1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Luis Scola Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Charles Jones, Jan 14, 2009.

1. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

Manu, Scola.....

Well, we need to get ourselves more Argentinian players.

2. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I want Scola to be a Co-Captain. He can be non-vocal, just be an effort and example leader.

3. diegot143

diegot143 Member

Scola is my Hero

4. Lazy McGrady

Lazy McGrady Member

count it! luis is the man sometimes i wonder WTF how did that go in???? :)

5. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

Come on guys. NOT ENOUGH APPRECIATION HERE!!! :D

We used to have a Power Forward problem. Does anyone still think we have a Power Forward problem? Oh... where are the people who call Scola Scrubola? :p

6. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

He deserves appreciation for his effort against Detriot.

I still don't give him full appreciation yet, where are his dunks?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ngzC51w8DrI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ngzC51w8DrI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aFRVVoJuM04&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aFRVVoJuM04&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I'm not asking him to dunk on somebody, I'm just asking him to dunk more. Why isn't he dunking??

7. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

Er.... if you want dunks, we can always trade Scola for Stromile Swift... :rolleyes: :D

8. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

I'm still here. He has played very well on offense (except for his FT shooting). Defense, on the other hand has been iffy but one can't expect everything.

Let's see if he can make layups and FTs in the playoffs or not. If not, the name Scrubola stays.

9. engr chris

engr chris Member

Most consistent Rocket this year

10. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

[​IMG]

ES REVOLUTION SCOLA! AYYAIYAI!

11. lwqbulb

lwqbulb Member

I have been looking for a Scola thread for days.
    Scola rocks and is my favorite rocket player.

Its not his talent that make me love him, its his heart for the game and how he runs down the court faster than anyone else. I think he is the only big man that does that very often

12. airbulllard

airbulllard Contributing Member

sheed is kind of an idiot and will always talk trash, but when he said that he looked over at the rockets bench after scoring on scola and yelled 'He's garbage', that kind of pissed me off.

luis' post game post conference showed how different a player scola is, and why i am a fan of his. he said that he respects sheed and wouldn't say anything negative about him, that luis himself will only played hard and compete to win and beat sheed, but he wouldn't say anything negative.

in summary, scola is a great competitor that let's his play do the talking. sheed is an idiot with a baldspot. i can respect sheed's game, or his game from years ago, but i cannot respect him as a professional.

13. lwqbulb

lwqbulb Member

Any other ordinary nba players would have retaliated or fight back i they had been called garbage. Scola is a true professional that shows his retaliation by playing basketball, not trash talk. Did the refs give a technical to Sheed?

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

At this point, I would take Scola over Sheed 100 out of 100 times.

DD

15. Legend Killer

Legend Killer Contributing Member

I love the way Scola plays. Props to whoever started this thread because Scola is so under appreciated.

Adleman needs to involve Scola more in the offense. He proved it in the Olympics that he has the offense game to be a major factor for the Rockets.

16. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Where did you hear that? Was it in the post game? In print somewhere?

17. watashi315

watashi315 Member

In my opinion, a season marred by endless injuries and a constant rotations, Scola has been the only thing that is consistent on this team. His professional attitude, strong work ethics, and solid play really defines what a professional athlete should be all about. He is easily becoming my favorite player on this Rox team. I wish him a solid year.

18. airbulllard

airbulllard Contributing Member

actually it was caught by bill and bull during the broadcast. i guess from where they were sitting, as sheed was running back they heard him yell to the bench. from the video you can see that he turned to say something to the rox bench after his score.

they asked scola about sheed talking trash during the post game interviews in the locker room, which they aired on rockets live after the game.

19. rnrhodes21

rnrhodes21 Member

we could not have won last night without Scola. Great job Sir Scola!

20. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Thanks.. I haven't heard the fsn broadcast yet :)