1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Live 2005 Player Ratings

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by bob718, Sep 22, 2004.

1. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

No; they do like it better. More detail-specific gamers (such as those that do it for a living) are likely to do so.

That's my point. The game market encompasses a much bigger audience these days. And some prefer the other game style. In any case, if the quality was that much greater, or that obvious, the scores would be much greater than an average of 3-6 percentage points.

Anyhow...interesting point on Live/2K5. I learned today that some gamestores in Houston area are going to get sameday shipments on NBA Live...meaning they'll have it on the ship day instead of the day after. (Which is usually not the case; its only done for big releases).

ESPN, however, will not. Most stores won't get it until wednesday. It's been decided it's not as big a release...and it's 20 bucks. Which drops it's priority.

A shame for those of us that wanted to try both on the spot. :(

2. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

I don't know about Houston, but I've seen that some stores either already have it and will sell it tomorrow, or they'll get it tomorrow and sell it then. I'm not sure where these stores are located though or how many there are that are doing this.

3. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

This is all I wanted to know. A descriptor for each game. Then it comes down to a choice. So, the "supeiror" is subjective.

4. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

not necessarily, guards are more often more talented than bigs.

kobe is more talented than shaq, yet shaq is just dominant.

5. MrRolo

MrRolo Contributing Member

okay, lets do a real life comparison. Who would have a better rebound rating, steve francis or mo taylor? Although SF is a PG he is a strong gifted PG who can rebound and do things the average PG can't do as well or easily as he does. So he would have a higher rating than some PGs who are better at playing the point gaurd position. I think the rating system is fine but I think live and other games should incorporate height and maybe even other ratings into how it uses the ratings. Like the Blocking rating.. if a player is rated at 72 at blocking but is 6'4" with a jump rating of 45... he shouldnt be able to block better than the player who is 2 inches taller with a lesser block rating and similar jumping abilities because the physical attribute gives him the edge. Yao ming shouldn't have a real high Block rating because he doesn't seem to be that good at blocking, his size and length give him the advantage.. He will find out how good of a blocker he is playing against Mutumbo this season. But anyway im starting to ramble. Ratings dont make or break a player but it just gives you a idea of how that person CAN perform in a perfect world. But thanks to the other team basketball games are never perfect worlds unless you are just practicing, but even then you have an enemy... yourself :eek: lol