1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KJ Martin drawing interest of Suns, Heat, Blazers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 12, 2022.

1. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Trade while his value is high. He’s not a starter on this team. And he still has possibly the worst hands on the team. He fumbles the pass at least 3 times a game. Good accurate passes.

2. Entropy

Entropy Member

We need his athleticism and energy. I say we keep him. He deserves to start, too.

Hakeemtheking and Hank McDowell like this.
  3. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Right on. Sell into this.

CriscoKidd likes this.
  4. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

All I can say is if you trade him, you better get something good in return...

Aruba77 likes this.
  5. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

You can tell he's worked on his game--better shooting/passing. Still has a way to go on defense, ball-handling, etc. Useful role player who is continuing to develop. Happy to keep him or if a good deal comes around taking advantage of his current value gains.

daywalker02 and Ancient Moabite like this.
  6. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Yeah he not signing another of those non-guaranteed contracts like our other players Stone has extended

7. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

I’d rather start Tari

8. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

honestly , i feel like they are sitting tate on purpose to boost gordon and KMJ one last time .

he makes flashy plays , but does not make winning plays ( a rarity on this team )

Tate makes winning plays , but has been around a bunch of losers . Maybe with sengun , garuba , and tari tate will have some backup.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

10. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Id keep Martin. He looks to be developing his handle. Interested to see what he is a few years down the line.

pippendagimp likes this.
  11. MystikArkitect

Trade KJ for a PG asset straight up right now. I like him and he has good chemistry with Green but this team desperately needs to develop a point guard for either a starting role if we get Wemby or a backup role if we get Scoot/Amen/Nick Smith. Trade Gordon and Tate for a tweener 3 and D SF to replace him.

12. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

It was SO nice to hear the Rockets discussed on the Hoops Collective.

13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I think trading KJ makes sense if we are going to commit to Tari. Tari is a better prospect and has more position versatility, especially with his size. But at this point KJ is a really good prospect who necessitates a significant return. we have no idea who we will draft, trade for or sign so looking trade KJ to address a specific position shouldn’t be the top priority. It’s all about upgrading on talent and future assets at this point. So I’d hope that we’d be packaging KJ with other assets to get another core piece or a big-time pick that turns into a core piece or can be traded for a core piece down the road.

#213 Aruba77, Dec 7, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2022
    Medicine N Music likes this.
  14. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

KJ is maturing into a keeper. It looks like he's been putting in the work and it shows on the court. I think he's the starting SF of the future on this team.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Wait, why trade?

He is better than anything we will get with any of their picks.....nope hold unless it makes the team in this timeline better.

DD

Rocket River and Little Bit like this.
  16. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

KMJ is the type of prospect people cream their pants over. Young, good size, athletic, improving shooter, hustles, "potential". Not sure why people are in a rush to get rid of him when he's the exact type of player people want to get back.

17. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

I wouldn't mind keeping him but he already asked out. He's been quiet about it but that might just be to boost his value before the trade. If they mended the issue, sure keep him but if he still wants to go and is just being a professional right now then sell high. No need to force someone to be here unwillingly.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Exactly this TRADE crowd sometimes forgets that the TRADE may be exciting but that is not the goal, we are trying to build a winning team.

DD

19. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Would someone pay two late firsts for KMJ? Nice contract.

20. i3artow i3aller

Were you not recently advocating to trade Jalen Green? Something about JG & KPJ being similar players except Kevin's trade potential is nonexistent so best to cash out on Jalen lol. God forbid we trade KMJ though :confused::D:rolleyes:

J.R. likes this.