1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KPJ and Wood - Should we trade them?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Cutty312, Jan 2, 2022.

1. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Yes and Yes. While you're at it show Silas the door too. Let Lucas coach in the interim.

You have to let the people remaining that this won't fly...ever...

Cutty312 likes this.
  2. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

3. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

No one on this team is untouchable, it depends on the offer. Wood and KPJ might have extremely low trade value at the moment so maybe you wait until the draft or off season? Neither player is likely to be here when the team is good again.

4. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Cut KPJ trade Wood

Richie_Rich likes this.
  5. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Can yall please another example besides Dream and Jordan? I mean damn .. They were bona-fide stars when their beatdowns happened... Yall know damn well they're not comparable to this situation... Ain't a person in their front offices said " They gotta go".... And yeah I know, how do you know what happened ... blah blah blah

daywalker02 likes this.
  6. anamah

anamah Member

With all due respect play wall, cut those two ASAP

7. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

At this point I just want to see Green, Sengun, Chris, Tate & Matthews start. This current issue might just be a blessing in disguise. KPJ just does not fit with his street-ball mentality, lack of leadership and occasional outburst with mangement and Wood is probably a better fit for a winning team.

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i am siding with wood and KPJ here
    we should trade silas
    coaches like silas are a dime a dozen....you couldnt even get a 2nd round pick for silas and lucas together even if it were top 55 protected

OTH wood and KPJ are valuable players

of course they are dissatisfied because silas failed to make a system where everybody could eat

on contrary silas was losing games on purpose and was an obstacle to system working

if the winning streak that silas broke on purpose is still going on this would never even happen...

DaDakota likes this.
  9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

KPJ did.

I like Dobizzle's idea - bench KPJ make him earn his way back into the starting lineup.

DD

Dobbizzle and snowconeman22 like this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Let's call a Civil War on this.

Meh.

SIlas is not a chip, he is as good as gone, so are Wood and KPJ.

You could easily start over with the others.

11. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Agree 100%

Wood is what, 26? Dudes not changing after being on 6 teams.

KPJs quite apology and save my life quote makes me believe he still has room for improvement.

Dobbizzle and snowconeman22 like this.
  12. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

lol , no

wood is about the biggest p***y I’ve ever seen step on the nba court .

how did Silas break the streak on purpose ? Something with theis ? I’d rather have theis 10x more than wood . Guy gives everything back on D that he does on offense .

kpj I wanna keep , I like his fire ... he’s just a loose cannon . It will take years for him to mature .

what if there’s a mandate from the GM to lose games ?

what if our talent level just isn’t that good .

we can’t win with wood , I’ll guarantee that . Guy needs to be the 4th or 5th option , but has the ego of a number 1 ... except zero of the will and fight .

we had to bring in theis because his b**** ass didn’t wanna guard 5’s ... well he can’t guard 4’s either .

silas will prolly be gone at the end of his contract . But , he got dealt a horrible hand last year ... and we were tanking on purpose this year . Most of the team remains professional and plays hard . Even kpj who doesn’t remain professional plays hard .
    Wood is the odd man out .

13. DaDakota

You mean an example of a developing player losing their cool and then becoming what? I mean he is 21 all those references were when those guys were young.

DD

14. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Developing player with issues who turned out to be a superstar sounds like Iverson to me, though his issues were obviously more serious in high school, he still had legal troubles well into his career. It does happen, people just forget.

15. DaDakota

Yep, Kobe raped a girl in Colorado, people forget.

DD

Dobbizzle likes this.
  16. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Young but cornerstone Allstar/superstar players at the time ... This dude not even an unquestioned future piece for this team. He's a 3rd year project who already experienced his redemption story prior to having to orchestrate this new one... Is it 3rd times a charm?

17. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

But the difference was A.I was an unquestioned super phenom prospect... You work with those kinds until the wheels fall off ..

18. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

We should have traded them weeks ago…

19. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

They need time to develop otherwise we would not have gotten any of them for their price tag. Why acquire them in the first place if you’re going to quit on them at the most predictable phase?

The right way to look at it is: someone is going to get consistent production out of these guys, if we do it before anyone else we win both on the court and in terms of asset value.

As long as there’s consistent improvement it’s fine. Wood needs to go through the cycles of a team, understand both losing and winning. So far he’s only played on teams that are losing. His flaws would be well hidden on a contender. We definitely have to give him this season to mature into a better team player with better habits.

KPJ just needs to get into transcendental meditation. He doesn’t need someone yelling at him, there’s plenty of yelling going on inside him.

cmlmel77 and Verbal Christ like this.
  20. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

If we had a Chris Paul to mentor these idiots...