1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

most disliked rocket of all time...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LFE171, Oct 27, 2006.

1. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

You like Pat Riley? How about Avery Johnson? I hate both of them.

2. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

[​IMG]
    Say what?

3. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

4. Nero

Nero Member

There are a few..

Quitten, obviously..

Man-boobs..

One of the guys I look back on with disliek was Buck Johnson.. I guess he wasn't a terrible person or anything, I just couldn't stand how useless he was, and I wanted to tear my own head off every time McCoy McLemore and Bill Worrell would yell, 'The BLADE!' .. *barf*

Vernon was a warrior and all, but I would never invite him into my house, I tell you that for sure.

Stanley Roberts, just because it was such a waste of a huge potentially talented player..

And Cato, because I never saw a lazier, less-motivated player EVER, until the last couple months he played for us. Somehow he finally found a tiny little bit of the spark he should have had all along, and then of course we got rid of him..

5. updawg

updawg Member

No tippin Pippen without a doubt. Just an *******

6. jsb

jsb Contributing Member

There has never been a time where one of the Rox wasn't blamed for everything wrong with the team. Howard and Rybo now, Francis and Cato before, Pippen and Barkley before that, Kenny Smith before that and Allen Leavell before that. Guys are always b@* ching about someone on the team.

7. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

So are some people not likeing Maxwell just because of his attitude?

I certainly like his shut down defense, ability to nail the clutch winning shot, ability to get hot and score at will for stretches and for hitting the nail in the coffin 3 pointer in the fourth quarter against the Knicks in game7 of the Finals.

He was a nutcase...he was an idiot...but I like him as a player.

Only guy I've seen contain Michael Jordan.

8. THEDREAMSHAKE34

Pippen is definitely in a class of his own on this topic, but another player i couldnt stand was Cato. Maybe b'c i was spoiled with hakeem but he just never looked like he was playing his hardest and he flat-out sucked. But i dont know how u can hate on Rybo he at least played hard and did all that he could do, he just didnt have the talent.

9. verse

verse Contributing Member

steve francis...well...no.

damnit.

francis or shandn andersn?

damnit. that's tough.

i'm gonna go with francis because he was the alleged "savior". andersn was just garbage.

10. Stephen1616

Stephen1616 Contributing Member

Wow we must all be alike Scotty Pippen was the 1st I thought of. Then I scrolled down and D@mn. Everyone hated this guy. I didn't care for some players ,but no one is hated more than Pippen.

11. TheHangover

TheHangover Member

After this season, the answer will be a unanimous Tracy McGrady. Please trade him now.

12. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

If it isn't SCOTTY freak'n PIPPEN then you can't call yourself a Rockets fan.

13. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

I don't have a problem with Pat Riley--especially not the player version. And I definitely liked the player Avery Johnson. Geez, I think I even like the coach. Don't get me wrong...I hate the Mavs.. but it's the same way with the Spurs--I hate them, but I think Duncan is awesome..

14. waelhakmeh

waelhakmeh Member

scottie quitten for sure

b*stard

15. zong

zong Member

I would say "Pippen", then Anderson (last year one).

16. zong

zong Member

It is a long story. First he could not fit into the system on the team, finally he asked to be traded. Even if he was in Bulls, he was a bad person.

17. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

With pleasure.

Scotty came to the team, and tried to help get Charles in shape, and said nice things about Rudy. It seemed that any pent up ill will about Pippen refusing to play in a crucial playoff game all because a play was drawn up for Kucoc and not him was an over-reaction.

Then he never really seemed to fit the Rockets syste, and rather than take any responsibility for that himself, he blamed the system. Maybe that could be understandable. It wouldn't be right but it would be understandable.

In the playoffs he completely blows a perfect shot at victory, and rather than accept responsibility he blames Barkley and isn't man enough to accept that as a veteran who was the one directly involved in the key plays that blew the game for us, it was his fault.

He demands a trade. We trade the little baby, and he gets to Portland he claims that he wanted to be traded because he was tired of having to carry the Rockets? He says this when we still had Dream, Drexler, and Barkley. He wasn't carrying anything. He was 4th fiddle. Yet he claims that he had been carrying the team. What an arrogant ass. He never did accept any responsibilty for the team losing. Then he went on to insult Charles and the two traded childish insults at each other through the media.

18. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

at the risk of a flaming (where's tinman? :( )

vernon maxwell.

I could list them, but Im a bit too lazy so I shall allow Wikipedia to do my bidding...

[edit] Behavioral incidents
    1987: Due to NCAA violations, all the points he scored last two seasons in college were eliminated from the record books.
    1994: He was charged with unlawfully carrying a weapon.
    1994: He swung a free weight at the head of his teammate Carl Herrera, who required 30 stiches.
    1995: He took two weeks off from the season for "personal problems", only to admit later that he merely wanted an in-season vacation. The incident was hyped as Maxwell being disgruntled at the team's recent acquisition of Hall-Of-Fame guard Clyde Drexler.
    1995: In a game at Portland, he ran into the stands to punch a fan, later claiming the fan had heckled him over his wife's miscarriage.
    1997: Ordered to pay $592,000 for knowingly infecting a woman with herpes. The plaintiff was awarded a default judgement as Maxwell did not appear in court.
    1999: In Florida, he was arrested for failing to pay $160,000 in child support.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vernon_Maxwell

19. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Kevin Willis

20. Downtown

Downtown Contributing Member

I guess you didn`t watch or listen to any of the games back then, or you would remember the open conflict that got so tense between Barkley and Clyde one night that it spilled onto the airwaves when Gene Peterson was doing a post game interview with Barkley. Hakeem has to step in to play the role of peacemaker. When Barkley first came to the Rockets in 1996, Hakeem`s health was not an issue, at all. He was one season removed from having been Finals MVP(1995) in their second championship and had plenty of juice to take the team to a third trophy. His age and injuries were not a factor until 2000. Clyde, though maybe one step behind still had plenty to contribute. What was missing was the kind of floor command and chemistry that Hakeem exercised to mold his team into back-to-back champions. What kept that from happening was Barkley`s buffoon-like personality and media demanding antics that kept him in the center of things, but completely eclipsed the centrality of Hakeem`s leadership. Whatever the Rockets may have needed back then that led them to trade away the core of their team assets, it turned out it sure wasn`t Barkley, whose childish demand for attention left the Rockets with a sour post championship era that had lost its moorings, and was desperate to rediscover its effectiveness. What is a further tribute to Hakeem and Clyde is that they would win as many games as they did: lost in the 1997 Western Conference Finals and two first round exits in 1998 and 1999, one without Clyde and one with Pippen. Barkley lasted 3 1/3 seasons, finally retiring after injury. The last scene is a once great, but, always self-absorbed talent, now a man in tearful shambles with no ring to his name. Wonder why? Ask anybody that ever played with him if he inspired them to be selfless, team players driven to take it to the next level? The biggest injury was Barkley`s to the heart of the heart of the champions. On a further and final note, except for Rudy T, he has done nothing but diss the Rockets since then...