1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lin Fouls Video Makes Front Page of NY Times

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Os Trigonum, Apr 14, 2016.

1. OTMax

OTMax Member

Always good to draw attention to refereeing, I don't care if it's for Lin or anyone else. The hatred is strong so please leave your hate for Lin or his fans and watch the video and facts. It should be no surprise that the referees are biased. We had Yao and he was treated like he should be able to take the punishment and never went out of his way to complain or show like it affected him for most of his career. When he got bigger he started to become more 'mean', but still players got away with a lot.

We have Dwight who gets hammered above the shoulders more than anyone I've seen and flagrants are rarely called. The image of soft and how big he is might contribute to referees feeling he should be able to take it. Dwight retaliates and dishes it out too so with him I understand it more than with Yao, but still, it is clear that the fouls on Dwight would be called more often and punished more severely if it were another center. I have been a referee and refereeing big men is different than small guys. Somehow their size and how they play, how hard / tough / strong, influences the way you call fouls. If you ask any referee, if they are honest, they will tell you it's true.

Now we have this guy Lin who is a nice guy with no history of hard fouls and like with Yao, it seems like the referees do not call (flagrant) fouls as if he should be able to take it. The ones by Kobe, Melo & Tony Allen were too blatant not to call a flagrant on the floor and the one by Wesley Johnson & Aldridge should've at least been reviewed. So my guess is either it's his background or simply his character. Maybe he needs to start to foul some guys, stand up to them and show some fire before he gets respect. I doubt he will ever be treated equal.

2. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

I feel really bad

for your whatever

Hey old man want to go out tonight?

Sorry, I'm making Asian food & raw animals jokes + teen-quality memes on the Jeremy Lin thread.

2 people like this.
  3. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

While recovering from the T-Mac Horry thread on the GARM ...

4. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

So can you go out with me tomorrow night then?

Sorry, there's a new Jeremy Lin thread in the Dish

5. AB423

AB423 Member

It's gonna be a funny day when Lin slaps the **** out of someone who fouls him hard.

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You just answered the question.

7. Ohreally

Ohreally Contributing Member

Dwight doesn't get any flagrant calls and hes black.

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Here's my best NBA impression:

NBA referees have the toughest job on Earth, much tougher than all other sports combined, therefore it is understandable for them to make hundreds of blatant mistakes. Also, the referees are no in way influenced by the league front office, whose primary goal is always marketability.

9. OTMax

OTMax Member

Haha yeah no

10. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Ohhhhhh the irony...

I feel really bad for your wife.

Hey honey want to go out tonight?

Sorry, I'm posting 2000 times on the Jeremy Lin thread lollllll

I wonder who spends more time on Jeremy Lin, Hsiu-Chen Kuei or tinman? LOLLLLLLLLL

1 person likes this.
  11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Everyone on this list should be temp banned for 6 months. Anyone above 500 should be on a no-fly list.

[​IMG]

12. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

from the video, it surely seems he gets fouled hard a lot, somebody has to take a look at it, some of the fouls are definitely flagrant fouls

13. Juxtaposed Jolt

Agreed. I think those people are also waiting for the first sign of a LOF in this thread before going full blast. tinman has already started, though.

She's not labeling everything as a flagrant; rather, she's pointing out the severity / intensity of fouls on Jeremy vs other examples of flagrant fouls committed by other players on other players. If the examples earlier (Dirk, Lowry, Giannis, Robinson) were flagrants, then she's saying why weren't any of the fouls on Jeremy flagrant?

Incidental or not, anything near the head area should be cause for thinking flagrant. Most of the "others on others" plays (in the video) are common fouls, 100% of the time.

I didn't see Terry get T'd in the video she posted, nor do I remember particulars about the game. But Terry threw Daniels to the ground, and only got a regular foul? That should have been a flagrant right there.

What 2nd POR play are you talking about? There's only the LMA play, and Lin did not run into LMA's elbow lol. LMA brought the elbow down across Lin's face. Watch the video again.

I think all of her examples merit a flagrant foul, to be honest. The Tony Allen play is hilarious. Ref was standing right there + it wasn't a live ball + Lin gets elbowed in the head = no call.

Again, she's not babying Lin to where she's calling every foul on Lin, a flagrant. She's pointing out the discrepancy as to why, when Lin gets contact above the neck, it's a common foul / no call, while others get swiped on the arms (a la Harden) and get the flagrant.

1 person likes this.
  14. tinman

Supporting Member

krxsnoopy,

This the MILF you are looking for, get out of New York, she's waiting for you.

You guys can spend your nights splicing through hours of lin basketball videos and make some Ray Jay and Lynn KardasheLin tape.

15. Juxtaposed Jolt

Since your first reply in this thread, you haven't talked about anything relevant to the thread topic. Sometimes, I really don't understand how you're getting so much rep, when most of the content I see from you is TMac and Lin bashing.

And then you go and put down the creator of the video, too? Is that a new low?

1 person likes this.
  16. PhiSlammaJamma

Aye, complain about flagrant fouls and you may be made fun of. Shut up and you'll be able to post without being harassed -- at least for a while in the forum. And then on your deathbed, many years from now, your tombstone will read LOF, and it will be egged, and knocked over, but I ask, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance that a flagrant be called on someone fouling the shiot of Lin. They may do this to Lin, they may soil your name, and they may even put a scarlet L on your back, but they'll never take Lin from your soul.

17. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

tinman you are by far the most annoying poster on this site. You're a joke everywhere. Real Rockets fans don't like you.

When you're not posting 2000 posts in the Jeremy Lin thread, you make garbage threads like this

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?p=10397425#post10397425

You're just a pain in the ass everywhere lol

Nobody likes you, and this site would be better off with out you.

And any other site you would be banned by now..

18. tinman

Supporting Member

krxsnoopy,

why don't you make a video of Lin getting fouled too? but put it to some music like Michael Jackson's They don't care about us. the prison version of the video

#58 tinman, Apr 15, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
  19. Juxtaposed Jolt

[​IMG]

20. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Let's make one for Dwight how he gets fouled