1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mo Taylor/Kelvin Cato Sighting!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by smackpeddler, Jun 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanTanna

DanTanna Contributing Member

rocketballin,

I don't think we are talkin' beef tips .........

2. dischead

dischead Member

Whats with all these tips?
    We dont do that here in Australia, why dosent your government do somthing about it and make employers give you a decent wage without having to rely on tips?

If I go over there you wont be getting any tips off me.

3. smackpeddler

smackpeddler Member

Then don't come over here unless you want a loogie hawked in your food. That is the way we do things here, respect it or don't come over. If I go to Australia I will respect Australian customs.

4. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

dont australian waiters get paid a pretty good flat wage, like $10/hour or something like that? lots of waiters here in the states would like to have that, rather than making $2.14/hr + tips.

its not the waiters fault that the government allows the restaurant industry to screw over their employees.

and maybe the tip is included in the price of the meal. how much is an eggs over my-hammi platter at denny's in perth?

5. tozai

tozai Member

Did you all know Tiger Woods and MJ don't even tip...sad, huh.

6. Shot caller

Shot caller Member

<b>tozai</b>

I recently heard an interview with two caddies at Olympia Fields who got the suprise pick of MJ and Tiger a couple of weeks before the Open.
    They said the MJ is not that good, that he lost a lot of money to Tiger, and the they tipped $200 and $100 respectively.

And back on topic, the basketball player sightings are going to be a lot different in a couple of years, when we all have camera phones.

7. UHcat

UHcat Member

I heard that this custom was from the old times (very long ago) when the Americans (rich ones or those whites from England) tip alot to their servers trying to show off or something (or just appreciating the service).

8. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

Unless you're a suck-ass waiter (or you work at Denny's or IHOP) you should be making more than ten bucks an hour. My co-workers and I tend to make closer to $15/hour, and it's hard to come by another entry-level job that pays that much.

Oh, also, don't exaggerate. Servers in Texas only make $2.13/hour + tips... ;)

9. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

I tip the standard 15%, but I think waiters tend to get into waay too big of a snit over a bad tip or two.

If you are making $15/hr in an entry-level job, you should be thanking your lucky stars that you have a livable wage and stop cursing the customers that make it possible. The more stories we hear about waiters/cooks doing things to our food, the less we eat out.

Most people with comparable skillsets and job experience make $6-8 / hr. Hell, when I had no skills and just a high school education I was making $5.50 Canadian per hour at a ski resort. And I was thankful for the extra $0.50 I got for working in the ski shop instead of as a liftee.

So someone stiffed you on a tip and you made $12/hr for that hour instead of $15? Wah f**king wah!

That being said? Yeah, they should have tipped at least 10%. Come on guys, you are rich. Help someone who is busting their a** to make a buck out!

10. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I gotta address some things in this thread.

I don't know if this story is true or not, but I don't know why somebody would make it up.

I don't see how anybody can compare the Cheesecake Factory to Panchos. Whoever said that, have you ever been?

Somebody mentioned a rude waiter, I was there last night with my family and we had 2 waiters. One was a cute chick who when she saw my cousin (he's 18 btw) drawing a stick figure with his left over BBQ sauce and he put a smiley face on it with his honey mustard, she asked him if he was done playing with his food. Needless to say, he was embarassed and we got a good laugh out of that. Our other waiter kept talking and making jokes like he knew us or something. I don't mind a funny waiter, but when you aren't being funny, you need to quit. My other cousin ordered a non fat cappucino and when he brought it out he said something like "it took a while to get all the fat out."

Also, somebody said we should trade Mo and Cato for a 7 footer who plays power foward. I just want to say I agree because lord knows that 7 foot PF's who are good defenders are a dime a dozen and teams would love to trade a guy like that for crap like Cato and Taylor. That was the best idea ever proposed on this board. If CD doesn't make that move, he should be shot.:rolleyes:

#50 Oski2005, Jun 16, 2003
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2003
  11. Sane

Sane Member

Don't be worried. You tip AFTER you've had your food, so if you're not a regular, it doesn't even matter if you tip.

Here in the middle east, it's done the proper way. If you get tipped, it's a pleasant surprise. If not, then you just go on, it's just everyday work.

12. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

3.00 out of 150.00 is 2%...LOL

I always try to tip 20% if I was satisfied with the meal and service. If I wasn't, I still give 10%.

And I make far less than Messrs Cato and Taylor make.

Maybe they don't realize what the standard tip percentage is, but 2%?? Geez...

13. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

I wonder what kind of tipper Yao will be?

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

So Malone, Brand, and Garnett are currently not eating right now???:confused: Brand especially has proven he works so hard in the off season with all his success in the league. What is Taylor learning at straining camp, how to take a dump???:confused:

You guys who complain about players going out to eat together on a Saturday are idiots.

15. yeeman

yeeman Contributing Member

I think this is what really happened

Cato: Hey how much should we tip

Mo: How about 20%

Cato: Sounds good to me. What is 20%?

Mo: Well 10% of 150 is $1.50
    and if we both give a dollar fifty
    that would be 20%

Cato: Cool.... Here is my $1.50 :)

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

People are not disbelieving the witness to what happened to the waiter, but whether the waiter was telling the complete story, or even the truth. Remember, the thread starter was not the waiter. He just reported what the waiter said.

17. SteadyBallin

SteadyBallin Member

YA'LL NEED TO GET OFF THESE PLAYERS HEADS MAN.THEY CAN DO WHAT THEY WANNA DO.YA'LL ACT LIKE THEY GON GET IN TROUBLE IF YOU SEE THEM IN A STORE OR SOMETHIN.BAD MOUTHIN PLAYERS.REALLY ALL OF YA'LL OR SOME BIATCHS FOR DOIN THIS.LIKE EVERYTIME YOU POST SOMETHIN LIKE THIS FOLKS SUPPOSED TO RUN AND JUMP ON YA STICK BECAUSE YOU SEEN EM.JUST CUS YOU SAY IT DONT MAKE IT SO.

18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

LOL!

they were stoned and confused 20% ($30 tip) with 2% ($3). Not to mention they had cheesecakes on the brain, which tends to dull your mind during digestion.

19. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

when you work in crappy restaurants like the olive garden, steak and ale, ect. than you make closer to $10.

ive worked in places where i made more, but it was not the norm.

20. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

DO YOU SCREAM IN ALL YOUR POSTS??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.