1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

most disliked rocket of all time...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LFE171, Oct 27, 2006.

1. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Pippen is by far the most disliked of all time for me ... I can't think of anyone that comes even close for 2nd

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The conflicts between Clyde and Charles were way overhyped, and didn't amount to much.

They had disagreements and some personality clashes, but they were never a huge ongoing hatred, rather several flare-ups inbetween various periods of ignoring one another, friendship, and the range in between.

Remember when Barkley threw the guy through the window, he was out that night with none other than Clyde Drexler. This was during the time they supposedly had a bitter feud going on. Clyde who wasn't really one for the spotlight didn't mind having Barkley deflect the media glare away from him.

What caused some of the tension was that there lockers were close and Barkley sometimes used Clyde in his banter with the media.

They weren't the best of friends, and there were flare-ups, but it was never something that got in the way, or caused a larger serious cloud of disharmony to float above the team.

3. Pocket Rockets

drexler retired before pippen came on board with us

4. Pocket Rockets

personally i thought it was john stockton that kept us from going to the finals in 97.

the whole reason we got barkley was because we couldn't get by seattle with the squad we had, and they lost their passion to play at a championship level, so we needed a superstar who still had that hunger in him.

the 98 playoffs, we had a 2-1 series lead on the jazz only to have barkley go down in the 3rd qtr i believe with an injury while ahead by 12-15 pts, only to lose the series in 5 (drexler's last game)
    in 99, shaq had pretty much taken over the reigns as the best center and kobe was just coming about so i wouldn't necessarily blame barkley on that as i would quitten, with his lack of ability to adjust to our system.

barkley is one of my favorite all time rockets and i don't knock him one bit because i don't think we make it as far as we did in 97 without him.

5. jerrios

jerrios Member

Moochie Norris.

i dont understand how people considered him a fan favorite. i also dont understand why anyone liked him. he dribbled side to side and that was about. everyone though francis was bad until moochie got into the game and understood why francis had to stay in.

6. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Your mom, followed by Scottie Pippen

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Pippen (by far)

Riley

Barkley

8. 1Bowler

1Bowler Member

We have Shane Battier to defend now we don't need bowen.

9. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Are you going soft? As Eddie Murphy taught us, it's "what have you done for me lately?". Screw Avery Johnson. He played for both of our rivals and now coaches one of them. Pat Riley was the coach of the Knicks when we beat them in 94. Pat Riley also played for the Lakers for most of his career, then coached them too. He's no Rocket, he's no Rocket at all. Avery and Pat are dead to me(as rockets).

You are clearly taking this respect thing too far. Tim Duncan sucks.

10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I should have said 3rd fiddle. instead of 4th.

11. 1Bowler

1Bowler Member

I just found out a few hours ago that Rybo and Jacobsen got waived.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Vernon Maxwell....right Tinman?

;)

13. The Ming Dynasty

The Ming Dynasty Contributing Member

I'd have to say, I don't HATE any current or former Rockets (Pip'Squeak Never was a Rocket) but one that frustrated the heck out of me was Alan Leavell. The guy couldn't tell the time of day if he was staring at a clock. Seriously, I remember being so frustrated when I was in HS that I wrote a letter to the Post that he should be traded to Italy.

The goofy free throws (which he was actually pretty succesful at) to the ridiculous turn overs. He made VSpan look like an All-Star.

14. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I never liked Rick Barry

15. prisonbreak

prisonbreak Member

Thanks dude! :) Sometimes "cannot fit the style" could be a problem, but "attitude" is more crucial. I basically understand why he could be the mostdisliked guy here. Just hope Bonzi won't be the next Pippen. :cool:

16. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Gotta be that Humpty Hump lookin freak Scottie Quitten....a distant 2nd is Shandon Anderson

17. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Scottie Peepee. Some things will never be forgotten.

18. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

Pippen
    Anderson
    Thats about it...I like my rockets.

19. yaopao

yaopao Contributing Member

You are 100% correct if you mean Barkley destroyed SEA (who we lost to like 14 or 15 times in a row).

We went 47-35 or something like that in 95-96 and lost in the 2nd round. We were slowly crumbling away and the Bulls with MJ were back on the rise. We weren't going to win anything with Mark Bryant as our PF.

It's amazing how ignorant people are about how average we were in 95-96. It's like people think we made the trade right after our 2nd title in 94-95.

20. yaopao

yaopao Contributing Member

I base this on guys who I hated when they played for the Rockets.

1. Mo Taylor- I never liked him from Day 1. Was worthless from Day 1 and then we gave him a Joe Smith-like contract after he originally signed with us "below market value" as a FA in 2000. No one was lazier. It didn't help that he was always busted for pot or injuries and was always 30-40 lbs overweight and had a rebounding phobia.

2. Steve Francis- Decent player with an ego that should only be reserved for a HOF player. The only defense he provided was trying to go for steals 24/7. Maybe the worst PG in NBA history at running a fast break. Most fast breaks resulted in a TO with this guy in charge.

3. Buck Johnson- Was there anything he did well? We played 4-on-5 when he was in the game.

4. Mike James- He played well in spurts, but his inability to defer to T-Mac and Yao pissed me off to no end. If you aren't willing to share the ball with 2 superstars, then you deserve to play for a team like Toronto.