1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans offseason thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Jet Blast

Jet Blast Contributing Member

Once again, there is a slight error. Oakland and KC need to be swapped. Instead of explaining it all over again please see my reply from the other thread.

2. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I'm just gonna say this: Chances are that we keep Foster to at least compete for the starting job next year. Kubiak has said all along that he likes this guy's talent, and that the talent level has always been there. It's the work ethic they haven't seen. That is why he was pulled from St. Louis. He didn't work hard, and then fumbled. I'm glad Kubiak pulled him. You gotta teach the young guys a lesson. Kubiak then turned around, and two weeks later was commending Foster for working hard, and rewarding him by giving him carries, and the guy produced. 'Nuff said. Like I said before, I see the Texans keeping at least Foster and Slaton, and possibly bringing in a guy like Jackie Battle, who is a RFA to compete with Moats for the third back. I still say that, given a little time, Battle is that complement we've been looking for.

To whoever brought up Kyle Wilson, thank you. I've seen this guy play about four times on TV this year, and he's the real deal. Character guy, tough-nosed player, actually has some ball-hawking skills for a corner, too. If we somehow got Cody in the first, and Wilson in the second, I'd probably JIMP (j*zz In My Pants).

3. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

You're welcome! Haha...I literally had a dream last night we drafted Earl Thomas (hopefully he comes out) in the first round and Kyle Wilson in the second round. Major upgrade in the secondary right there

4. Egghead

Egghead Member

Joe McKnight declared for the NFL draft, thoughts?

5. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Texans are going to have to suffer through next year. I think it will be after that they can contend. That schedule is rough.

2 losses to Indy+ a split with Tennessee and a split with Jacksonville is

2 and 4.

A split vs the NFC east makes them 4 and 6.

Only Oakland and KC are easy, ouch ouch ouch.

Home: Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Dallas, NY Giants, San Diego, Oakland, Baltimore

Away: Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Philadelphia, Washington, Denver, Kansas City, NY Jets

6. astros148

astros148 Member

lots of mock drafts have us pickin thomas! good pick!

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

This team this year IMO was a 11-5 team easily
    they underacheived

I think next year they will win 10 Games at least
    IF Kubiak coaches up a little bit more.

Rocket River

8. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

WAAAYYYY too early to start projecting wins and losses.

I could see this team, depending on free agency and the draft, being anywhere from a top 5 team in the league next year, and being picked by some as a Super Bowl contender, to being 6 and 10.

But then again you could say that about probably 20 teams right now.

9. jtotheb

jtotheb Contributing Member

I'm very curious to see how active the Texans are in free agency this offseason. Isn't the NFL going into an un-capped year?

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Schefter and Mortensen reporting Dennison will be in town tomorrow.(He'll likely get the job as OC)

1 person likes this.
  11. Legend Killer

Legend Killer Contributing Member

This... Now with that said. It's either playoffs or pink slip for Gary, and I dont see him getting the pink slip next season.

12. couch_pot8o

couch_pot8o Contributing Member

per the Texans' Twitter, they signed former QB standout of USC John David Booty. What's going to happen to Dan or Rex?

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

JDB!? I thought he was going to Seattle?! :p

Dan will become the backup. Rex was only here on a 1 year deal IIRC(and didnt do much or too well when given the chance)

14. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Who's to say Booty will even make the team? He should still have practice squad eligibility. If he does, Rex has to be gone.

15. Nashvegas

Nashvegas Contributing Member

Mclain just said on his chat that Alex Gibbs is going to Seattle with Pete Carroll

16. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Breaking NEWS!: Coach Alex Gibbs is going to Seattle...McClain will be updating this info....!

(just rec'd from live chat)

17. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Beat me by secs.... :)

18. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

A year ago I would've never thought I'd say this, but Gibbs can go. He's had a great career and gotten results, but we were ATROCIOUS in the ground game even with his type of guys on the o-line. Granted we did have injury problems and one totally incompetent back, but I think it's time to add a little meat to the inside line and the ability to pound the ball inside.

Interesting that he would leave coaching with his son, though.

19. Nashvegas

Nashvegas Contributing Member

I agree completely, I'd love to see us draft 2 huge guards and I think most of our running problems would be solved

20. noscrusir

noscrusir Contributing Member

Seems like Seahawks owner Paul Allen is continue to shell out whatever's necessary to hire the coaches he targets. Can't say I blame Gibbs for taking the offer.

Must be nice being the richest owner in the NFL. :)