1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official: Chris Paul traded to LA Clippers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rocketboi, Dec 11, 2011.

1. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

sam_amick Sam Amick
    At least one Clippers player is telling people he's headed to New Orleans, according to source who has spoken with him.

2. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...clippers.chris.paul/index.html?sct=nba_t11_a0

3. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

No Gordon after all? Then this must be vetoed.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-clippers-20111212,0,2925892.story

4. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

5. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Color me baffled... NO Eric Gordon? Clearly placing a tremendous amount of value in MIN's unprotected #1 in '12. Kaman's played in 60+ games in only one season dating back to '06, Bledsoe wouldn't even start at his Alma mater, and Aminu's flat-out painful on the eye.

Morey's offer was considerably stronger... Stern should boldly reject this deal.

6. BasketballReasons

But he won't, because this is the Clippers.

1 person likes this.
  7. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

1 person likes this.
  8. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Lol, reading is fundamental, meh. You said that deal "is pretty risky if CP3 bails in a year." If he bails in a year, Eric Gordon would not be included, which mitigates the risk. If EG is included, Clips have said that Paul has to opt-in for another year, which allows LA to have him for two seasons at the minimum. Maybe English is your second language.

EG is probably not included due to CP3 not agreeing to exercise his player option for 2012-13 season. Either way, good deal for the Clips. At the very least, they'll be really exciting to watch this season. If things go well, I could see Sterling trying to do what it takes to resign CP3, especially to keep Blake Griffin happy and to keep him from leaving after his deal is done.

9. BasketballReasons

And guess which team is getting the #1 pick this year?

Hint: They are NBA-owned ;)

10. leslie

leslie Member

Too much uncertainty with MIN's unprotected #1. They've got two good rookies Rubio and Williams (#2 pick this year) as well as HOF Coach Adelman.

MIN's roster:
    pg: Rubio, Ridnour
    Sg: Webster
    SF: Beasley, Williams, Johnson
    PF: Love
    C: Milicic, Randolph

11. BasketballReasons

I don't think Minny is going to be that bad this year. They have an exciting team and a great coach. Plus, I don't think they are done dealing, by the looks of it they are trying to acquire veteran talent.

That team could sneak in the playoffs.

If anything, I think they won't pick under #10.

If I were the Hornets, I would call Boston and a third team and get Rondo over here with some other young prospects or picks.
    At least you get some guy that will sell you tickets and can hold the fort.

12. houstonhoya

houstonhoya Contributing Member

wtf is this nonsense, we could offer them a much better package of kmart patterson dragic budinger and two first rd picks. plus, who really thinks the twolves are going to be that bad this year? not w rubio, love, dwill, oh and that adelman guy. he aight..

13. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

That Minnesota pick is a question mark, but it has major potential to be gold. A franchise player you can build a new era around is better than a bunch of borderline All-Star vets that keep you competitive, but not a true contender.

Adelman's a great coach, but he's not going to turn the Wolves around overnight. They're still a super young team with major defensive deficiencies in their lineup. There's a good chance they hit the jackpot with that pick. Good trade.

14. YourSecretLover

i hope morey joins in and somehow gets eric gordon

15. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

sam_amick Sam Amick
    The aforementioned Clippers mystery man who I'm told is convinced he's being traded to NO, by the way, is Eric G...I mean, Eric Bledsoe

sam_amick Sam Amick
    The Clips and Hornets had re-engaged in talks early today and sources had said NO was focused on that opportunity alone.

16. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

sam_amick Sam Amick
    Not rocket science if you consider Survivor element to previous CP3 top 4 (Lakers, GS, Bos, Clips) & fact that NBA took leverage from NO...

sam_amick Sam Amick
    ...by discouraging bidders: Lakers (died twice), Boston (J. Green signing game-changer cuz he was in it), GS (No Curry if no commitment)

17. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

plus if they can flip Kaman and his expiring contract (and semi decent C play) for another pick and then they suck themselves they could be in the running for 2 lottery pick and another first rounder in a strong draft, plus a reduced pay roll could make the sale of the team easier

the key question mark for me is whether okafors contract is tied to trading Paul, cause if it isn't that is a tough one to move

18. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

IMO, if Eric Gordon isn't in the deal, Stern should veto this trade.

19. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Yeah, I agree with you -- it makes the team easier to sell and it's a better way to rebuild IMO. I'm pretty certain Stern will make sure at least one of their picks lands in top 5 come draft night.

20. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

if they don't give up Gordon..man they will be loaded..and a fun team to watch

Paul
    Gordon
    Butler
    Griffin
    Jordan (maybe)

wow.