1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFC Championship: Minnesota Vikings vs. New Orleans Saints

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Lil Pun, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Reggie Bush is obviously better than Mario Williams or Vince Young. He just lead the Saints to the Super Bowl! The guy is a winner at every level.

The Texans really blew that pick.

2. RocketMania1991

I luv sarcasm

3. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

The "elements" of Miami, FL? Not that intimidating.

4. Major

Major Member

Vernon Davis just led the NFL in receiving TD's. He also had more receiving yards and TDs than Bush had total yards and total TDs. D'Brickashaw Ferguson anchors the o-line of one of the best rushing teams in football.

5. Shaud

Shaud Member

As a Falcons fan I don't know how much I can take seeing the Saints win a Super Bowl :(

6. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Great game, I was glad NO won, just because didnt want to hear all 2 weeks about Favre vs Manning, the old attention w****.

Favre didnt got hurt too much it was just something for the media, to talk about how he was so hurt but return to play and lead to the SB.
    the refs caring a lot to brett favre, I never had seen a ref helping a player getting his shoulders into his jersey, until a ref did it on favre, and that roughing the passer, was a bad call.

and favre again throwing an int in the last play of him in an NFC championship FAIL!

I want know to hear about AP is the best rb in the league, he is not I prefer chris johnson and stephen jackson and maybe maurice jone drew over AP.

and reggie bush is not better than mario williams, he is just in a better team, he had one good game last game, but thats it, Im glad that the texans didnt pick him.

7. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

He had 1 good game. Take a deep breath.
    How many pro-bowls has Bush been to ? Mario should be going to his third this season since he was snubbed in 2007.

He was FIRST-team all-pro in 2007 & 2008. Case closed. You lose.

8. Chamillionaire

good game, a lot of turnovers. saints didn't bring their A game tonight, if they do, they can beat the colts, but highly unlikely. if it's a shootout, it'll be one hell of a game with the team with the ball last winning.

9. Chamillionaire

reggie bush hasn't impressed me, he did against the cardinals, but then again it was the cardinals. mario has pretty much been consistent, consistently average. it probably wasn't the best year for us to have the 1st pick, still better than the david carr pick. :(

10. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

How does being the d linemen of the yr in 07, a two time pro-bowler & first team all-pro make him consistently average?

Like I mentioned, this should be his third pro-bowl. He has only been in the league for 4 years.

#570 sammy, Jan 25, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2010
  11. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

We'll see just how good the Saints think Reggie when they release/trade/restructure him this offseason. No way they are going to pay him a base of $8 million (13.5 million total) next year. That would be almost as much as they are paying Brees.

12. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

reggie bush is a role player. What's with the debate?

as for the game. Vikes gave this one away and NO took the gift. NO seems to have the mojo for winning close games.

Should be a heck of a game against the colts.

13. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

woohoodat!

14. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

A friend just texted me this:

Farve on the ground, Farve on the ground looking like a mat with his back on the ground. *Helmet turned sideways, teeth falling out, looking like a rag doll with his back on the ground.*

I lol'd.

15. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

16. oomp

oomp Contributing Member