1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let's GO !!! Season predictions - bring it!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Oct 14, 2022.

1. conquistador#11

Had them at 32 wins last year so I'm done being positive.
    9 wins this year!

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The best reverse jinx so far. Creative.

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

someone really needs to post the parameters on how much to like a player is correct.

It seems you can like players too much and hate players too much as well. What exactly is the correct middle ground?

Thanks

don grahamleone likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Try to hit the homer switch once in a while and turn it off.

Enjoy certain games just as a rock or someone who is not sucked in.

Gradually you would get the hang of it.

For my part, keeping the distance worked.

#144 daywalker02, Sep 8, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2023
  5. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

The NBA showed the Houston Rockets as having 22 wins last season 2022 -2023,!
    Considering ......... Several of the young players indicate that they are going to have significant improvement in 2023 - 2024 season!
    As well as the new older experienced payers taking on the roles of many of the discarded former players.
    I would consider that at least 44 games won in 2023 - 2024 as a minimum decent performance.
    Mark my words, I expect great things in the 2023 - 2024 season from our boys! Y

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

So if the Rox make the play in the Fertita is a bball visionary right? You can't call him a dunce if he fails then fail to praise him if it works out.

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

27 wins last year was due to tanking. I think Rox could have won 10 more game last year if they didn't play Nix 30 mins a game and Jabari wasn't having the yips.

We'll see this year I think the team is gonna surprise a lot of people. Even Dillon Brooks is popping off in FIBA lol

vince likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Not that this is the top concern, but the stench of the KPJ situation probably seriously affects this season.

The vibes in camp preseason are going to be awful.

10. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I doubt it. There will definitely be a group of players (maybe all) that are happy to see him gone and realize that a new opportunity has been set forth for them. Our new veterans are going to come in and kick the youngsters’ asses into shape, not to mention a new and improved coaching staff.

This is going to be a fun year and I believe we will compete for the play-in. Amen is going to soak up KPJ’s minutes like a sponge and that along with the additions of Brooks and FVV will make our defense formidable. The game of basketball is played on 2 ends of the court. We have a large contingent of really good defensive players in FVV, Amen, Jabari, Tari, and Brooks.

We do need Jalen and Sengun to get to league average and if they do, nobody will be complaining about the loss of a KPJ. We also have a real wild-card in Cam who could also be a plus defensive player and definitely the offensive prowess to make up for the loss of KPJ’s inconsistent effort.

cryout75 likes this.
  11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Nah, it will be an us against the world scenario for Ime.

DD

Hemingway likes this.
  12. Brown Juice

Brown Juice Member

Best case scenario: 68-14
    Worst case scenario: 63-19

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They have enough Villains....that is epic.

14. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

THEM YOUNG BOYS IS CUMIIN!

-chuck

Dredd likes this.
  15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Yeah, they may get over it and go on to win 33 games (max), but the start is going to be awkward.

For those thinking "oh they'll be glad to be rid of him." Even if you don't like someone, you have to generate some sort of decent spirit to get through an entire NBA season. At the very least, even if you didn't like a coworker who goes on to attempt manslaughter or murder, you might waste energy thinking "****. is there anything I could have done to help him avoid this? Or, since I'm not totally surprised, should I have called his ass out to management during the last season? pulled this awful bandaid earlier for the team?"

We will see. At any rate, it's a good thing we won't have Reggie Miller trash talking our players on the court early in the season. [image redacted b/c too soon]

16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Oh snap. We usually put the wins first bro.

17. PeppermintCandy

I love the potential in this group, but it definitely lacks some size in the frontcourt. I can see why the Rockets pursued Lopez so aggressively.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You cannot find the Blazers with many bookies.....that would be an easy one.

20. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Was at a heavy homer mucho optimistic 42.

That was before head case showed his innards.

Now I think maybe 43. :cool: