1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KPJ and Wood - Should we trade them?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Cutty312, Jan 2, 2022.

1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Who were the idiots that were bashing Green and praising KPJ?

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It is. There's no question that he needed a change of scenery and a team that would help him mature both on the court and off of it.

Last night was a serious setback, but the core issues aren't ones that can't be salvaged. He needs to be punished for failing to control his emotions and they need to give him a chance to make up for it and prove that he can do better going forward.

If he can't prove himself by the end of the year, he won't receive a rookie extension at all and he could be cut at any time becuase he's only got next year guarunteed for him.

AlperenSengun likes this.
  3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I’m ok trading Wood - the ROI would make some sense and would promote Sengun into the starting 5.

I hang onto KPJ a little longer.

4. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

His issues are far greater than that. Why did he get suspended in college? There is a pattern on and off thew court with this guy. It is why he fell to 30th pick in the draft. He has a troubled past that is continuing now. When is it enough?

https://clutchpoints.com/kevin-port...-outburst-with-cavs-leading-to-rockets-trade/

5. futilman

futilman Member

EG, KPJ, Wood, our late 1st this year for Ben Simmons

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The answer is the same, he's overly emotional and highly immature.

That said, he's made progress on that front and this incident comes from being overly passionate about the game.

Those kinds of issues don't just go away overnight, but they aren't always hopeless.

We didn't give up on Olajuwon when he got frustrated and slapped Vernon Maxwell did we? If coaches handled that situation poorly, it could have ended just the same as this incident.

7. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

I am upset that so many of our so called Rockets Fans, seem to have so much hate for our players
    I love our players, especially, the younger ones who are trying so hard to bring success to our team.
    I do not want o see any more harm done to our players, just to add to the hate, already expressed.
    I want to see a big effort to repair what happened yesterday. the two players in question should be
    punished if it be so considered such an important upset.
    These players are important to our team, get them back into the fold as soon as possible, no shouting
    or angry words need to be spoken.
    Peace and Love between brothers should be our focus. Y

DaDakota likes this.
  8. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

We didn't keep Jarrett Allen who is young and about to be an All-Star...because we had Wood who they are mostly going to trade soon for less value

Rare Stone mistake right there...

9. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I don't know about Wood. But Porter is more than likely a lost cause.

10. Monkeychef02

Monkeychef02 Member

Preach it brother

11. JW86

JW86 Member

We won’t so the question should be, what’s the punishment: keep them away from the team, suspend them x amount of games, let them work their way back? I’d say whatever they do, definitely do not let them start until at least the asb and keep them away for at least a few games.

12. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Hells yes to both

13. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

A lot of people are overly emotional and immature but they don’t get barred from work. Kpj has been given chance after chance and yet issues are still there. Cavs tried for over a year and still issues followed him. So much that they barred him from the team.

DaDakota likes this.
  14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Like I said, I understand why Green fans want to give up on every other guard on the team.....becuase for them it's not about the team, it's about one player. You have to understand why Rockets fans don't want to give up on the most talented guard on the roster, for them it's about the team.

He made a mistake by letting his emotions overwhelm him. No one says otherwise, but that's not a reason to hurt the team if the situation can be salvaged.

15. swakid8

swakid8 Member

I am onboard trading Wood at this point, KPJ needs to see his way back to the Bench.

16. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Why bring up green fans? When did I say I was a Green fan. That has nothing to do with what I said. This is a poor rebuttal and defense. Be better Bobby

17. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

If either one of them reached out to the org with a mea culpa last night, Id give them a pass.

Since I doubt that happened, Id prefer to sit Wood until deadline or an amicable trade pops up and Id release KPJ. Talented guys but the mental isnt there.

Crashlanded19 likes this.
  18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't mean to lump you in with them, I'm just saying that I understand why people who have been calling for KPJ to be cut or traded for months, worried that he was getting more attention than Green, aren't exactly the kinds of people who have credibility when talking about how the Rockets should handle this incident.

I'm sympathetic to KPJ in this. When I was a super young and immature coming harsh at me during halftime when the entire reason why the game was out of hand was due to incompetent coaching and Wood not caring.....I mean, that's a Sprewell situation begging to happen.

That doens't make it okay, it's just why I understand it.

Now in fairness, I matured WAY before I was 21 to the point where that wouldn't have happened with me, but I still remember when I was that young immature guy.

19. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

KPJ, Wood, Wall, Gordon to Lakers for Westbrook, fillers, and picks.

Cutty312 likes this.
  20. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Is this actually a question?

Cutty312 likes this.