1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Moses Malone dies of apparent heart attack

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The Cat, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

This really is a sad day for me as he came to the Rockets back when I first started following them back in the late 70's as a kid. It tore me up when he left the Rockets to go to the Sixers. I would guess Hakeem probably got hit hard by this.

Houston ended up trading Mo to the Sixers for Caldwell Jones and a pick that ended up being Rodney McCray (and should've been Clyde, dammit! lol).

To this day I've never seen anybody work that hard and sweat so much in the low post. The dude was a beast down low, and he helped train Hakeem to be a great low post player, as well.

2. Granville

Granville Member

One of the best players ever to play in the NBA. Moses was flat out relentless. Thoughts and prayers go out to his loved ones.

3. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Thank you, Moses.

4. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

5. TheresTheDagger

The All Heaven team just got a lot better today.

Rest in Peace big fella.:(

6. rocketsmetalspd

My favorite memories of Moses was his Rockets team beating on the Spurs in a playoff series and his play underneath the boards. A true legend that tutored the Dream on how to play in the NBA. RIP!

7. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

RIP to one of the greatest to play the game. May you Fo Fo Fo ever Rest in Peace.

1 person likes this.
  8. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

RIP Moses Malone.

9. NicktheBrick

NicktheBrick Member

very nice.

10. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

Rest in peace.

11. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

He died at only 60! From what I've also read he's been keeping in great shape and everything.

12. declan32001

declan32001 Member

Very sad. He was so great.

13. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

It's hitting you hard because you are a TRUE Rockets fan!!! Many of us here are old enough to remember him and how he took our team to the 1981 NBA Finals against the mighty Celtics. The team played its heart out and eventually lost in 6 against a team with THREE future HOF's! These memories are etched in every TRUE Rockets fan!

Truly glad you are one of us hp!!!

14. Exiled

Exiled Member

15. edwardc

edwardc Member

R.I.P big Moses Prayers for his family

16. i3artow i3aller

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/niA1HKj2OfQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:(

17. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Wow. I wonder if Hakeem will take this hard.

18. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Barkley too. They were very close.

Points and rebounds are nice, but real legends measure their legacy in the lives that they touch.

19. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Stunned to here this news. Very sad day in Rockets history. Won 2 league MVPs as a Rockets and 3 total. He drug Houston to its very 1st NBA championship series. He was instrumental in Dreams early development.

Just terrible news. RIP Moses.

20. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The bulk of his playing career occurred before I became an avid follower of the NBA, so I missed seeing him in his prime. I remember when I first became interested in the NBA and especially its history, I was just amazed when going back through the historical stats and seeing all the records Moses had. He seemed to me to be an almost mythical figure, like Bill Russell and Wilt Chamberlain. It was always intriguing for me to see him playing in his last years, knowing how dominating a player he had been 10-15 years earlier.

Such a shame to see anyone go before his time, and in this case its particularly heartbreaking that he passed away in a hotel room without his family and friends around him, without a chance to say goodbye.

But, he will always be remembered as one of the greats, arguably the greatest post player of the 80s. Moses Malone, RIP.

1 person likes this.