1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

my hair is on fire!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by thegary, Mar 19, 2022.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What statements and what context were those statements made? You're the one who frequently argues for context yet you're seem so certain about it.
    Not if there was strong evidence from others including Democratic senators that there was a reason for Trump to do so. Trump did a lot of self-serving things. That didn't make them always wrong.

Can you address now that many other countries and Republican prosecutors wanted the prosecutor removed and that the prosecutor was removred because he wasn't investigating Burisma like he should've been.
    Intelligance officials that were part of the rival administration. That said I will agree they jumped to conclusions that shouldn't have been made.
    Many members of the media did report on the story also. How would we be discussing it if it wasn't reported. Further the NYT and some other sources did backtrack themselves on the story. It's always an easy out to blame the media. The media isn't a monolith.
    And many posters have been asking for bans for exposing info about Stone and many members of the Rockets. There's been some raging debates in the GARM on reporting about the Rockets. I guess the Clutchfans is a hotbed of collusion.
    You've made some very broad defenses of Derek Chauvin, the Jan. 6 insurrectionist and such that haven't been supported legally. Are you willing to apply such high standards of proof to Hunter Biden?

That said I've said I would support a special counsel investigation into this issue and acknowledge there is a lot of smoke around it.

There is much more about the Kushner story particularly regarding that he held an official Administration position that was specifically tasked with dealing with countries that he is now benefitting from. Hunter Biden never held an official post in either the Obama Admin. or the Biden Admin. You're pretty much makign my point though how much you're downplaying by saying not much to talk about the regarding Kushner to focus on Hunter Biden.

To be fair I did take a look at a recent post you made on Jared Kushner and you do acknowledge that Kushner was making money because of being married to Trump's daughter (you seem to forget he also was lead diplomat with the power to actually make policy changes unlike Hunter Biden).
    You show a big nonchalance though regarding that:
    https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/...e-for-him-again.312084/page-128#post-14463269
    Yet you seem to care a lot about Hunter Biden who isn't and has never been in a presidential adminstration nor had the power to make policy changes.

#641 rocketsjudoka, Jan 27, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2023
    Rileydog likes this.
  2. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

They were made in emails to Hunter Biden from the entities in question as discovered on his laptop. That should have been rather obvious.
    Do you have any examples of you or any other D voters that supported Trump or people under him pushing for the removal of a prosecutor in a foreign jurisdiction that was investigating an entity that employed one of his children at a 7 figure income, or are you just saying that of course you would have done so?
    Do you not see the political implications of what they did? Is it just a minor whoopsee?
    Is there any media that wasn't dismissed as "right-wing" that gave credence to the story that Hunter Biden was selling access to the White House? Yes, the media is not a monolith. Do you deny there are people that won't believe a story from the NY Post or WSJ that would believe the same story on the NY Times or NPR? If not, then isn't that a huge problem?
    If Clutch bans a poster at the request of the Rockets because they have posted something true related to Stone and his dealings, then yes, he is absolutely colluding with the Rockets. Is that no obvious.
    I would say that I have applied the same standards of evidence to Chauvin and Babbitt that I have applied to Biden.
    Great. I would say there is more than smoke, but yes it should be investigated by someone who has adverse interests to Biden.
    Is it okay to sell access if you don't have an official title? Isn't it worse if someone outside government oversight does it?
    Whatever the connection, Kushner trading on the power of the United States government is bad.
    You seem to care an awful lot about formalism. Is it somehow better if someone with no formal government post takes money and passes it along to the Vice President than if someone with the title of Senior Advisor takes a promise of future money to make a recommendation to the President?

3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And the context of those emails? Further it's not a crime for a son to give money to his parents for a variety of reasons. I recently gave money to my mom because we have some real estate business and she is an investor in my company so she get's a profit check from me.
    I don't know of an explicit example that matches that but I have complimented Trump on issues before. Just recently I again complimented on his ability to work with Democrats on getting the criminal justice reform bill passed. Even though given his history of shady behavior and that several of his associates have been convicted and jailed that very well could be self serving.

To perhaps give a somewhat similar example I think the peace deal between Israel and the UAE was an overall good thing even though it was part of Jared Kushner's diplomatic portfoli and as noted he is benefiting greatly from the UAE.
    Sure there are political implications to what they said. I doubt it makes much of a difference in the election as the Trump camp and others were already pushing the Hunter Biden story as much as possible.
    Aand we have on record several posters even here saying they don't believe the NY Times and NPR. That doesn't change that it was reported by media. NOt all media certainly but we couldn't have the discussion if it did. Further as stated above I find it doubtful that even if those intelligence officials and the NYT had reported on it it would've made the difference to swing the election. There were so many other issues and by election time views regarding Trump and Biden were pretty hardened.
    So clutchfans is a hotbed of collusion. Actually there has been criticism of Clutch for similar things. I don't know if those were substantiated but I know Clutch has asked people to be much more careful about what they post.
    Yeah I reread the thread on the Chauvin's murder trial last night and not really. You give every possible benefit of the doubt to Chauvin whereas you're painting the actions of Hunter and Joe Biden in the worst possible light.
    Why adverse? Why not just independent? I mean do you feel that Garland shouldn't be appointing Republicans to investigate Trump?
    First off it's not been proven that Hunter Biden did actually sell access. I mean are there records regarding meetings and was any policy actually changed based upon anything Hunter Biden did?

Second yes formalism does matter when it translates to actual power. Hunter Biden didn't have a position in the WH. He couldn't just bring people to the WH and he couldn't change policy. Jared Kushner could and did actually change policy. He was involved directly and formally in policy such as selling weapons to Saudi Arabia that many opposed and also in negotiations between the UAE and Qatar. Those were things that are actually documented. There is no official record of Hunter Biden changing or having a hand in any policies of the Obama or current Biden Administrations.

In the Ashli Babbit case you made an argument regarding the LEO who shot Babbit based on his position as LEO. That he should've taken more care to assess the situation. That is a reasonable argument. (oddly enough you don't make that argument for Chauvin). You obviously understand that formalism when it is an actual position of power does make a difference. Yet you're arguing against it now.

Rileydog and FranchiseBlade like this.
  4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Sorry I asked for this and then disappeared. Been distracted. But I don't want to try to rebut anyway. I was just interested in what you found compelling that I apparently did not. It might be my media bubble doing a poor job of educating me or a good job of bamboozling me, I don't know. So, to comment but not rebut:

1. I went into it before in the right wing blogosphere to see if I could understand what those 'favors' were and I still don't. Legit business or influence peddling, I can't tell. He seems to have made intros to Joe Biden, but that isn't necessarily corrupt either. Hunter Biden was working with people who would also be interesting to Joe Biden doing the nation's business. So, maybe something worth having the FBI investigate, but I don't see that it is so obvious as others seem to think it is.

2. Again, I'm not real clear on what the monies are going to the big guy and why. Still waiting for some outlet to explain succinctly because it seems like that would be low hanging fruit. I do agree with the assumption that the big guy is Joe Biden.

4. Hunter Biden has prior experience with corporate governance and had worked with them already on corporate governance issues. I know something now about Boards and I know industry knowledge isnt always a prerequisite. This seems to be a frequent argument, but actually doesn't trouble me at all. In their position, Hunter seems like just the kind of guy Burisma would want - Western, well-connected, lawyer, international experience, expertise in corporate governance.

5. This argument also falls flat for me because when they called the laptop disinformation, they said in that same letter that the contents might be genuine but that it was being strategically released to impact the election. Candidates might do that as an October Surprise, but so might Russian operatives. And they probably doubted the campaign would just luck into this laptop. Maybe they did lick into it. But in any case, the genuineness of the laptop never had anything to do with the disinformation criticism. But people gloss over that. In any case, from here on down, we are past the scope of any Biden corruption, unless you want to also believe that Biden ordered all these people to call it disinformation and to bury the media story.

6. Were media falsehoods intentional or mistaken? Probably there was a lot of willful ignorance as they pushed their angle, but again it seems too farfetched to think their biased reporting was really part of Hunter's conspiracy.

7. And again, maybe something not good about social media suppression of the story but beyond the scope of actual Biden corruption unless you think this was him covering it up. I think the likelier story is that social media companies saw this would influence the election and it might be just Trump's October Surprise, but they'd catch hell if it turned out to be actual Russians and they made the profit-maximizing decision to treat it as suspicious. Maybe not good, but not corrupt.

So looking again thru your helpful framework, short version, I'd like a lot more clarity on payments to Hunter from whom and why. The rest of the stuff about disinformation is also important in a general way but it only obfuscates the accusation of official corruption. If there was a credible accusation that money was being funneled to Joe Biden thru his son for political favors, I wish someone would just spell that out without these other adornments.

5. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

tinman likes this.
  6. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I need to eat some crow.

I thought Hunter was just a big dope but if you read his emails from 2014, you learn that he is much more eloquent and tuned in with foreign affairs than the media would lead you to believe. Maybe I should give his artwork a second chance as well.

7. CCorn

CCorn Member

Hunter Biden started COVID. That jerk.

dmoneybangbang and ROCKSS like this.
  8. basso

Supporting Member

9. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

Yep. I saw the movie. Nick Cage transported it by plane from Ukraine to a secure lab in China. John Malkovich (COVID the Virus) broke it out of the lab in China and released it to the world.

10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Metabiota is a tech startup that has one primary product which is software that runs analytical predictive scenarios. They got their funding from equity investors like Hunter Biden because they found a niche in being able to detect infectious disease outbreaks and they sold that data.

This isn’t freaking Abbott or Ecolab we are talking about. This misinformation you are spreading is pretty clear to see. Only idiots on the right will be dumb enough to believe Hunter Biden and Fauci were in a lab somewhere creating a super virus for the Chinese government or whatever crockpot conspiracy theory you are shipping.

Oh I wasn’t insinuating that!! How dare you!!

… Yeah you are or at least Laura Logan is and you are trafficking her propaganda. Hunter Biden is guilty of being an equity shark yes… but he’s not the global James Bond villain you guys sell him as. The obsession is bizarre.

Xopher and FranchiseBlade like this.
  12. basso

Supporting Member

where did hunter raise the equity to invest?

13. basso

Supporting Member

14. dobro1229

Do you seriously have no idea what an Equity firm is?? Please tell me you do know this and this is just a brain fog moment?

Rileydog likes this.
  15. dobro1229

This is one of those made up revelations you MAGA conspiracy theory guys love to throw out there. NOBODY was arguing that is wasn't his laptop or that these weren't his files.

The questions that were always raised were the issues with the data on the laptop or what was pulled from the laptop being reverse laundered via bad actors. Since the information had been passed through so many bad actors such as Rudy Giuliani who got it from who knows where in between the repair man, and Rudy, and who Rudy gave it to that it passed through before it got to law enforcement, there is reason to be skeptical that whatever was on it, had been tainted.

Of course the FBI has the ability to dissect what is originally from the source, and what was scrubbed, planted, etc. which is why we have to wait on what the DOJ is ultimately going to charge or decline to charge from the data they have if there is evidence of a crime.

But acting like you guys just blew the roof off the case because Hunter Biden revealed it was at some point in time, his laptop and his data... that's not the revelation you guys think it is.

16. basso

Supporting Member

I think you're just unwilling to admit the obvious.

17. basso

Supporting Member

in fact, EVERYONE was saying the laptop was Russian disinformation.

18. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Not after the election. That revelation had to wait until we chose a president.

blue_eyed_devil likes this.
  19. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

Kind of like the revelation that Comey didn't find anything else relating to Hillary when he decided to reopen the investigation 11 days before the 2016 election?

20. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Or the revelation that the steele dossier was bogus or the revelation of discovered biden classified docs before the midterms.

basso likes this.