a place like Milwaukee.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

All those great things don't stop the fact that he's just not that good. Gasol is 2X a better player.

16. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Yeah, he's just a body. But a body that comes with a draft pick.

17. CCorn

CCorn Member

I remember last year people were saying they'd trade every player on our team for Bogut, now everyone hates on him. Bogut, when healthy, is the second best defensive center in the league. I'd trade for him, let him sit out all year to "recover" and get a high draft pick.

18. danoman

I say we get them both, that would take care of our size and defensive issues and we get a draft pick out of it.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He's making $14 million till 2014. That's $30 million dollars for a draft pick. **** that.

Stern is smart and knows that it's better to save $30 million and get ride of a draft pick than keep picks and keep paying this bum.

20. danoman

REEKO Look at it like this in order for us to take on Okafor I Imagine we would give our our 09 bust the trade would look something like this
    [​IMG]

We save about 1 million in the trade, We dont have to pick up Dalambert option next season and that would save us about 5 million more next season thats about 6 million in savings wich leaves a total of about 20 million over the next 2 seasons for a center and we get a high draft pick , I think we are the best team for this deal considering all of our expiring contracts.