1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NCAA Football] Nov. 23 Polls & BCS Rankings

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by King of 40 Acres, Nov 23, 2008.

1. Fatty FatBastard

No. It is correct. Tech is still #2.

2. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

I think they are updating it as we speak.

3. Anticope

Anticope Member

4. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

It will be revealed live on FOX after the NFL games during their post-game show "The OT".

5. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

Sorry for the double post - Texas is no. 2 in the new BCS!

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Texas at number 2, but I think OU overtakes them if they beat OSU and Mizzou.

DD

7. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

Don't agree with Utah being above Tech in the BCS but that's what'll happen with a weak OOC schedule.

An OU loss helps out both Tech and UT this week. It almost ensures UT a trip to the MNC game and gives Tech a B12 Championship opportunity for a trip to the Fiesta Bowl (likely against Utah or USC).

8. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

If UT is #2 next week after OU beats OSU. They face mizzou right?

9. firecat

firecat Contributing Member

If Texas stays at #2 after OSU, Oklahoma won't get to play Mizzou. We just have to hope that the Aggies don't bring us down.

10. DaDakota

True, but it is like .008 points difference, and OU will get a boost from playing OSU, while Texas plays a lousy A&M team.

Gonna be close.

DD

11. gucci888

Correct.

As I predicted, it looks like its going to come down to the human votes. Even though UT is #2, the ratings are a wash (.08) and as much as I hate to admit it, I don't see us holding onto #2 if OU beats Ok. St. next week.

12. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Why is that? I don't understand so please help me out. Are you saying if OU beats OSU then their lead on Texas in the human polls will increase? i thought UT had the advantage in the computers either way.

13. Fatty FatBastard

DD doesn't get it.

He never has.

14. DaDakota

My wife agrees with you.

;)

I am saying that I think OU will pass Texas unless the human polls tighten a bit.

Texas has been held up because of their computer ranking, but now OU has closed the BCS gap to only .08, so the computers will adjust OUs ranking a bit up next week if they beat OSU, and UT's ranking down if they beat A&M...because the strength of schedule for OU will go up, while UTs will go down.

Unless, some of the OU teams they played lose and all the UT teams they played win.

It is going to be VERY close...Mack needs to get out there and whine a bit about OU being ranked above them when UT beat them on nuetral ground...try to make up some ground in the human polls.

Also, OU winning at OKSU is a quality win unlike any that UT or TT have on their resume.

DD

15. gucci888

UT does have the advantage in the computer rankings, but it's a .008 lead and an OU win over #13 is likely to boost them over UT. Also, I think OU now leads UT in the human polls, I really don't see that changing unless OU looks like absolute crap vs. Ok. St. and UT looks spectacular.

The door is still somewhat open for UT, but I'm not counting on a .008 computer ranking to hold up.

16. DaDakota

I think the best case scenarios for UT are:

1. OU and TT lose to OKSU and Baylor respectively.

2. OU loses, and TT wins and loses to Mizzou in the Big 12 CG

3. OU loses, TT wins and beats Mizzou (UT still goes I think based on TT falling so far in the rankings).

4. OU wins, TT wins, UT wins.....but UT holds on in the BCS

Those are the 4 scenarios I could see UT getting to the BCS title game......I think number 3 is the most likely, and I could see Tech fan blowing a gasket, but still not being able to catch UT in the BCS rankings.

If I had to guess, number 3 is the best guess I got for UT getting to the NC game.....but I don't think OU is going to lose.

DD

#76 DaDakota, Nov 23, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2008
  17. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Whats the spread on the UT/ATM game that seems like a pretty safe bet.
    I'm predicting UT puts up a good 65 points stye points style points might make the difference...

18. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

I want 100.

19. DaDakota

I am not sure that will be enough if OU wins at Stillwater, that is a quality victory for OU...

I think Mack is going to get a little come uppance from the whining to bypass Cal a couple of years ago.

DD

20. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Why would a win over OSU boost them over UT, when UT beat the same team? OU won't have a win against a team ranked as high as OU, right? Aren't the final SOS numbers computed by rankings at the end of the year?