1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KPJ and Wood - Should we trade them?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Cutty312, Jan 2, 2022.

1. Cutty312

Cutty312 Member

We all know both of these guys have had some troubling pasts.

Kevin Porter Jr.’s troubled past derived well before the locker room outburst with the Cavs leading to the Rockets trade. He was making headlines for being a straight-up menace. Back in January 2019, the USC Trojans elected to suspend the 6-foot-4 guard indefinitely and were barred to suit up in a game against Oregon. The USC brass refused to further delve into the matter, citing that Porter was sanctioned for “personal conduct issues.” KPJ was a headache.

On the other hand, we all know Christian Wood had some sort of attitude issues as well. Bucks fans and pistons fans would know.

If we build on Jalen Green, Josh Christopher, Alperen Sengun, and the other youngsters, then bring in John Wall AND some more veterans and build on them, would that not be better?

ak99999 and juanming like this.
  2. a time to chill

Wood...Definitely. KPJ...Probably so.

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Sell low, buy high?!?
    What could go wrong??

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No, losing causes problems like this, and so does a lack of leadership. Suspend them, then play them a ton to get value up and then trade them.

However, If they continue to disrupt, get them out ASAP.

DD

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

Wood without question…even if he was on his best behavior last night, he still needs to go

KPJr needs to go too, but his value in a trade is zero…maybe we get a top 59 protected pick

6. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Trade, cut or keep — Rockets edition…

Featuring Wall, Wood and KPJ.

javal_lon and Cutty312 like this.
  7. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

they already played. Did their value go up?

Maybe kpj. Wood’s value is only going down. I don’t think he has much value anyway, it is just becoming more obvious.

I can understand keeping one of them but no way both. I would let Wood go if not both.

Cutty312 and BallaDoc like this.
  8. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

sure if you wanna get worst.

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wood is more concerning to me given his age and experience. He got benched for breaking a COVID rule but letting that affect his play - something that had nothing to do with his ability as a basketball player - letting that affect his play is disheartening. It shows mental weakness and that if his ego isn't stroked he will turn in a flopper of an effort which we all saw. It hurts his trade value as well.

As for KPJ, while what he did was worse objectively, it's actually more understandable. At the very least, he is showing passion, something that @tinman loves. Where as Wood becomes apathetic, at least KPJ cares and just needs to contain those emotions ala Ron Artest or Vernon Maxwell. But Wood? There's not much you can do with that.

Suspend them both a game to let them think it all over.

KPJ isn't tradable right now, and I don't think the org is ready to give up on him just quite yet. As for Wood, man, tough situation. You gotta hope he puts his head on right, and goes back to playing hard and putting up the numbers so that we can trade him by the deadline, which was the original plan.

10. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Wood should 100% be gone asap, I doubt he has as much value as people think but we may be able to get a serviceable player out of it. KPJ if he leaves here has pretty much zero value, so I'm not sure I'd even try to trade him. I actually think the best thing for KPJ would be real consequences of his actions. Suspend him, then play him off the bench and make him earn his spot as a starter or waive him according to his behaviour. We gave him the keys to the kingdom too soon, he needs bringing back down to earth again. He's shown enough potential (hell, he was playing really well last night before he spat his dummy out and ran away like a spoiled child) that I think it can work, but he needs an attitude adjustment. Maybe for once we don't cut him like everybody else does, but make it clear he has to earn that trust back I think.

AlperenSengun and vator like this.
  11. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I’ve basically lost faith in them both. I don’t think either one is mature enough to win with. Trade them? Yeah. But not give them away. We aren’t going to win right now anyway, so might as well get some value for them.

Cutty312 likes this.
  12. Mattician

Mattician Member

Wood for sure. Porter I'm not sure what they can do with him, but I think the Rockets are better off without him. Especially Green's development.

13. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Trade Christian Wood & Cut KPJ then wish them well. After that go get a lead guard.

Richie_Rich and AleksandarN like this.
  14. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

This.

awc713 likes this.
  15. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Trade wood and give kpj another chance.
    U can demote kpj to the bench.

Wood is fking cancerous. Empty stats and pouts like a btch.

16. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

give them away? What value do you think Porter has? A top 59th protected pick?

17. juanming

juanming Member

They should receive the death penalty

18. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

Well we have like 5 weeks to figure it out.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Wood has to go no matter what, and he needs to go before the next game.

KPJ can still be salvaged if he does the right things. He cost himself a lot of money in the off-season though.

Now that could change, but I want to see what happens with KPJ after the cancer is removed from the team.

20. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Get rid of them both. BTW KPJ is just as much a cancer as Woods so much so his last team told him to stay away from the team.

Lemonte likes this.