1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NY Daily News]: Axe Body Spray -- Magic potion for sex? (my article)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rasselas, Nov 18, 2005.

1. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

cologne is for metrosexuals. spray on cologne is for homosexuals.

Just shower with good soap.

2. DanzelKun

DanzelKun Contributing Member

Haha I also get this all the time! Old Spice deodorant... :)

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I haven't bought the stuff, but those commercials make you want to go out and get some. I love the one with the mom,

"oops" :D

4. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

Do axe users use axe without an underarm deodorant? Because Axe by itself under the arms doesn't really act as a very good deodorant...I think you're supposed to use it in conjunction with a real deodorant.

5. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

Now that's a business idea!

6. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

My son wears it and has attracted girls from other countries, not to mention women that have children. :eek:

7. Rasselas

Rasselas Contributing Member

Thanks for the feedback.

vj23k -- According to the representative I interviewed at Axe, between 60 - 70% of the guys who use the body spray (I forget the exact stat off the top of my head) also use a stick deoderant.

#27 Rasselas, Nov 18, 2005
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2005
  8. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

yeah i think so too. when i first got it i thought it was just a spray deodorant but it really doesn't hold up well over time and if you sweat alot it's basically gone within an hour. i just use an unscented gel(mitchum) and then spray a little body spray(old spice redzone) for the scent. real cologne is too strong for me. i don't need everyone in the world to smell me coming i just want to make sure i don't stink.

as for axe effect on girls, when i was in the flirting stage with my now girlfriend i had just started wearing axe and she always thought i smelled awesome. i probably could have had any kind of scent but axe didn't hurt me.

9. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Same here dude. Speedstick rules.

All I can say about Axe is it makes my roommates bathroom smell good for about 30 minutes. As far as using it as a cologne, I'll stick with the real stuff.

10. PhiSlammaJamma

I have to admit, the commercials are kinda hot. Excellent marketing strategy. Which is what the Rockets should be doing. If you come to the game you might get sex. Or at least an orgasm. But right now, all they get are headaches.

11. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I have a can of Phoenix. I've been told I smell great by women before when wearing it, of course they were either strippers or Hooters girls and never just a random woman. I don't really bother with it anymore. I thought it was just be like a a cologne you use for more casual stuff, like going to strip clubs...

Seriously, the commercials are great, it's a great marketing campaign, but you'd have to be a moron to think women would jump on you based on what fragrance you are wearing. Even the most expensive cologne won't have hotties fighting over you.

Oh, I bought the body wash as well and it smelled pretty good, but when I didn't see any mention on the bottle about how well it actually cleans you, I went out and bought something with anti-bacterial on the bottle.

12. Xenochimera

Xenochimera Contributing Member

this stuff is really good for flame throwers...touch is my fav.

13. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes occasionally I will get it for the deodorant, but even more frequently I will get it for my shaving cream. That's odd because I only use colgate, barbasol or occasionally edge.

14. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I use it. 60% of the time, it works every time.

15. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Totally agreed.

For those of you who buy Axe, do you REALLY expect the oh-so-sexy situations in the commercials to miraculously come true? C'mon, people. That's like deciding to become a plumber because you think every house call will turn into an orgy with Kobe Tai and Jenna Jameson. NOT GONNA HAPPEN. You're no MacBeth.

16. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Ummm...yeah. But I don't want to bore everybody by recounting the list here. :D ;)

17. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

It's more effective to shower with some good soap. Use an antipersperant deodorant, and shave using some shaving gel... and maybe throw on some aftershave, than to spray tons of "sweat/urine smelling" junk on you.

In my 17 years experience (since I started shaving) I've had way more compliments from basic hygiene than from pouring on the "cologne" or "bodyspray."

After I met my wife, I also found that some of the cheapest stuff smells the best, and is less "offensive" or "intrusive."

My wife always said she couldn't stand a guy that she could smell, as if forced to, from several feet away. A "fragrance" at close distance, if at all, is much more preferable to most women... basically anything that smells clean, and not like it's covering up body odor.

Some of the "scents" found in these body sprays actually plays on the angle of simulating natural body fluid pheromones... like urine, and sweat.

Just stay freshly cleaned, and if you sweat or pee on yourself, it's about the same.

18. Isabel

Isabel Member

Look what time it is. Almost time for those who are into that sort of thing to come home from the bars and clubs. Those who used Axe can tell us whether or not they scored. :D

19. Astro101

Astro101 Member

I use Axe body wash and the spray. The spray mostly because it's cheap and I don't want to spend money on better stuff.

20. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

eh. I'll buy a speed stick over this stuff.

and wear my Dulce and Gabana.