1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel TV] LOKI (Tom Hiddleston)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Nov 9, 2018.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Never thought of it that way but let's be serious the real point is they made spiderman different races and genders.

Do you think if the just changed the name along with the race or gender everybody would be happy?

2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

It's been solid. Slow in some parts, but good overall. I think the finale will matter a lot with how they wrap up the loose ends they have unraveled. This multiverse stuff opens up a lot of potential plot holes.

3. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

I don't think you can ever make everyone happy, but fans have accepted new and different characters throughout history. I think its when its an obvious "wokeness" ploy (or whatever you want to call it) that it bugs people. But what do I know? Nobody cared when Sam Jackson played Nick Fury (thus destroying my argument)...but people really hated "woke" Starfire in Titans.

I'm having trouble putting it into words on a message board, but when its an obvious agenda item, people reject it. There are people that would die on a hill defending Carrie Fisher and her bad-assness as Princess Leia, but are ultra annoyed at forced female "girl power" stuff in newer movies.

So really...I don't know anything. It just feels obvious when there is an agenda and that's what people hate. If its truly an improvement on a character or feels natural as a casting, I don't think people mind.

Slyonebluejay and jiggyfly like this.
  4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I agree with all of this I don't like change just to check boxes and if you do change you better make it worth it.

I also don't like people who b**** about change just because it was changed, both sides take it too far.

Slyonebluejay likes this.
  5. PhiSlammaJamma

Someone had to go first. It’s like a woman anchoring ESPN. That was weird as shiot. But now, it ain’t nothing. The comics have been progressive, marvel film is catching up. I did not like, but now it’s done, and I don’t care. Someone had to do it.

there is always another minority. It will be robots, it will be cats, then aliens. And the end result is always the same. Acceptance.

I was weirded out by Lando and his robot, but hey, it’s happening, and I’m already past it.

#185 PhiSlammaJamma, Jul 13, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2021
  6. CCorn

CCorn Member

7. CCorn

CCorn Member

I’m personally not a b**** and don’t care what gender marvel characters are. But thats just me.

jiggyfly likes this.
  8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

well i'm a b**** and i want all characters to be played by hot females. endless backshots in tight leather or spandex for 200 minutes

TWS1986 likes this.
  10. CCorn

CCorn Member

I know you are but what am I

jiggyfly likes this.
  11. Jontro

Jontro Member

you fake azn. i are disappoint breh

TWS1986 likes this.
  12. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

That was frustrating

DreamShook likes this.
  13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Jonathan Majors as Kang was good.

I didn't like this finale. I do like the implications going forward, I did not need this series though.

#193 DreamShook, Jul 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2021
  14. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I was just starting to get into his character and then that was it. I feel like he could have been even better. They made Sophie so one dimensional at the end. Plus they were holding their swords up like it actually mattered after they saw how he controlled time. I was thinking as I’m watching that it made no sense. They are at the end of ****ing time with a guy who controls it all what is a dumb sword going to do lol.

And why didn’t she even try to enchant him if she didn’t believe him? That’s her main power. They used it to destroy the stupidly powerful Alioth and then didn’t try to use at the end. Did Kang just let them past Alioth? I don’t understand how enchanting it was simply enough for them to get past it since Kang used Alioth to win a multiversal war lol.

Effectively no post credit scene was disappointing too.

I don’t understand how Kang would have known everything and set everything up for those two to arrive at the end of time but then just suddenly lose control at the end. Unless he was lying and he set it up for her to kill him in order to release the multiverse for unknown reasons.

I really wanted to like this episode but there are so many loose ends.

Invisible Fan and DreamShook like this.
  15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wow
    finale !
    Ain’t no half steppin

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Big Daddy Kane
    Collaborated with all his variants and he got the job done

17. Jontro

Jontro Member

pretty sure it wasn't kang in control. it was the ancient one. she knew figured it out by 2012 in new york and it seems like she's known for some time. kang only knew thousands of years later.

18. PhiSlammaJamma

It was the Matrix with no action. I’ll choose this door after a lot of exposition. Still want to see where it goes. Still love the TVA. But if Kang lives, which I think is the third door/option then what. If he dies, then Kang motivation unclear because we got 10 minutes of Jibber jabber and kaput, and What was he trying to do.

19. PhiSlammaJamma

A different TVA that doesn’t care about Loki, then who do they care about? And do they all end up at the void again?

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Bro, I can't believe in a Marvel Finale, they just sat at a desk and listened to Kang info dump for 20 minutes, lol.