1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

most disliked rocket of all time...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LFE171, Oct 27, 2006.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Honestly for me it has to be Francis.

2. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Vernon Maxwell..nuf said

Calvin Murphy as an announcer. Not that Clyde is a good announcer, I just found Murph annoying.

I've never really hated Pippen like most Rocket fans.

Shandon Anderson. I just never really got why he was so liked. My hatred for him was based on wanting to see Mobley play more minutes who I thought was a better player and would help the Rockets more. His being an ex-Jazz player helped.

3. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

I neve liked Charles B, he's a loser that just can't lose weight..

4. Danbury

Danbury Member

Matt Maloney, Scottie Pippen, and Eddie Griffon. I know most of you will disagree with me on this one but I never liked Moochie. I liked him as a personality, but hated him as a player. Ryan Bowen tops them all though, the guy has no business being in this league.

On the other hand I'd like to mention some of the non-superstars that are never mentioned in this forum but were some of my personal favorites. Eddie Johnson (Fast Eddie), Chucky Brown (Chuck Hayes of the championship years), and Sleepy Floyd.

5. Danbury

Danbury Member

By the way, who is Two Sandwiches?

6. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

Matt Maloney's contract set us back YEARS!

Alan Levell use to jack up some fonky ass shots in very critical times. He also came on to my wife once when we visited Gallery Furniture...yup he works there. :mad:

7. AggieDentist

AggieDentist Member

Thomas Hamilton, right?

my high school Latin teacher used to joke around that, when we were cycling through big men like Thomas Hamilton and Stanley Roberts, we should've just had them stand in a line in front of the basket and not let anyone through.

8. kevtse

kevtse Member

Strickland

9. AggieDentist

AggieDentist Member

don't let pgabriel find out.

10. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

1. Pippen
    2. Moochie Norris
    3. Juwan

11. Pipe

Pipe Contributing Member

The obvious guys have all been covered.

One Rocket "star" who was disliked by a significant minority of the fans was Ralph (kind of like Franchise being disliked by many). Many fans wanted him to be a traditional low post scorer, and his habit of disappearing on the floor for long stretches fueled questions about his heart. His aloof nature off the court didn't help. FWIW, I was a Ralph fan.

12. Downtown

Downtown Contributing Member

Pippen was never really on board...For me personally it has to be Barkley. He disrupted the Hakeem and Clyde chemistry and lessened the effectiveness of both as both gave up some aspects of their game in order to intergrate Barkley into the over-all flow.

13. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

What about Swift and Anderson?

I actually liked Pippen. He helped us win games.

14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

You don't think their advancing age had anything to do with their reduced effectiveness? Did Barkley cause Olajuwon to get injured? Please.

15. Pocket Rockets

buck johnson anyone?

16. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Scottie Pippen HANDS DOWN

Mo' Taylor

Moochie Norris

17. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

What's with all the hate on Ryan Bowen? :confused:

Ryan Bowen is a Basketball GOD!

18. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Without a doubt, Pat Riley.

19. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I'll put my vote in for Eddie Griffin, Vernon Maxwell, and Scottie Pippen....

Scottie had the type of body language that made you want to put him out of his misery(or us). He had this attitude that made me not want to care and I can only imagine the wonders it worked on the rest of the team - actually, I don't have to image - we sucked that year compared to coming from a championship caliber team the years immediately before.

As for Vernon, there is nothing more frustrating than watching a guy go to battle point for point against Jordan in one game and go 1-30 in the next four. He was like an even more inconsistent John Starks....and lets not even get into the loose cannon aspect of his a career. Maxwell was like the NBA's answer to Bobby Brown.

Eddie Griffin's career is only sad now. He was downright infuriating as a Rocket. How many of you threw your hands up for the tenth time when you heard he fired a shot at his girlfriend? I know I was like, "in the police blotter again?" Every year was suppose to be his "breakout year" and he always gave us at least one monster game right when we were about to give up on him. I hated that guy.

I loved Stevie Franchise. A lot of people hated him but I don't fault him for playing with his heart and going balls out every game. Ya, he tended to get the Rockets in more trouble than help them but for a younger player I expect a certain bit of recklesness/carelesness. I would take him back now even - only at a discount since his career has went down the tubes since he left Houston. I do feel bad for Stevie. He went from being the leader of a team on the rise to playing in two of the worst run franchises in recent memory(Knicks & Magic). Considering he is one of the few players who plays from the heart and loves the game, he didn't deserve that.

There I said it. :p

20. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

Pippen is the only hate.

Everyone else I've liked. I wanted Francis gone, but I liked the guy still.. didn't like his game here, but he was a good guy, no reason to hate.. same with most of the others mentioned