1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Reggie Bush or Someone else -- Vince Young out of running

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Isn't that what Gary Walker did? Yes, I have been to a few games, but truthfully I notice it more on TV, where they show the dissappointment on the players faces.

The offense just seems to not have faith in him, maybe Gary Kubiak can make it right.

I hope he does, as a casual fan I would love for the Texans to be good, but I just don't have the passion for this team that I had for the Oilers.

DD

2. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Yeah, I like Carr too. What could we get in trade for him since all the coaches around the league like him so much. Or, are the only coaches that like him potential coaches interviewing for the job?

There is really nothing about Carr to really dislike. The thing is there is really nothing about Carr to really love either. Indifferent??? Is that the word?

I liked David Robinson. I would have been happy to have him on my team. Shoot, he was a great player, wasn't he?

I like and respect a whole lot of players.

So.

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

So, draft Reggie Bush.

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

To me, the crappiest pieces of the offense were the line and WRs (besides AJ) and TE. They were worthless. I felt confident Carr could hit the open man, deep or short, IF they were open and he had time.

5. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

To me, the best part of the offense was Domanick Davis and his running game. I feel confident he can hit the hole and average 100 yards per game rushing.

So, draft Vince Young. ;)

6. candlegreen

candlegreen Contributing Member

not sure if it's posted, but I just saw this on ESPN

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/news/story?id=2425818Even as Houston Texans officials continued to insist they have made no decision about the first selection in the draft, there were strong indications Friday afternoon that the team has redirected its focus to North Carolina State defensive end Mario Williams.

Texans executives were in substantive negotiations with Ben Dogra, the representative for Williams, throughout the day. Conversely, ESPN.com learned that the agent for Southern California tailback and Heisman Trophy winner Reggie Bush had not heard from the Texans, as of late Friday afternoon, in more than 24 hours.

The two sides spoke twice Thursday, but only briefly and made no progress toward an accord. During the week, progress was incremental and one person close to the discussions termed them "a little bit like being in quicksand."

In addition, league sources told ESPN.com that, in terms of guaranteed money, the latest offer made to Williams exceeds the best proposal made to Bush.

Minus any conversations with the Bush camp since Thursday, there seemed little chance the Texans could strike a pre-draft accord with the draft's highest-profile performer even if they were to jump-start the negotiations on Friday evening.

Texans general manager Charley Casserly had cautioned earlier in the week that anyone concluding the team had decided on Bush and was only using Williams as leverage was mistaken. He reiterated that the Texans were serious about both players, negotiating with both agents, and that one of the two would be the top pick.

Dogra, however, was originally reluctant to enter into negotiations because he felt that his client might be used to force Bush into a deal. Clearly, the Texans convinced him that was not the case.

Were the Texans to choose Williams, it would mark the first time since 2000 that a defensive player was the first prospect off the board. The Cleveland Browns chose defensive Courtney Brown with the first pick that year.

The choice of Williams by the Texans could also dramatically alter the landscape of the early segment of the first round. The New Orleans Saints, with the second choice, have indicated they would snap up Bush if he fell to their slot. But the Saints had hinted, in general, that they might entertain trade offers for their pick.

The availability of Bush at the No. 2 spot would almost certainly elicit trade offers.

7. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Perhaps they draft Mario Williams... and everybody here is upset.

That would be pretty cool (just from a BBS standpoint, not neccessarily from a football standpoint).

8. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

This only proves that a lot of Houston fans are idiots. Terry Bradshaw was about to be run out of Pittsburgh before he won four Super Bowls. Writing off Carr's career after his offensive line and coaching failed him so miserably would be silly. I'm going to trust Kubiak, a man who has played and coached in the NFL, over Holly F. and the Vince Young pod people.

9. codell

codell Contributing Member

well, no, i don't believe that

since, Casserly has ruled out Young, I believe that its stopped becoming about drafting VY v. Bush and started being about drafting anyone but Bush

10. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Hey Castor, it might be time to update the thread title (again) to read:

[Official] Someone else-- Young and Bush out of running

:)

11. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Contributing Member

Yeah...for the Saints!!! What do the Texans get out of this????
    Mario is NOT a #1 pick. If the Texans want Mario, then trade the damn #1 pick and get something for it. Mario is not worthy of being #1.
    Hell might as well draft VY!!!!!
    This is Casserly's way of screwing the team before his departure and McNair is stupid enough not to see it. This team is going to be the laughing stock of the NFL even more after tomorrow.

12. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

Just saw on FOX breaking news Mark Berman reported that we have reached a deal with Mario.. I wanted Bush :(

13. Major

Major Member

Your success rate at big-time predictions is getting close to bigtexxx. :p

14. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Yeah, ESPN just broke into the Cavs-Wiz game to report it as well.

15. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

Completely, Utterly, DISSAPOINTED!!! UNPROFESSIONAL DUMBASSES!!!

16. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

I guess we can lock this now.

17. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

yep, "Somebody else" wins.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.