1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel TV] LOKI (Tom Hiddleston)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Nov 9, 2018.

1. CCorn

CCorn Member

is Loki being arrested by the TVA part of the sacred timeline?

mikol13 likes this.
  2. PhiSlammaJamma

Because Loki pointed out a flaw in their system they didn't appear to know about, my guess at this point would be that he is not a part of the approved timeline. The judge doesn't appear to know what he will do either. And he was arrested. But we may not know until the end what the true timeline is. At least 4 people now know how to beat the approved timeline with the flaw. Maybe more. So it could get messy.

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Story discussion...I haven't read and don't want to read outside spoilers.
    It has to be because that chick said the Avengers going back in time was "intended" (OK whatever..).

As for why she's acting like Loki is not "intended", I guess that's above her pay grade...

My guess is that if there are one set of time keepers for each multiverse, Lady Loki came from one where she's already succeeded at destroying her version of Time Keepers.

Would be hella confusing if that were true. Almost a ripoff Rick and Morty plot line

mikol13 likes this.
  4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Isn't a Rick and Morty writer doing an MCU project? Was it this show?

They should have variants of Mobius that are just Owen Wilson characters from other movies.

mikol13, Invisible Fan and tinman like this.
  5. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I don't think the TVA/timekeepers are being honest about the timeline story they have presented.

mikol13 likes this.
  6. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ant Man 3

7. Buck Turgidson

Don't **** up Rick and Morty for me.

8. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

My favorite part of the last episode was the "Professor Loki" drive-by... Owen Wilson is just terrific

mikol13 likes this.
  9. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Loving it so far. My boys and I are constantly talking about different what if scenarios. So many possibilities and yet I’m expecting to be surprised when it’s all said and done.

I love how the three series are so different from one another and yet so entertaining.

FLASH21 likes this.
  10. PhiSlammaJamma

Had several streaming thoughts on this last night. Think it's accurate, so if you don't like spoilers stay away. And if I'm late to the game forgive me. But...

Kept thinking about how this basically seems to me a story about middle management ( the comic book artists ) trying to break away from the authority ( the comic book industry ) and create rule breaking comic strips ( like the graphic stories ). That would explain why the TVA is stuck in the 80's technology, why the old food is so awesome to them, and why they collect relics. They represent the past. The way the old comic industry did things. It also explains the fascination Mobius has with the Jet Ski of the 90's. The comic industry likely experienced an apocalyptic event ( Loki ) that allowed them to break off. So that to me is the gist of it. It explains all the rings on the table from the cup, as they all belong to Mobius, he just doesn't know it. It explains all the relics on the shelves are in fact from mobius, he just doesn't know it. The relics are the little pieces of cool stuff people created, but they aren't allowed to create themselves. Mobius represents the loop the comic book artists are in, and they cannot escape. Sort of like the Matrix. And Mobius is Neo.

So in a lot of ways this story was the Michaelango of it's time. A hidden critique of the industry inside the story. That my friends is genius. Lots of credit there to the creator.

What does that mean for Loki. Nothing. All he represents is the thing that the comic industry was worried about. Free Will. The TVA will go on, but it will not be able to control the chaos.

Now, if you think even bigger picture beyond the comics. To real physics. That gets really interesting. What I have noticed is that when Astro Physics is stuck and cant figure something out, they almost always fall back to biology as a way out. To me that is cheap and I can see right through it. For example, the universe is a brain with dark brain matter holding it all together.... That the universe is just one cell and splits into many replicants. Blah Blah. It goes on and on. And all of it gets legitimized. That is fine. Possible. Who am I to say, However, in this context if you think of space and time as a living entity, possibly with a brain ( and an ego ), and there are all these rules for space, and you think of Time as the rules, or time as the DNA for the living entity of space, you got something interesting. The DNA can only evolve if something effect it. Therefore time as it's DNA has to be messed with. And that is what man does. Man is the spark that causes the evolution of space time if it can interrupt time.

If any of that is true, you can actually prove it. It would not be theory. Black Holes are not destructive in this scenario, they do not destroy, they create by pulling together what time ( the dna of the universe ) has told it to do. Black Holes are merely creating more time, or more code for the next universe to work. I think what you will find in a black hole is the building blocks of time. Its tears time apart so it can rebuild it, but it has to rebuild it differently if man has ****ed around in time and changed the code. As I've said, the biology thing to me is all bs, however, you could prove one way or the other by analyzing how particles and how time behaves in the blackhole.

#110 PhiSlammaJamma, Jun 21, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
  11. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

https://www.edge.org/conversation/l...nd-smolin-vs-susskind-the-anthropic-principle

Theoretical physicist and proponent of cosmological natural selection defends his argument against fellow black hole and cosmology expert, Leonard Susskind.

Your whole spiel about man is the spark that causes the evolution of space and time posits that the universe was made solely for us to create it. Doesn't work that way. I got some Deepak Chopra merchandise to sell you if you're interested though. Something something superposition of possibilities!

#111 London'sBurning, Jun 21, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
  12. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Very random comment, but does anyone think Owen Wilson looks REMOTELY similar to Matthew Mcconaughey? My wife thinks so. I do not. Discuss.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

You thought of that yourself?

tinman likes this.
  14. PhiSlammaJamma

Yep. The only clue given was I found out that the Mobius character was created to look like one of the writers. And that just triggered my line of thought. Why. And it does seem to fit perfectly. I'm not saying it's right, or that nobody else has figured it out, but it does seem to make perfect sense when you piece it all together.

Ziggy likes this.
  15. Invisible Fan

I dunno man, the name of Wanda's fake bro was something like I.P. Freely or Maya Buttreeks.

Interesting take though...maybe if the show was on FX.

Ziggy likes this.
  16. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

So far this guy has been in every single episode (predominantly at the center of the screen) without even being involved within the episodes directly. The end post credits scene even ends on his face (the one below) and zooms in before cutting to black.

Doesn't Ren Slayer have some sort of relationship with Kang the Conqueror in the comics? I don't know if he'll actually show up in this series but that particular timekeeper has been the standout of the three depicted, even in the statues in Slayer's office (his hands are free as the other two hold the hour glasses).

I feel like this is going to lead to the bigger portion of the story behind Lady Loki, but I could just be putting too many things together too early.

[​IMG]

mikol13 likes this.
  17. Invisible Fan

^ Does anyone else see Owen Wilson's f'd up nose in that background??

mikol13, FLASH21 and Ziggy like this.
  18. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Yes, along with Forest Whitaker's lazy eye.

peleincubus and Invisible Fan like this.
  19. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Yeah I think Kang is rumored to be the next big villain and he is a time traveler.

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

yo man... this show is boring. This episode had 3 fights and a whole set piece at the end and I feel nothing. Even when I was waiting for WandaVision to pick up I was still intrigued and that show had zero action to start.

If this one chick is supposed to be a Lady Loki she has no charisma.