1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Now it's a PROBLEM?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hlmbasketball, Nov 13, 2022.

1. MystikArkitect

I swear Russell Westbrook and even Harden/Luka have bent statistics to make players look a certain way to box score watchers. What are his points, rebounds and assists and his +/- is all they look at. Russ even fabricated an entire MVP campaign off of finessing voters into voting for him because he averaged an arbitrary stat that was made up way back when.

If you take Alex Caruso or Davion Mitchell and put him in place of Kevin Porter Jr, this team would probably increase it's season long win total by more than 10. They don't average what he does and don't need to. They just do the right thing when required. KPJ is just the PG version of a certain other player that was here last year that also averaged decent numbers because *someone* had to.

KPJ is Danuel House/JR Smith. Except someone was stupid enough to trust him with an entire offense. I remember back when we tried to turn Ariza into T-mac.

clutchdabear and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

Since OP loves simple raw totals so much and actually thinks that's a smart way to compare players, then how about this?

KPJ currently leads the league in total turnovers at 53. And what does he do to counteract that? A measly 6 assists and an inefficient 19 points?

they said a lot of players could average 36 like Harden if given the shots and usage which was bullsh*t, but I know for sure a ton of players could average 19 points if they had the ball as much as KPJ and took 16 shots a game

clutchdabear and TheRealist137 like this.
  3. RocketsDraftTV

4. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

How else do you assess where a player is, in comparison to their predecessor? You go by the stats, be it simple or advance. I chose to use simple so you can understand.

And to me Harden had time to grow into the PG position, whereas he came off the bench in OKC and was not looked upon to carry the Thunder. Whereas, KPJ was given the keys IMMEDIATELY.

We don't know what KPJ's ceiling is but what we know now is; he can score, he can playmake, he's athletic, he's 22yrs old and he's going into his 2nd yr of playing PG. And the only down side I see is his turnovers!

I guess its SIMPLY not good enough that since he's 13 games into yr two of playing the PG position, that he needs time.

GIVE THE KID TIME

jiggyfly likes this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

what u chose was embarrassing…I’m sorry, there’s no other way to put it

it’s clear u have no idea what turnover rate is, and it’s clear u can’t grasp the concept of doing other extremely positive things that minimize a negative

people really need to stop it with this “it’s only his 2nd year playing PG” coping mechanism…name this abundance of players who were successfully turned into PG’s only after they entered the league, especially when they have low BBIQ like KPJ

clutchdabear likes this.
  6. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Dennis Johnson, Antonio Daniels, and Chauncey Billups are a few players who were not natural PGs and similarly to KPJ they struggled initially but eventually turned it around.

Not for sure if you know any of those players but all three were traded several times before they won Championships with their teams. I think it's clear on this site, who has played on the court and who has played on their computers.

Basketball takes time!

jiggyfly likes this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

it’s definitely clear, that’s why stat geeks like u who don’t even know how to use them should stop making threads

“basketball takes time”….how profound

u sound like a simpleton

riko likes this.
  8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Antonio Daniels, a career 8PPG 4APG player, is an example of a guy that "turned it around?"

9. riko

riko Member

You can’t comprehend that harden was a billion times better at playmaking and most of his turnovers from being creative where as KPJ is just careless then yeah you are a simpleton

clutchdabear likes this.
  10. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

You must be Reeko's backup? He needs help. But since you entered this conversation, Antonio Daniels at one point was a STRUGGLING player, a twinner, after years in the league, he found his footing a defensive player and backup (similar to you) onto the Spurs and won a Championship.

jiggyfly likes this.
  11. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

You go by that SINGLE stat that happens to be comparable between the two players and ignore everything else.

Yeah, you did choose to use simple. You are simple.

clutchdabear likes this.
  12. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

A BILLION times? You sound simple.

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Can you get ratio'd in a thread? OP got ratio'd to oblivion by the second post. lul

14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Your history needs work. Daniels won a championship in his second year in the league with the Spurs. He "struggled" for a grand total of 1 year according to you.

15. Mister Beard

Mister Beard Member

This proves OP is not very smart now, isn't it?

16. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

You are correct, I was recalling players similar to KPJ off the top of my head that I knew of. I noticed you didnt say anything about DJ and Mr. Big Shot.

#96 hlmbasketball, Nov 14, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2022
  17. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

What was Harden's turnover rates during his tenure in Houston?

18. riko

riko Member

Yes a billion times. A guy who is regarded as one of the greatest combo guards to ever play because his playmaking was/ is historically great

19. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Literally already gave you that information 2-3 times in this thread and instead of realizing the mistake of the point you were trying to make in your OP you have quadruple-downed.

So many people have pointed out your error and you still refuse to see it.

TheJet likes this.
  20. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I agree Harden is great but a BILLION times sounds like something a toddler would say....simplistic.

#100 hlmbasketball, Nov 14, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2022