1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mo Taylor/Kelvin Cato Sighting!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by smackpeddler, Jun 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smackpeddler

smackpeddler Member

So me and another CC.net poster are in the mall and we get hungry. We go into the Cheesecake Factory and we look to the left and at the table 2 feet away s Mo Taylor and Kelvin Cato. I had seen them before, so it was no big deal. I was not going to bother them just to talk to them. So we are sitting there and the waiter walks over to their table and takes their order. I dont think much about it except Kelvin "$50 mil" Cato laughed that they "wanted the hook up on their food." I thought that was kind of weak for Cato to say, seeing as between him and Taylor they have nearly $100 mil.
    Anyway some lady walked up and bothered them, they were cool about it, talked to her for a minute and she left. The suprise was when the food came, they ordered ALOT of food. I mean like 4-5 appetizers and 2 huge dinners. We kinda laughed to ourselves as Mo put away alot of food.
    After dinner they each ordered 2-3 desserts. I get the feeling that neither of them are exactly watching the pounds, as they consumed ALOT of food and drinks. After they were finished they got up and left. We waved and they waved back. Mo Taylor was in a warm up suit, looked like a brown trash bag. Cato was dressed nice with a white shirt and slacks. My guess is that Cato had been at some awards ceremony or something.
    Anyways, a few minutes later we see the waiter pick up the check from Taylors and Cato's table. The waiter grimaces and said something under his breath. I asked the waiter if something was wrong and he mumbled something. Then a minute he came back and said that 2 basketball players left him $3 on a $150.00 tab.
    I thought it was crappy of them to do that, but oh well. Anyways Taylor looked out of shape, and Cato looked about the same. Taylor wears alot of jewelry.

2. getsmartnow

getsmartnow Contributing Member

You should be aware of the rules here: if you don't have any pictures, then you didn't see anything! :D

3. Houstone

Houstone Member

Yup, I was there with him. Taylor was blinging with alot of jewelry. He also got some desserts to go. He looked really fat and out of shape.

4. smackpeddler

smackpeddler Member

Really? I have read 3-4 threads about rocket sightings without pictures. Sorry, but I don't carry a camera with me in the mall. Even if I did, I would not photograph them while they were eating.

5. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

As a big guy, you need to consume alot of food, but even after everything, i don't think Taylor and Cato get it. I'm pretty sure Malone,Brand,Garnett and guys like that are already getting ready for the season, but career underachievers like Cato and Taylor probably won't start till right before straining camp. All of those players like hookups, but c'mon $3 is stupid. These guys get $150 stipend every day during the season for meal money.

6. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

JVG should call in everyone every other week to check on their conditions.

7. Sane

Sane Member

As the case will always be with JVG, I'm not worried, because I KNOW that he will nail their asses to the bench if they're out of shape.

8. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Those two fat lards should be at those summer camps for fat people.

9. Asian Sensation

The suprise was when the food came, they ordered ALOT of food. I mean like 4-5 appetizers and 2 huge dinners. We kinda laughed to ourselves as Mo put away alot of food.

Maybe Mo had a simple case of the munchies.

10. Greg M

Greg M Member

As a waiter myself, that is the most disgusting thing I can read. Thanks for the $3. I'll put that in a jar with the $2.13 I just made in my hourly wage. Oh wait I forgot about tipping out the host, busser and bartender. I suppose I can still afford some gum drops.

I already hated Mo. Now I want to put out a hit on him.

11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Sounds like Mo is a really classy guy :rolleyes:.

12. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Nail fat asses to the bench? No! Please ship them lard butts out of town. YES!

13. HtownRocks3

HtownRocks3 Member

Im not going to accuse them of doing this on a regular basis. Being 7-foot bangers in the NBA you'll have a big body. Like he said, Mo T was in a warmup suit. Those things are baggy on you and make you look bigger (fatter) then you really are. JVG will see to it that they get in shape, or their ass is grass.

14. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

one word: MUNCHIIES!!

[​IMG]

.... and Kelvin 'at some awards ceremony'... for what?
    The Most Overpaid and Underachieved Award?

:D

15. Sane

Sane Member

Technically, you don't have to win to be at an awards ceremony.

I don't know. the Cato jokes just don't toot my horn anymore. He worked too hard last season.

16. RocDreamer

RocDreamer Contributing Member

Yes Cato did work very hard last year. I believe that Mo came in last year in shape as well. I will not pass judgement yet.:D I am hoping that they both show up with a renewed fire with the new arena, uni's and coach.

17. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

What the hell is up with all of these SIGHTING threads?

Im not doubting that you saw Mo and To, but these "sightings" are coming all too frequently.

18. topfive

topfive CF OG

Even worse than the $3 tip is the idea that guys who get paid this much money choose to eat at a crap place like Cheesecake Factory. Where'd they go for lunch? Pancho's?

19. adrian

adrian Member

Maybe Cato's upset because of the song that's always on the radio, you know the one that says, "Someone tell Kelvin Cato, we want our money back."

AC

20. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

it doesnt bother me so much that they gorged...these are two big guys here. but as a former waiter, it really bothers me to hear they only tipped $3.00 on $150. a 10% tip would have been $15, and that still would have been cheap. what a bunch of cheap-ass bastards! and to have the nerve to ask for a "hook-up"!

if that happened to me, i would be hacking up my lungs into their next meal.

i used to work at a restaurant in austin frequented by college and pro athletes and they were either great tippers (phil and chris sims, bum phillips) or total cheap asses (many dallas cowboys).

when you make that kind of money there is no excuse for that crap.:mad:

boo mo-t and boo cato!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.