1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Miami Heat fire sale

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RobKsports, Jan 12, 2017.

Tags:
  1. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

Yes it is.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/random-houston-rockets-trade-ideas-2016-17.277831/

"At times throughout the year, some posters start threads to pose a trade idea. If lots of people post trade ideas, it clutters up the forum, so we decided in 2006 to try to have one thread for "random trade ideas" that are not based on news involving the Rockets. They are simply, "What do you think about... " scenarios."

arabrocket likes this.
  2. RobKsports

RobKsports Member

The thing is, it'd be extremely difficult matching a $22.1 million salary in a trade. The Rockets would have to dump equal salary on the Heat with players they can't rebuild around.

3. RobKsports

RobKsports Member

I don't see how this is a random trade idea. It's simply discussing this:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/simonog...ncludes-listening-to-hassan-whiteside-offers/

4. RobKsports

RobKsports Member

I thought it was a pretty interesting topic of discussion. I don't understand how a Paul Millsap thread is ok when he was the talk of the town a few days ago, but a Miami Heat thread isn't ok when it's the story everyone is talking about right now.

Tha_Dude and kwakmeister like this.
  5. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

We need a backup center bad but Reed is only 6'9

Jatman20 likes this.
  6. CCorn

CCorn Member

Fun fact. The heat are worse defensively with whiteside on the court.

Jatman20 likes this.
  7. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

All of the bolded text are random trade ideas. No one is upset with you for not posting in the random trade thread. Simply letting you know that it exists and what it is for. If you want to talk specifically Heat then it belongs in the DISH.

8. RobKsports

RobKsports Member

Completely true. Many believe it's because he often gets out of position to chase blocks, which I agree with. He's a beast, but he's kind of a bone-head in many respects.

9. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

James Johnson will be a very good role in our system, expect Morey trade KJ & a 2ed draft pic for him

10. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

[​IMG] Willie Reed is a gutsy player, just what we need.

[​IMG]

Plowman likes this.
  11. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

Good point.
    Maybe with a third team

12. RobKsports

RobKsports Member

I thought the Dish column was for random NBA news. This is related to the Rockets roster.

#32 RobKsports, Jan 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  13. hooroo

hooroo Member

Three-way, where Dragic goes to a third team.

14. RobKsports

RobKsports Member

I think Dragic for Rudy Gay straight up makes sense for both teams, I don't see the Rockets getting involved.

15. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Johnson is not going to get playing time over a chemistry friendly Decker... The Rockets needs a solid tall big and another PG or combo guard.

Exiled and saleem like this.
  16. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

Welcome to Clutchfans, where the people are assholes and the likes don't matter! [/DrewCarey]

Personally im on edge with Justise. Yeah he's young, injured, probably not available but ultimately his stats are simply terrible. I think he's only 20 so he could be something but then again that's my attitude toward KJ and he hasn't turned out so great.

I am 65% on board for Whiteside. Lots of ?'s but he is absolutely that 2nd star. Wonderful talent. Simply huge and locked up for 2 more years. Dynamic player. 77 percentile in all of NBA in roll man scoring and with James- lol- would be better. However when the team was dependent on Dwight team rebounding as a whole was terrible. I wouldn't want to see the team collectively get lax again.

Then if you can get someone like Ibaka in the offseason, g,g.

17. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

This thread does not belong in the DISH. If it did, it would be moved. This is not a random trade discussion because it is only about the Miami Heat roster. Is it relevant? Yes, because they're having a firesale unlike the rest of the league who seems to like their team for the most part. Last, this is only about Miami/Houston trades. It belongs in a thread by itself. In the GARM. Because it's about us trading with the firesale folks.

There are a lot of vets up in here ignoring you fools saying this doesn't deserve it's own thread. We have a very good set of bbs police and you aren't it. If you were, you'd move the thread. So without those privileges... maybe think about dropping it? hooroo did, so did MingTheKing and JoeBarleyCares who have all been here a long long time. Take queues, quit being an idiot. It's unbecoming.

burlesk, RobKsports and kwakmeister like this.
  18. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

You are a brilliant. How is it I've never seen this guy. I'm going to take it to the trade thread. Thank you.

19. CCorn

CCorn Member

He's a stat chaser. Just a center version of Melo. Doesn't make your team better.

20. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Can we ask chris bosh to join using DMo price next year