1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Reggie Bush or Someone else -- Vince Young out of running

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

ok, now that's downright ludicrous.

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

EXACTLY!!! :D

3. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Wow. You've got to be kidding. QB's always have more question marks than every other postion combined.

4. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

If VY gets past Tennessee, this will no longer be a question of Bush or Young. It will be a question of Bush or Young and whatever else we could get in a trade for Bush. If VY falls to #6, we know San Fran wants Bush and will trade a ton of picks to get him. It then becomes Bush or Young and 2 or 3 other 1st and 2nd round picks plus whatever we could trade Carr for.

In my mind, if Vince or Mario falls past Tennessee, and the Jets are on the clock then we SHOULD make a deal and trade Bush for either VY or Mario and whatever else we can get. If VY falls to San Fran, a trade would be a no brainer if San Fran is willing to give up what has been reported to be 3 first rounders and a second.

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Where was this reported?

6. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

1. We are not drafting Vince Young. We could trade down to #10 and if VY was on the board, the Texans still wouldn't draft him (or any other QB).

2. Please show me a somewhat credible source (espn, sportsline, chronicle, nfl.com, etc...basically anything other than a random guy on a bbs) that has reported that the 49ers are offering 3 1st round picks and a 2nd for our #1. Thanks in advance.

7. updawg

updawg Member

If theres 3 #1's and and 2nd I would take it.

8. jopatmc

Right here. Like if you read it in the media it has to be true? I'm saying that there are offers on the table for the #1 pick, but they involve teams other than NO and Tennessee and those offers won't be finally evaluated until the draft goes down and we take Bush and see what NO and Tennessee do. You have to read between the lines of all this media hype and all the lies that these GMs are putting out there to throw their competition off the trail.

NO wants MW and they aren't trading down unless they are assured they will get MW. We don't know for sure what Tennessee wants but it sure looks like Tennessee is trying to force us to take VY by pumping him up and using the Houston connection against us. It sure looks like they are trying to work the angle of moving up one slot with NO and getting Leinart and NO getting MW at 3. I don't think they want Oakland moving ahead of them to grab ML.

Personally, I think the Texans probably have Bush, MW, and VY rated pretty even giving Bush the edge based on pure need and how they perceive other teams value him. They probably don't have Bush rated quite as high as others because of Kubiak playing and coaching in the Denver system and knowing the value or lack of value of running backs that can be successful in that system.

IF.........they had a chance to get either MW or VY and other picks, etc., I believe that they will think long and hard about it, especially in light of Kubiak coming from Denver.

I think Bush is in play if MW and/or VY is still on the board at 4.

#3508 jopatmc, Apr 28, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2006
  9. Mr. Clutch

Yes to MW, no to VY. I really don't think they are looking to trade down for VY at all. MW may be in play, they have had contract talks with him. If he is part of a trade- down deal then it may be too good to pass up if they have him rated almost as high as Bush.

10. updawg

updawg Member

I sure hope thats what their thinking. But the way this organization has been run I'm having my doubts. Thanks for keeping me interested

11. jopatmc

You're PROBABLY right. The main situation is not that they don't like VY however. It's because they cannot maintain etiquette with Carr and draft VY. And they apparently can't move Carr for any value. I do believe this organization and McNair have class and they don't want to dump on Carr. They drafted Carr with the idea that he would be the face of this organization. It would be EXTREMELY difficult to bring in VY and let Carr play for a year. I just don't see how that would work. And it would not be fair to Carr. Carr does deserve better than that.

I guess what I'm trying to say is barring a trade that would move Carr to another city, I don't see us bringing in Vince. I do see us being willing to trade down though for the right package of picks and if we could miracously move Carr the acquisition would be a no-brainer for this franchise.

12. KAS13

KAS13 Contributing Member

There is no possibility of the texans taking Young. If they traded down (there's only a certain range that they would) he would not be a player of interest. Kubiak likes Carr and that's enough for us. Like i've posted before the Texans draft board would be:

1.Bush
    2.Williams
    3.Brick
    4.Hawk

If i had to speculate on a 5th it would be Huff.

13. gunn

gunn Contributing Member

And that is exactly why they are a crap football team. They just don't get. Never have. I was there two years ago when people were booing Carr and pouring beer on his wife (not that I condone that) but people don't respect Carr in the stands and by all accounts on the field either.

14. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

You should have stopped those rednecks.

15. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

The funny thing is the dissappoiting to outright failure rate of #1 picks or top 5 picks who happen to play QB is not all that different than any other position. The draft is littlered with bustolas at RB, OT, DL, everything. QB for the most part just get more attention and public dissection when they fail spectacularly (Leaf, Akili, etc).

My board would have VY 1st, Bush 2nd, both are great athletes and great potential NFLers, but neither are totally polished/flawless and both have some bust factors. VY could bust as a pro QB certainly, I don't think he will, but you never know--he is going to have to run a very different kind of offense. However Bush is certainly not the level of a "sure thing" dominant NFL runner either like say Bo Jackson, Earl, OJ, Jim Brown, Barry Sanders, Dickerson and probably not as sure thing as Dorsett and Faulk, and that is just off the top of my head. That is why I don't like assessments claiming Bush is anywhere near the best or most polished RB prospect to ever come along--far from it on both accounts. Great RB prospect, but not close to a sure thing or the finest physical speciman to have lined up at tailback in college.

I am not sure if I have Williams ahead of Dbrick or Vernon Davis--but they round out my top 5 on sheer potential (after Young and Bush). Personally, I think Vernon Davis, NOT Mario Williams, is the least likely to be a major dissappointment of my top 5. Hawk and ML IMO are a notch below in upside (my 6-7), though I am sure Hawk will at worst be a good NFL player.

16. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

So we're supposed to trust the opinion of a few drunken trailer trash rednecks who pour beer on women over the opinion of Gary Kubiak?

And what accounts do you have that say the team doesn't respect Carr? Yes, I saw Gary Walker yelling at him but Gary Walker isn't on the team anymore.

17. KAS13

KAS13 Contributing Member

Well said. It's always great to use the example "I was there when the fans were pouring beer on Carr's family". Now there's a group of people I respect. :rolleyes:

18. Mr. Clutch

It's always been my impression that Carr is respected by his teammmates and people around the league. Plus we all heard how the potential coaches interviewing for the job said they liked Carr.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

See, I get a different impression, I get the impression that they respect his hanging in there and taking a hit, but don't necessarilly respect his game.

Just look at Andre during the game when he is open and Carr doesn't give him a sniff......the team's whole demeanor around Carr is one of "I hope he can do it" rather than " I know he can".

Carr, IMHO, is just not going to ever be a great QB.....and I hope I am wrong......but 4 years is enough for me.

Hell, he might have been great if he didn't take such a pounding for 4 years, but he did, and to me he is gun shy...

DD

20. Mr. Clutch

Did you go to the games? I have season tickets. I didn't see that. I don't see how you can tell by body language. If they didn't respect him, we'd hear about it. We would have a Joey Harrington situation where players were speaking out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.