1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lance Berkman campaigns against allowing boys into girls' bathrooms

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Commodore, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

The opponents, in their own words, don't believe transgendered people exist at all. Such short memories people have.

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is a stupid argument. If you molest someone than you obviously aren't transgender. Think about it. A transgender woman likes men, not women, she isn't going to molest a woman.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Did you even try to read the comment you are responding to?

4. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

not that it has any relevance to the thread or the proposition or the fear mongering, but a transgendered person can absolutely molest someone, or can be attracted to someone of their own (new?) sex.

same is true of non-transgendered people.

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Then you agree.

But a transgender woman can also be a lesbian

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

regardless, a molester can't hide behind anything. If you molest someone it has nothing to do with being transgender.

A man can molest a boy - they might be straight, they might be gay, they might be transgender.

You say well, someone could dress-up as the opposite sex to molest someone. They can do that now! The only way you know if someone is a dude in the woman's bathroom is if they pull their pants down and have a penis. I doubt most women would even care or notice.

7. Mr. Clutch

A transgender woman may have a penis.

You shouldn't call her a "dude."

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I didn't call a transgender woman a dude. Anyway, stop being a smart ass.

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

There is nothing special or privileged about identifying your gender. The civil rights of the transgendered are already under the umbrella of the civil rights protections of the Constitution. So, the protections in the ordinance wouldn't be any less redundant for the transgender than they are for blacks, women, or any other group.

And for that same reason, I'm skeptical that they could even propose an equal rights ordinance without gender identity in it. I think your suggestion that they pass an ordinance without it is facile and misleading. It'd be discriminatory to protect the rights of some and not others.

But, Mayor Parker has already said she's going to do something along what you're suggesting -- passing a slimmed down ordinance that protects people from discrimination in employment and housing, but without addressing public accommodation. I think that'd fit your bill of a equal rights bill that doesn't give 'special' bathroom rights.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I recently saw one of Lance Berkman's ads against the ordinance after it was defeated. What a complete and utter bigot that man is. Just goes to show, yet again, that how good you might be at sports has nothing to do with how educated and/or intelligent you might be. I'm going to be looking for a Lance Berkman baseball card the next time I'm at an estate sale or an antique/collectibles shop. When I see one, I'll purchase it, assuming I don't simply buy one via the internet. After I collect his card, I'm going to find a very public restroom, perhaps when I come down to Houston to see the Rocks play at the ToyBox, and I'm going to drop that sucker on the floor in front of the urinals and "accidentally" piss on it. It's the least I can do.

Lance, you ARE an *******.

11. Buck Turgidson

He's been that way for many years before he came to Houston. Second Baptist to the core. I made out with his wife there when we were in 6th grade.

12. Mr. Clutch

In a bathroom?

13. Buck Turgidson

Stairwell, and elsewhere.

14. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Tell me what you think he said was bigoted.

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

And you went to Rice??

16. bigtexxx

So you are unable to? What did he say that was bigoted? Simple question for you. Surely you can answer it.

17. Buck Turgidson

Whenever anyone asks if Rice lessens their admission standards for athletes, just point to Berkman (and others). He admitted as much.

"I majored in baseball."

18. bigtexxx

You don't know what you are talking about. Berkman and Vince Young are the same intelligence level amirite?

too much lazy thinking around here.

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Did you see his commercials? I'm not going to answer "questions" from you, texxx, when one of my kids at 6 years old would have known that commercial was bigoted. Answer your own goddamned question. You never provide any substance down here. Provide some substance now. Why were Berkman's commercial spots not bigoted?

20. bigtexxx

You can't answer my simple question. You need to learn to back up your statements.