1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Rangers @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Sep 5, 2022.

1. PhiSlammaJamma

He was obviously out. I don't know why people are questioning it.

2. Buck Turgidson

Literally I was asking you to show the video that you said was going around. And you did, and it's cool, and you were right. I didn't think to look at the Rangers' twitter feed for better stuff, because I've never looked at the Rangers' twitter feed for anything.

Also, your first reaction to the play was: "Bad call by the umpire"

I apologize for my offensive language or my curt "show it" being offensive to you, but you're reading way too much into things. I literally just wanted you to show the video that we on the bbs had not seen at that point. Don't be such a "child" about things now. ;)

Nook likes this.
  3. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

HB is a stud... just as advertised.

4. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Lunhow is a gift that keeps on giving. Than you for Hunter

5. HeyBudLetsParty

You know it’s the same scouts from the Luhnow era that are doing the scouting, he was great but let’s not pretend he was personally scouting 5th round picks.

STR8Thugg and T for 3 like this.
  6. HeyBudLetsParty

Also fck Ken Rosenthal

7. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

good boring win

Killatron 2000 and whiskeyred like this.
  8. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

They actually do this in cricket. The replayer goes screen by screen and announces over the pa what they are seeing. The jumbotron shows the replay that the replay umpire is looking at. It's pretty cool

jiggyfly likes this.
  9. Yordan The Great

Got to really appreciate the outstanding sense of humor Maldy possesses.

His take on what he saw from Brown today:

“Impressive,” catcher Martín Maldonado said. “The first couple of innings, he threw the ball really, really good. He reminded me of [Justin Verlander] back in the day -- a young J.V. -- when J.V. was still doing his thing.

Freaking hilarious.

Well played Maldy. Well played.

HeyBudLetsParty and Nook like this.
  10. Yordan The Great

Well I'm no longer a bit concerned about the bullpen.

The Pressly IL stint ended up being a blessing in disguise, because in his absence we got Montero regaining all of his confidence back after an awful middle of August. In fact I would say he is more confident now getting all these saves than a little over month ago when he era was in the mid 1's. I think it served him well to face all that adversity and now end up even stronger than before. Add to this Neris coming up big in the setup role and most importantly the ascension of Mr. Abreu as a significant part of the back end of this bullpen now.

Pressly
    Montero
    Stanek
    Abreu
    Neris

That's 5 strong. That will help you win a World Series.

11. Yordan The Great

Pretty crazy this late in the season we almost have every pitcher on the staff with an ERA under 4, the highest ERA is only 4.07.

Surfguy likes this.
  12. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

They did show that same angle on our broadcast. They showed it. He got his fingertips. What you see on twitter from the rangers feed was also shown on the astros feed.

my wife and I both knew he was safe until they showed that angle. Altuve bumped his glove with his fingertips just before his hand comes down on home plate.

Rock Block and tmacfor35 like this.
  13. Yordan The Great

Astros starting pitching
    2.96 ERA

Astros bullpen
    2.86 ERA

14. BaiHua

BaiHua Member

Impressive stuff

15. Yordan The Great

Brown became only the 14th starter all season for the Astros not to reach the 80 pitch mark (finished at 79). 9 of the 14 occurred in the first 17 games of the season (as expected), so this was only the 5th time in the last 118 games (one of those was JV and the calf injury) a Houston pitcher didn't give us 80+ pitches. Outside of the JV and Brown starts, we've averaged a pitcher throwing fewer than 80 pitches 1 out of roughly every 40 games over the last 117. That is pretty damn incredible consistency.

The Twins lead the league in this category with a whopping 72 such starts.

#275 Yordan The Great, Sep 6, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2022
  16. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Cricket Replay System is much further ahead and uses X Rays, Computer simulated ball where it's bowled and if it hits the Stumps, Microphone Sound of bat if he is out. 3rd Umpire in Booth quickly makes decision for Umpires on the Field.

MLB Replay is more Amateur Umpires , they don't look at the Strike Zone, just ignore it.
    MLB Replay is often ignored and even if Replayed they take Way Too Long

eliefor3 likes this.
  17. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

What uniform was he wearing? It can't be from last night.

Just saw it. Bad angle for tag, Great for touching HP.

#277 Marshall Bryant, Sep 6, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2022
  18. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

It's still not CLEAR to me. The angle was great for touching the plate, but not for contact with the elbow. But if you rely on just that angle, I could see the call stands ruling. I'd love to see the synced composite version.

19. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

I'd like to say a word in Maton's behalf as well. He ;s very good when he's on, but a few games when he wasn't really did a number on his ERA. He's appeared in 56 games and taken 2 losses.

Tomstro likes this.
  20. conquistador#11

The young brotha was outstanding in his debut.

solid likes this.