1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyle Lowry, anyone?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Jan 5, 2014.

1. hamsession

hamsession Member

Can someone explain the real reason why he was benched initially? Was it because he was still injured?

2. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Well when he came back Dragic was playing at a very high level, and McHale chose to keep Dragic as the starter. Lowry did not like this and yeah the rest has been well documented

3. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

Seems as if alienating your best PG on the roster is a trend for McHale

4. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

It seems like to make ALL Rockets fans happy (along with LOFs and LOHs), the team should fire McHale, trade Lin, and bring back Lowry or Dragic............

5. oelman44

oelman44 Member

I'd be all for getting Lowry to Houston. I'm not displeased with the current point guard situation, I think Beverley, Lin, and Brooks are all capable but you'd have to think Harden would be a good fit in the starting five. Great three point shooter, great defender, fiery attitude that I think wouldn't put up with Harden's occasional head scratching and lazy play. It may hurt chemistry a bit, but would make things interesting especially considering his rocky relationship with McHale.

If not Lowry, is Conley pretty much off limits trade wise. The Grizzlies are struggling, but I doubt they are looking to rebuild. But Conley would be an awesome fit as well, the defense, shooting, and play-making ability. I almost see him as a combination of Beverley and Lin, with Bev's D and 3 pt shooting combined with Lin's play making and scoring ability.

6. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Lowry had a pretty serious infection (right?) and when he came back, he wasn't at 100% so he slowly worked his way back into the rotation. Also, Dragic was playing some amazing basketball. There were some stretches where the two guard lineup worked very well for the team though.

7. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I'd take Lowry back any day of the week. He is exactly what this team needs to get to that next level. He is definitely an upgrade over lin and beverly. Getting rid of Lin the first time was not a mistake, resigning him to a ridiculous contract was. Lin to Toronto for Lowry would be a dream come true.

8. oelman44

oelman44 Member

I'd imagine we'd have to part with Asik as well, and Toronto would probably ask for some draft picks on top of that considering how well Lowry is playing. While I would want this as a fan, I'm not sure it makes much since Moreyball-wise, to forfeit so many pieces and trade assets for a great player who doesn't exactly qualify as a star, especially since there are concerns about his attitude and relationship with McHale.

9. H-TownBBall

H-TownBBall Member

Definitely fine with this and giving him a Lin-type contract next year. $8m/year for 3 years + team option on 4th.

10. H-TownBBall

H-TownBBall Member

I seriously doubt Toronto wants to resign him and they don't even want to be good right now. Lin would keep people in the seats while they attempt to tank. We could throw in a 1st and perhaps Asik, but at that point I think it becomes a 3 team trade.

11. Hibrido

Hibrido Member

Kylie Lowry playing well during a contract year?

[​IMG]

12. SirKen

SirKen Member

His stats didn't show as much but Lowry played acceptable within the limitations. Now that he is given more freedom and Raptors are playing good defense, he is thriving over there.

This below is also interesting.

http://stats.nba.com/?PlayerOrTeam=Team&StatCategory=Defense&GameScope=Last 10

13. jonstarks

jonstarks Member

Lowry is a decent PG, but would love to see Lin's numbers after averaging Lowry's Mins per game.

14. meh

meh Contributing Member

I would not be willing to give up anything besides expirings for Lowry. He's about to be overpaid and going to be injured consistently. There's no way with Morey's track record of finding PGs, that he needs to pay market value AND a 1st(if not more) for even a good PG. Backup swingman is where Morey needs to work on finding.

When did McHale alienate Dragic?

15. FTW

FTW Member

why? we only need below average player to "fit" with Harden. Lowry is more than that. and with McHale as head coach, why he wants to torture himself?

16. Yellow

Yellow Member

Haha how funny would it be if we had Lowry-Brooks again :D

17. calcium

calcium Member

From memory, Dragic wanted 4 years and the Rockets were not willing to offer him such a long one.

And I doubt Lowry would want to play for McHale again. How quickly we forget.

18. apollo33

apollo33 Member

nope, he started for the latter half of the season under Adelman when Brooks was injured. But then Adelman got fired and he truly broke out under the first half season McHale was here.

19. calcium

calcium Member

20. FTW

FTW Member

"with Bev's D and 3 pt shooting" what 3 pt shooting, have you check his 3 pt shooting lately?