1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Biden is no joke; will vote for him again

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, Jul 2, 2021.

1. astros123

astros123 Member

It's the utter Hypocrisy that shows. When folks asked for trump to release his visitor logs of maralargo the right wing claimed it was his personal house and we had no business asking for records. These same folks are crying about biden not having same logs. It's all a bunch of bullshit for ratings. It's why the average American is sick of politics.

I've said this all along. Voters should decide on 24 and not no arbitrary judge or jury. Trump needs to be defeated on the ballot box come 2024. He'll easily win the ticket again nd needs to be defeated the proper way.

Just this past year alone biden has hosted:

2 NATO summits
    G20 summit
    G7 SUMMIT
    America's summit
    Africa summit (first time in 6 years)
    First ever indo pacific summit
    aukus summit

Hes hosted more summits with global leaders than any other president in decades. Not one person has ever said biden was incapable of leading the meetings no matter what your bs conspiracies claim. America is leading the world in the diplomacy.

What's funny however was Trump thinking a dead hugo Chavez rigged the 2020 election?

https://www.thedailybeast.com/heres...3-became-responsible-for-trumps-election-loss

God I love laughing at you folks.

#2541 astros123, Jan 16, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2023
  2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You're making a political argument not an argument on principle. So what if they can be politically weaponized against them. If they did everything ethically and transparently it would be less likely that what they can do is used against them.

This is exactly the type of thinking that breeds such cynicism about politics. Where people defend politicians by saying that things they do can be used them politicaly. In other words we don't need politicians to be transparent so they can keep on winning elections.

And this is why we have people like George Santos getting elected. It's just blind trust rather than expecting for transparency and accountability.

#2542 rocketsjudoka, Jan 16, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2023
  3. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Jared Kushner's investment firm is managing a two billion dollar investment for the Saudis. He wasn't paid two billion dollars. He can expect to rake in about 25 million in management fees per year though, which is nothing to sneeze at.

Nook, JuanValdez and AroundTheWorld like this.
  4. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Biden didn't say they should be stored there but he was trying to play it off that his garage is secured because he locks his corvette in there. I think by now we should know that doesn't qualify as a secured storage facility for classified documents.
    I have a real ax to dig against all politicians regarding handling classified material or just taking them at their word.
    This very well might be an innocent mistake. That said sloppiness isn't something we should just dismiss when it comes to such a high level of trust. Nor should we just take people in these positions at their words. That's again why I fully support Garland appointing a special counsel to look into it. Hur could very well exonerate Biden.
    The claim is that the documents are secure because the box is sealed. That isn't a guarantee that the box they are in hadn't been accessed and resealed.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  5. astros123

astros123 Member

Funny how you forget to add the part *kusher has had ZERO history managing money* and has NEVER ran a hedge fund or has managed others money. The SAUDI GOVERNMENT accounting division said it was a huge waste of money and was literally a bribe.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/04/10/us/jared-kushner-saudi-investment-fund.html

You folks worship conmen who commit fraud in the open while the right wing ecosystem has you folks chasing conspiracies about hunter biden. It's so funny you have no idea how much joy I get from laughing.

*Again bidens handling of the classified docs was messy and he should've been better about it. At the same time there was nothing illegal about it and he should be more careful next time.

jiggyfly likes this.
  6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

‘Morning Joe’ blasts Biden’s ‘stumbling and bumbling’ classified docs response

https://nypost.com/2023/01/16/morni...mbling-and-bumbling-classified-docs-response/

excerpt:

If Biden’s lost Scarborough …

MSNBC’s White House-friendly “Morning Joe” program tore into the administration’s “stumbling and bumbling” response to the classified documents debacle Monday, following the weekend revelation that more sensitive records were found at the president’s Delaware home.

“By stumbling and bumbling around, by not getting their timeline right … we just showed a graphic that says an unknown number of documents found in Biden’s garage,” said co-host Joe Scarborough, a former Republican congressman. “No more unknown. No more unknown.

“At this stage, we’re two months in. They need to clean this up … amateur hour is over, they need complete transparency and they just mishandled it from day one,” he added.
    more at the link

Nook and AroundTheWorld like this.
  7. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I saw that episode and for those who would rather see it directly here is the segment.

I agree with Joe Scaraborough on this and again why said that an independent investigation is what is needed. This might even end up helping Biden if it does show that there was no negligence.

Just to add Scaraborough does note the differences between this situation and Trump's. He mainly criticizes Biden on his poor handling of the politics of this.

Also to note this isn't the first time Joe Scaraborough has criticized Biden. He criticized Biden on the withdrawl from Afghanistan and he's criticized Biden regarding the size of the Biden's COVID bill. Anyway interesting to note how suddenly all those criticizing the MSM, the DOJ and etc are suddenly citing them.

jiggyfly likes this.
  8. StupidMoniker

I didn't say anything about Kushner's qualifications or whether it was wise for the Saudis to place huge sums under his management. I don't really care what they do with their money, nor how much Kushner succeeds or fails. The fact is that you were either lying or ignorant when you said he was given two billion dollars. He was not. He manages two billion dollars, and gets paid huge amounts to do so (just like Hunter Biden with Burisma and the Chinese, although Kushner seemingly makes more). At least Trump is out of office while Kushner is getting this money, instead of vice president. It seems to me both Hunter and Jared were essentially getting paid for access to the white house, once again proving both parties are garbage and corrupt and that people shouldn't vote for either of them.

I would note that Kushner has been handling other people's money in real estate investing for nearly 20 years, so I don't think your statement about his experience is correct. That doesn't really matter, because clearly he got this deal because he is married to Trump's daughter, not because he is some financial guru that is the best person with whom to invest.

9. astros123

astros123 Member

Jared kusher was on the damn national security council and making policy decisions. What the hell are you talking about? You seriously comparing hunter biden who had ZERO role in the white house or evidence that he influenced white policy. You're spewing bullshit conspiracies.

Jared kusher was in charge of policy decisions of saudi and what weapons we would supply them in terms of Yemen. That's nothing similar of some bullshit hunter biden bs. Get a grip

superfob, Andre0087, Xopher and 2 others like this.
  10. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Jared Kushner was also essentially the lead diplomat to the UAE and other Middle East countries. He was instrumental to several policies that benefitted the UAE and Saudi Arabia. His role is very different than Hunter Biden who has no official role, and doesn't appear to have an unofficial role in the Biden Admin.

Andre0087 and Xopher like this.
  11. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I "scream" about Pelosi because people defend her that are in "my side". No one I generally agree with in political issues likes Ivanka. Obviously the Trump family are grifters to an absurd level while also pandering to fascists. They are significantly worse than Pelosi by miles.

Xopher likes this.
  13. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

Hey man, you are consistent. That's all i care about.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Once again you are interpreting what he says through your own bias and nobody is dismissing anything, but this is also not something to be up in arms about, and it's playing out great for Democrats because it's just showing again how hypocritical Republicans are.

Nobody claimed the documents were actually secure, he just stated that unlike with Trump who had them in an office or a room that anybody visited Maro Lago could access, these were actually in a locked space.

Why don't we wait for what the special counsel reports before we grind any axes.

15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Can't wait to see how Stupid moves the goalpost on this.

16. StupidMoniker

There is fairly substantial evidence that Hunter was selling influence, seeing as he was getting millions of dollars from people who then immediately thanked him for access to the vice president and that in his own words he was paying half his money to "Dad". Not to mention that there was 10% set aside in his deal for "the Big Guy". Keep believing that only one party is corrupt if you want, it is just very naive.
    What's to move? I already said he was corrupt and it appears he was selling access to the White House. It isn't my fault that @astros123 doesn't know the difference between giving someone two billion dollars and paying someone to manage two billion dollars.

17. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I care less about how it plays out politically than that we should respect the principle. If we consider handling classified material to be important then it should be important no matter who is in office.

As far as bias, yes I will admit I've never liked Joe Biden's personality. My bias aside though we can agree that a garage isn't the proper place to store classified material?
    Yes at the moment it does appear that Mar-A-Lago was less secure than the Biden's garage. That doesn't make it OK and we don't really know yet who may or may not have had access to that garage. It was a glib and yet another hokey comment for Biden to make. It rightfully is being ridiculed and criticized.
    I've not said Biden is guilty or that he should be impeached or anything of the sort. So far it appears that Biden is doing the right thing. This again though comes to a matter of trust and principle. I'm not going to take Biden at his word that because they were locked with his corvette that means it's not a big deal. Biden himself said a few months ago it was unthinkable how anyone could be so careless with classified material.

18. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It is possible but there is a very key piece missing from the influence angle. What policies did Biden enact or was he even able to enact at the time? Access might be one thing, but what policies were enacted as a result?

For the record we still don't know to what point access was granted for financial favors etc. Thanking someone for an introduction isn't damning evidence.

But, I agree it warrants further preliminary investigation.

rocketsjudoka likes this.
  19. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Certainly Hunter Biden was capitalizing on his family name. There is no solid evidence though that any policies or access to the then VP came out of that. The 10% for the "big guy" has not been determined who that is and it's just speculation that it was JOe Biden.

I won't speak for other posters but given that I've just been accused of being biased against Biden and having an axe to grind I'm certainly not doing defending Joe Biden out of partisanship. Noting that while yes Hunter Biden certainly acted unethically it doesn't appear that he was given the access to the White House or Administration in anything comparable to Jared Kushner. In fact there is also statements from Joe Biden telling Hunter Biden he needs to get help for his many problems.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  20. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

It's a disservice to judge the politics of something this serious. Political reality shows. That's one thing I criticize the MSM for. All these shows with their political opinions generally suck. But then, I can't blame them too much. American would be bored to death talking about the actual details of anything instead of the exciting political hot takes and reactions.

Not at all unexpected. You see it in other areas too. Eg. The CDC data can't be trusted followed by CDC public data said this.

Astrodome likes this.