1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official: Chris Paul traded to LA Clippers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rocketboi, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

clippers getting raped , i hate the deal...

2. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

For a team that never really competed to potentially have 2 superstars, that's a great deal.

3. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Why?

Gordon hurts, but you have to fork over a legit talent in order to get your hands on a player like CP3, purest PG in the NBA.

Bledsoe was a reach at #18 in a weak '10 draft, Aminu's a tweener w/ a horrendous perimeter game. He had the highest TO ratio among swingmen in the NBA last season... but, he can't be moved to the 4 b/c he's incredibly soft and clumsy.

The picks are just icing on the cake for Stern, that conniving rat.

4. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

No its not. the clippers would be giving far to much. i wouldn't include Gordon in that trade.

Kaman, Bledsoe, Aminu, Minny pick, and a future pick is suffice....

5. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Stern would wipe his ass w/ that proposal and return to his croquet match.

6. Asian Sensation

LOL. Too funny.

7. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

You serious? 3 of them together isn't even worth 1/4 of Paul's value. You better put in Eric Gordon. You think this is a deal for a border line star?

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

You are being totally unrealistic. CP3 is a game-changer and is on a completely different level than Eric Gordon will ever be. Neither Bledsoe nor Aminu are anything special. Can't you see this actually makes your team a borderline Finals contender? You have to jump at the chance to get franchise-players like CP3.

Another benefit: CP3 is the on-court floor leader that can make up for having a sorry coach like Vinny.

9. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

To the people that are thinking Clips/Roxfan is crazy to think that would be enough for CP3, do you see how him being a fan has over valued those players? This is exactly what y'all were doing with Kevin Martin and Luis Scola.

1 person likes this.
  10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Yeah, I don't ever remember getting CP3 in that deal. I do remember giving up so much for a unhappy 31 years old Power foward that doesn't even wanna come here.

11. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

TRUTH.

12. meh

meh Contributing Member

Is it me or does it seem like Clips/Roxfan's thinking the deal is for CP3 rental(hence not worth it). While everyone is talking about a fair deal assuming CP3 stays there?

Because that deal is pretty risky if CP3 bails in a year. But definitely fair if he signs an extension.

13. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

It's a risk you have to take if you're the clips. Aminu isn't good, Kaman's is basically out the door anyway, Bledsoe isn't that good, and the minny pick won't be a good as everyone thinks it will be. Losing Gordon hurts, but he can be replaced. CP3 can make anybody look better than they really are.

This season will be the biggest season in the history of the clips if the trade goes through. If they can show paul that the clippers are for real and possible contenders by the trade deadline, then I think he signs. If they don't and they know he will leave, trade him to a place he would sign with.

14. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Why don't you try reading a little bit? The OP says that Eric Gordon will only be included if Paul agrees to "opt-in" to the final year of his deal, which would assure LAC of having him next 2 yrs. The rest of the players in the deal are all expendable.

15. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

Oh snap! It's Kwame Brown!

:grin:

You bust, you!

:p

16. meh

meh Contributing Member

Where in my post did you read "one year rental"? If you think 1yr opt-in = 5 year extension, then you and I have different concepts of basic math.

17. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

18. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

That's a lot to give up for CP3.. This offer is light-years better than the Rockets one.

19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This really boils down to EG, Kaman and two first-rounders. I would only do it if CP3 agreed to extend. Without that assurance, CP3's value is limited.

20. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

So they won't be giving up Eric Gordon?

How is that any better than our offer then?