1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel TV] LOKI (Tom Hiddleston)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Nov 9, 2018.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

You should also factor in I have watched every Marvel/DC show ad movie (except Joker). I was going to watch this regardless. I watched it at a faster speed so I could get through it faster.

#61 DreamShook, Jun 9, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
    Jontro likes this.
  2. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Enjoyed it quite a bit. Really liking tying the shows to the movies where you can flesh out a lot more.

tinman and Kim like this.
  3. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i will not factor that in. For me, watching a show, or movie, in an accelerated rate is a no-no. It’s not viewing the material in its intended state and it can take away from the timing and pacing that was intended. Watching it in an abbreviated state is setting it up for failure. This isn’t an audio book.
    Good day sir

FLASH21 likes this.
  4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Some of those scenes went on for far too long. Speed shaming is lame.

5. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Why did you watch it at 1.75x speed :D

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I thought it was dragging a bit. You didn't think it was dragging in places? The whole episode felt like an information dump. I guess it was just me. But I'm not a fan of Loki, I wasn't eagerly anticipating this show. The TVA is really cool though.

7. CCorn

CCorn Member

I thought the episode was solid and I’m excited for the series. But for once I agree with @DreamShook . It wasn’t the greatest thing ever.

8. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Dragging for me was Wandavision’s first couple episodes. I didn’t think this was slow but I guess I could see how the setup parts weren’t super interesting. I can see the point about it just being an information dump too, however I thought it was important to set things up and explain things.

I thought Owen Wilson was excellent too.

#68 robbie380, Jun 10, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
    DreamShook likes this.
  9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I watched it without expectations. Thought it was decent for a first episode.

tinman likes this.
  10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Acting is so much better than Anthony Mackey and Robot Stan

Xenon and STR8Thugg like this.
  11. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Loved the first episode. Have no idea how this will end up but I’m in

Lar likes this.
  12. STR8Thugg

Blek Captain Falcon tho

[​IMG]

#72 STR8Thugg, Jun 10, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
    Invisible Fan, TWS1986 and tinman like this.
  13. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Saw this the other day on Disney and forgot all about it. ****ing excited.

14. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I'm assuming here, but I believe you're referencing the scenes where Mobius is trying to get Loki to see and admit to what he is.

Weak, murdering, mischievous scamp

That is only projecting an illusion of his grand power and "Glorious Purpose".... I also believe that Mobius probably knew that Loki stole the time twister from his coat pocket. He didn't seem too alarmed or surprised when Loki left. Obviously his end goal was for Loki to finally admit that he wasn't really the God of Mischief or a god at all.

He's just really a weak being attempting to compensate for all his failures... all the while allowing everyone else around him; The Avengers, Thor, Thanos, etc. to realize their ambitions of grandeur while he is finally realizing his own delusions of it.

I enjoyed the interrogation process with Loki which I could definitely see others taking as long winded and dragging. It took the entire episode to get Loki to get to a Tony Stark like realization state (Iron Man 1) that the world didn't revolve around him and he was not this monumental being.

DreamShook likes this.
  15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Yeah I was watching the first couple Wanda episodes on 1.75 speed too. Dont get me wrong, I like this show even If Im not a Loki Stan; Time stuff is always fun and wacky. I was just trying to speed through it. I trust Marvel to be good as a baseline. I'm not worried, lol

16. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I thought it was good but mainly because of Owen Wilson. I thought Hiddleston did what he was supposed to but I felt the writing for him was a little weak.

I agree that it dragged a little. At a certain point the audience 'get's it' and we're just sitting there waiting for Loki to.

Ziggy likes this.
  17. STR8Thugg

You love calling people Stan's

Ziggy likes this.
  18. Juxtaposed Jolt

Spoilery...sorta.

Pretty interesting that there's mention of a "multiverse," which can open up a lot more storytelling. AFAIK, in other Marvel properties, there's been mentions of other dimensions (quantum realm, Dormammu, Agents of Shield, etc) but not really a multiverse, where there's a different version of Tony Stark or Peter Parker or whoever.

Question after watching episode 1:

So the baddie Variant Loki (vLoki) that TVA Loki is now tasked with finding/subduing - is vLoki the current timeline Loki (the one that was killed by Thanos in Infinity War) or another Loki entirely?

19. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

It is amazing how much better a show can be with good actors. I enjoyed Falcon and Winter Soldier, but Hiddleston and Owens are way better actors.

Xenon, tinman and Kim like this.
  20. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

My guess is the villain is a future version of the TVA Loki.