1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official: Chris Paul traded to LA Clippers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rocketboi, Dec 11, 2011.

1. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

Meant to say Odom, Scola and Martin are overpaid.

2. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
    When asked if deal sending Chris Paul to LAC for Gordon, Aminu, Kaman and pick had league approval, source says: "The league made deal."

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Kid. I already told you to think before you post. You do not need to post every random thought that comes into your head.

Odom is underpaid, if anything. Scola and Martin are fairly compensated.

As I said, a team like NO should consider itself fortunate to have such good players as Scola and Martin locked up for a while.

4. kentuckyalum

kentuckyalum Member

lowry and scola for bledsoe and moe

5. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

And be doomed to mediocrity like us?

No way, why have Odom and Scola when you aren't gonna compete for a title for the forseeable future?

Kid?

:rolleyes:

6. da_juice

da_juice Member

Help them move to Seattle. Or San Diego. Or St. Louis.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Now come on Orlando. Your turn. Trade Dwight, end this.

ChrisMannixSI Chris Mannix
    Cut Billups? Really?!

8. srrono

srrono Member

Kaman, Okafor both on NO Rockets should trade for 1 of them

9. toby

toby Member

Is it just me, or is it weird to post a BimaThug tweet? I'm not criticizing, just seems kinda funny.

10. Icehouse

Icehouse Member

Martin is arguably better than Gordon. But considering that he is older and makes a ton more a team in NO situation would prefer Gordon.

Scola is arguably worse than a healthy Kaman. Centers are rare and PF's aren't. But Kaman doesn't add LT salary.

Odom is light years ahead of Aminu. But considering Odom isn't a top option and the team wasn't going to win with him, the unprotected pick from Sota is light years ahead of what Odom can fetch (a protected low first rounder).

They clearly got the better deal. Folks owe Stern an apology.

11. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

This. Well . . .

Gordon (young; cheap contract for another year and is restricted free agent after that; will be hitting his prime right when Hornets can expect to be good again) >>> Martin (already in his prime; large yet reasonable contract for another two years; will be starting to decline by the time the Hornets are good again)

2012 Minny pick (expected to be anywhere from #1 to #8) >>>>>>>>> 2012 NY pick (expected to be anywhere from #19 to #23)

Aminu (very young player on rookie contract; will develop as Hornets improve and should be good at same time as Hornets) > Odom (32 years old; large contract; would need to be moved on to another team)

Kaman (former All-Star center; expiring contract that can be easily moved or allowed to expire; still has value as a player) [???] Scola (above average PF on a long-term contract but who is owed ~$30-35M over the next 3-4 years)

As I mentioned in my last salary cap update, I always thought that the Clippers had the two absolute best trade assets to land one of the Big Three in Eric Gordon and the 2012 Minnesota first round pick. There is NO FREAKING WAY that any other team could have beaten a package from the Clippers that included both of those assets. Adding Aminu and Kaman's expiring contract means that the Hornets are getting four quality assets.

David Stern committed an unforgivable sin by not communicating properly with Dell Demps prior to commencement of CP3 trade negotiations. But Stern absolutely made the right decision to veto the Lakers/Rockets/Hornets trade in favor of this package. It's an unbelievable haul for the Hornets.

12. srrono

srrono Member

why its a good idea both of them centers are over paid

13. JeffB

JeffB Member

It is also about the age of the players involved. It is not in NOLA's inteerest to pick up good players on the wrong side of 30. Gordon is 22. Aminu is 21. Kaman is the old man at 29.

As for salaries, Kaman's 12 mil comes off the cap after this season. Aminu is in his rookie deal. Gordon will be restricted in a year. Pretty good.

This is a rebuilding trade; not a tread water trade.

14. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

LOL, owned, kid!

:rolleyes::grin:

15. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Chris Paul signs with the clippers

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...es-new-orleans-hornets-agree-chris-paul-trade

The Los Angeles Clippers have agreed to a deal in principle with the league-owned New Orleans Hornets to acquire guard Chris Paul, according to sources close to the process.

The Clippers, sources said, will send guard Eric Gordon, center Chris Kaman, forward Al-Farouq Aminu and Minnesota's unprotected 2012 first-round pick to the Hornets for Paul.

The Clippers will also receive two future second-round picks, according to sources.

I know we tried super hard to get chris paul but it failed. I know you guys are gonna say "useless thread or why you make this thread" well i made this thread so people can stop trying to figure out who to trade for chris paul. P.S **** Stern :grin:

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Terrible. That'd be making a move just for the sake of making a move. I'd take Bledsoe as a backup but no thanks to Williams.

17. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

evidently I dont have to as cod and ascaptjack has already explained quite well for me :p.

Also like to add one huge point that wasnt mentioned enough about the LA/Houston offer was that, New Orleans would have had to add 15+ million dollar in salary cost the first year of that deal ALONE. Let me repeat that, their payroll would've increased 15 million in 2011-12. Whereas the Clippers deal is nearly salary/cost neutral for this year and cost savings for future years for the Hornets.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well done commissioner
    touche

19. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

20. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

I agree with you Bima, this is a big time deal for the Hornets.

Eric Gordon is no joke but I see him signing with the Indiana Pacers ESPECIALLY if the Hornets are below average.