1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lance Berkman campaigns against allowing boys into girls' bathrooms

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Commodore, Oct 2, 2015.

1. malakas

malakas Member

so we both don't know.
    I say that if the law recognizes you as female , no matter what you were born as, you are allowed to use the women's facilites. all womens facilities.
    and they don't cause any harm except making some people uncomfortamble which doesn't mean they should have their rights as women being taken away from them just because some people have special sensitivities.

I'm not a psychiatrist to know if they are mental disorders so I won't comment on that because I don't have an opinion. But it's not something that can be "cured". It's about free will.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's not that I don't know, it's that it changes from state to state. I can tell you that in most states, you have to be post-op to be recognized as a female. The issue with letting pre-op trannies use women's facilities is that then you'll have to let all men use them or you'll be violating equal protection.

It's a personality disorder, so you're right, it can't be "cured" and there's really no treatment for it.

3. malakas

malakas Member

but I don't see any "normal" men running to use the womens facilities? Are there many men who are protesting because the pre op trannies are able to use womens bathroom and they can't? Or is that a hypothetical scenario? Demanding that they are equally treated and be allowed to use the women's lockeroom?

And also that video in the op, falsely insinuated that the "mentally ill" pose the threats themselves. I think that this guy should be sued for misinformation and spreading hatred. In my opinion. Becuae there are absolutely no data of danger from the transgender people themselves.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If you allow some men to use the women's facilities you'll be opening the door for other men to walk in. If you try and get them to leave, it'll lead to a court case, which they'll win. It'll probably be some pervert trying to get a peek rather than fully being interested in using the locker room to change, but at that point, you won't be able to stop it anymore.

It's simply not an avenue that people want to go down legally. It's in everyone's best interest if men use the men's facilities and actual women use the women's facilities. I know it might be a hit to some trannies illusions of being a female, but honestly, that's better than the alternative.

5. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[rquoter]
    15 Experts Debunk Right-Wing Transgender Bathroom Myth

Experts in 12 states -- including law enforcement officials, government employees, and advocates for victims of sexual assault -- have debunked the right-wing myth that sexual predators will exploit transgender non-discrimination laws to sneak into women's restrooms, calling the myth baseless and "beyond specious."

[/rquoter]

12 states have similar laws. No problems whatsoever. Ample quotes at the link.

Here's a great one for all the "Gun control only prevents law abiding citizens from obtaining guns" crowd from the Des Moines PD:

[rquoter]
    We have not seen that (cases of sexual assault related to the state's non-discrimination ordinance). I doubt that's gonna encourage the behavior. If the behavior's there, [sexual predators are] gonna behave as they're gonna behave no matter what the laws are.

[/rquoter]

From the Superintendent of the Cambridge, MA PD:

[rquoter]
    Back in 1984 Cambridge enacted an ordinance that established the Human Rights Commission. The purpose of the ordinance was to protect the human rights of all citizens of the City. In 1997 this ordinance was amended to specifically include gender identity and expression. Much like the Transgender Equal Rights Bill proposal, the City of Cambridge sought to offer protection to transgender individuals from being harassed, fired from a job, denied access to a public place, or denied or evicted from housing. Since this 1997 amendment there have been no incidents or issues regarding persons abusing this ordinance or using them as a defense to commit crimes. Specifically, as was raised as a concern if the bill were to be passed, there have been no incidents of men dressing up as women to commit crimes in female bathrooms and using the city ordinance as a defense.

[/rquoter]

This supposed threat is all about scaring people into not giving equal rights to GLBT people, because if it was presented honestly the majority of people would want to protect equality for GLBT. If you have to lie to get people to support you, maybe you should take a long look in the mirror.

#45 Ottomaton, Oct 3, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
  6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So "equal rights" is when a group of mentally ill men get special rights that no other gets? What a weird definition.

7. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

That's basically the modern day Republican Party.

8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

As a practical matter, what does a father with a very young daughter do, when one of them are in need of using a public bathroom?

9. malakas

malakas Member

But I don't think that helps prevent harassment. These creepers peeping toms are gonna peep anyway. What are they gonna do? Put a policeman outside of every toilet and lockeroom?

The best solution would be that these transgender people could be recognised as the sex they choose to be, without having to do full operations. These operations are also dangerous and expensive and I doubt many can take them so they are condemned to be labeled by the law as men even if they arent.

10. malakas

malakas Member

Take them to the womens bathroom because they sure will have stalls while the mens not certain.

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Someone really has a problem with boys in the girl room.

12. Buck Turgidson

Second Baptist Church strikes again.

Just because someone is good at sports does not mean we should give a damn what they think about anything.

13. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Lance Berkman lost all the respect I had for him. This "bathroom scare" conjured up as opposition to an equal rights ordinance is stoopid.

You wouldn't know who the trannies are behind the stall door now, ooogabooga!

14. cml750

cml750 Member

How dare a professional athlete not stand up for a liberal cause no matter how bad or stupid it is. I don't typically judge athletes based on these matters but the Big Puma has gained even more respect in my book.

15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Make sense. I bet this happen more than transsexual going into a Women bathroom. And when they have, few probably even notice.

[​IMG]

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The only mentally ill person here is the one I am quoting.

17. cml750

cml750 Member

Lol. we are talkng about people who are "confused" about something as simple as their gender and you call Bobby mentally ill???? Seriously??

18. Exiled

Exiled Member

It's either a piss on the floor or tampex , don't know why is this debate so hard to side with

19. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not that you care one way or the other, but there is evidence that it is biological, not "confusion", just like gay people can't "choose to be straight if they just want to". Presumably you think they are icky and unnatural either way, and that is sufficient in your mind to write them off as evil.

It is a "mental illness" 8n the same way the depression and social anxiety disorder ate mental illness. Not in the way you use the word as an epithet of their wrongness.

#59 Ottomaton, Oct 3, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
  20. cml750

cml750 Member

If a man was born a man or a woman born a woman there is NOTHING that changes that no matter how "confused" they are. These sad "confused" people are not even really the biggest issue with this stupid ordinance. I guess you miss the big picture in this that if this passed, perverts can use this law to justify going to the other bathroom / locker-room to catch a peak. If a cross dressed tranny goes to the ladies room, so what. It probably already happens 99% of the time anyway. This law opens the door to perverts taking advantage of it.