1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel TV] LOKI (Tom Hiddleston)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

It's what Feige said. You're disagreeing with the guy running the MCU, not me.

2. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Really? Seems like the wrong thing to say lol...

I mean, I guess if you've been following the movies this long but didn't pick up Disney+ you wouldn't be LOST but there's plenty of goods in the shows. New characters, SWORD, "what happened to Vision?", how Sam becomes Captain America... I mean I guess you could just pick up and say oh he's Cap now and move on with life, I never really watched the first two CA movies and it always made sense.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

If you think about it, Infinity War ends with Sam getting the Shield. You assume he'll be Captain America. The Falcon show kind of just... takes the shield away then gives it right back.

And we already have scenarios where character development was already happening off screen, like Smart Hulk.

I guess we'll see how it plays out. It seems like the Doctor Strange movie will feature at least SOME (maybe a lot) of the stuff from the Wanda show. But we don't know how they'll package that content up for the new story yet.

jiggyfly and Dankstronaut like this.
  4. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

That's fair. To be honest I definitely don't think F/WS was as strong but it made me want to give Winter Soldier a real chance. I've used Cap 1 as a sleeping aid before and I don't consider civil war Cap's movie. Leading the Avengers never bothered me but his original movie is probably my least fav in the whole MCU.

gonna spoiler this bit in case people aren't interested in reading it, but it's just internet theory I read since you mentioned Professor Hulk
    Read the upcoming She-hulk is supposed to be a comedy featuring Mark Ruffalo's Hulk as well. In it, Hulk/Banner come to grips with each other *reference the end of Infinity War "we have a lot to figure out"/comes back in Endgame as PH all light-hearted* so it's a bit of a prequel/development off screen coming to the screen now that will set up the new She-hulk arc. Also that he figures out the science to hulkify folks and has to save his lab assistant with it, she becomes she-hulk. That way Mark Ruffalo can ride off into the sunset but they don't have to bury Hulk because he's just too badass to do that too.

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Agents of Sheild (didn't watch) had an event that ran into Capt. America movies where Shield was taken over by hydra.

If they can't explain it away in 5 mins, they prob won't mess too much w/ it.

Dankstronaut likes this.
  6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

7. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Need MOAR Marvel posts

8. Xerobull

9. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Gotta say I’m pretty hyped about Loki but really trying to manage my expectations

Jontro likes this.
  10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Wednesday Releases is interesting

Rocket River

11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Sounds like a good initial no spoiler review

Edit...adding this video too.

#51 robbie380, Jun 6, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2021
    Xerobull likes this.
  12. Jontro

Jontro Member

they should release the whole thing in one go like the witcher. especially since it's only like 6 episodes.

NotInMyHouse likes this.
  13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

No reviews yet?

Rocket River

14. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I thought the 1st episode was really well done and by far the best out of the Disney+ MCU shows. Tom Hiddleston and Owen Wilson are excellent individually and together.

Joe Joe likes this.
  15. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

That Multiverseal war that Miss Minutes brought up in her brief monologue leads a lot into the title “Multiverse of Madness” for Dr. Strange 2. Even with the fact that it will be released AFTER No Way Home (Spidey 3) it’s got huge implications on this Multiverse that Marvel has been building with the help of Sony’s “Into the Spiderverse”.

We also have a connection created from Miss Minutes to Wandavision when she calls the branch off between ‘Sacred Timeline’ and Variant created timeline as Nexus event. Wanda is a Nexus being herself so this series may cross into either Strange or Wanda’s universe once all is said and done.

The first episode was pretty fun. I feel like the 6 episodes all-in-all will just help cross these multiverseal gaps between series’ and motion pictures.

NotInMyHouse and Xerobull like this.
  16. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

17. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The star of the show for me thusfar is whoever is in charge of... not sure what it actually is... art direction? location scouting? for the TVA.

Every location they show in the TVA is extremey visually interesting to me. Very much 60s/early 70s Eastern European brutalism, and the like with lots of brown and orange and repetitve simple geometric paterns.

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I thought it was good. People out there trying to convince me that it something great. it's good. it's fine. I watched the first episode on 1.75x speed. Maybe it's because I'm not a Loki Stan like everyone seems to be.

19. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t care one way or the other, but if a person says a show is “good” despite not liking the character AND watching it at an odd speed leads me to believe this show will be pretty good.

20. Xerobull

Great first episode, tons of Easter eggs. Will take a day to digest.

Great humor, too. The drawer full of -spoilers- was hilarious.

FLASH21, STR8Thugg and Lar like this.