1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mo Taylor/Kelvin Cato Sighting!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by smackpeddler, Jun 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Maybe they wanted to raise the flag.

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe this was their last big meal before they started their diet the next day :D

As far as the tip goes, that's lame. Having been a bartender, and friends who were bartenders and waitresses at the Planet Hollywood in NY where celebs ate fairly regularly, it's not an isolated incident. Some celebs will tip really big, and some appropriately. But many are really bad with their tips. I think sometimes they actually don't even know what's appropriate. $3 on 150 is rotten.

3. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

I wonder if Mo tips his drug dealer.

4. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

Actually, I work as a waiter/bartender at a restaurant in the DFW area and have waited on several Cowboys. Larry Allen gave me a huge tip, Dat Nguyen gave me a 20% tip (actually, it was his wife who paid the bill), and Derek Ross tipped very well (and the man LOVES his Grey Goose vodka). The worst tip I recieved from a pro jock was from former Cowboy and Giant and current FaggotNiner Ron Stone, who only tipped me 15% on his meal.

But I do have to agree. $3 on a $150 tab is totally unacceptable, no matter who you are. And coming from multi-millionaires, that's just unconcievable to me...

5. We're Back

We're Back Member

I once waited on Jon Lucas and another time on Ansu Sesay. They also both tipped around three bucks on sizeable meals. Money just doesn't buy class. No excuses. If you don't want to tip hit Mickey D's or eat at home.

6. Porsche576

Porsche576 Member

lol kidrock

7. kermit

kermit Member

Maybe Mo T will get in a wreck trying to eat while he drives. Hurting him just enough to ruin the rest of his career and give the rockets an injury exception. Because remember according to him it was a blessing from God that hee signed that contract before he bnlew out his acl.

As for Cato he's an underachiever even at writing childrens books.

8. YoYao

YoYao Member

I tip $3 for a $20 meal. I wonder how much Yao tip. hehe guess not a lot too

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

That's ****ing sickening.

10. Band Geek Mobster

Can someone do me a favor and find the thread about Mo Taylor and the subway encounter with a poster on this board?

I don't believe this story about a $3 tip...Mo seems like a much classier guy than that, especially from previous "sightings" and from his interviews. Some of the responses in this thread are extremely sad.

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

If Mo has gotten fat we are in trouble.Griffin can't score and Yao can't do everything by himself. JVG needs to kick everybody into shape.

12. x_trepidation_x

Should we expect more from players like Taylor and Cato?

These two players should not be looked upon as role models.

Some players such as Kobe, Tmac, Yao, etc...work on their game and want to improve and try to be the best as they can be. Who knows if Taylor or Cato have the same type of devotion to the game. My general feeling is that Cato is an underachiever and Taylor is hinder by his lack of talent.

That is why I think we need to trade Cato while his stock is still high and get rid of Taylor by any means necessary. In return we need to get a power forward who can match up against, the taller stronger 4's of the west, preferably someone who is 7 ft or taller who knows how to play defense.

Taylor will never be the power forward who can help the Rockets get to the championship level. We need to trade him sooner rather than later.

13. TheFelderFirm

TheFelderFirm Member

Cyle the Glide tip me 5 bucks on some Free Smoothies he gets from Jamba Juice.. he gets anything he wants for 3 years... and he and his kids where there from working out... it was busy that day, and I was the only one there... so I thought that was cool of him...

14. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

You're basing all this on inneundo? People need to chill out.

15. Mobes05

Mobes05 Member

Kermit, u r gross and should stop posting

16. Greg M

Greg M Member

You're right. We have no idea about the validity of this story. It's a touchy subject for me, especially after having a difficult night at the retaurant yesterday. But I still don't like Mo. :D

17. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Been there, done that. :)

I've also had servers where it took all I had not to stiff them because they were either horrible or extremely rude. Who's to say this isn't the case, here? It'd be nice to see some people give our players the benefit of the doubt sometimes.

18. DanTanna

DanTanna Contributing Member

The Cheesecake Factory is notorious for attracting "those kind of tippers".

19. rocketballin

rocketballin Member

They should take after my Friend William "Bill" Clinton. He tips 100%:eek:

20. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

and if you are a plump, not un-attractive young lady he might even give you a cigar!:eek:

i should have read the name of the thread-starter before my first post. dont know if i can believe someone named smack-peddler.;)

sorry kelvin and mo. have another dessert for me please!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.