1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kings Trying to acquire Brooks?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by yao2kmart, Nov 24, 2010.

1. ICanDunkOnYao

ICanDunkOnYao Member

I really doubt that any team would give up their high-potential rookie after a few months. Even Jordan Hill, labeled as a bad rookie by his coach, was traded at the deadline.

2. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

They can keep Cousins -- but I want their 2011 unprotected 1st. Time to rebuild, baby!

3. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

I'll take Cousins or their draft pick unprotected 1st. There will be point guards better than Brooks in this draft.

4. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

Gets old doesn't it.

If we would just spend a few minutes watering our own lawn...? Instead of reaching for instant gratification.

The question running in my head is, Can we water Yao enough?

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

The Kings are locked for another lottery season. I'd trade Brooks to them for their lottery pick and give us two picks for our rebuilding.

They can keep COusins. 10 years from now people will still be talking about how high his potential is instead of what he's actually doing on the court.

6. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Kanter/Irving is my two prospects i want.

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I like the idea of 2 lottery picks,but the upcoming draft seems weak.

8. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Well Kanter will go top 6-10 and Irving top 2-6 AND i think Barnes will be a solid player too top 4-10. Let's say they make another deal on draft day and take on Brand/pick and make a deal with Sacramento Brooks for their unprotected 1st, then they'll have three top ten picks to work with and a quick rebuild.

9. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

I want us to get Casspi/Udrih, Mandry + pick from them...then we can ship them AB + other filers...

10. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Kanter/Barns/Irving will all fall top ten.

Yao / Kanter / Hayes
    Brand / Kanter / Hayes
    Barnes / Budinger / Battier
    Martin / Lee / Taylor
    Irving / Smith

They resign Yao for cheap using the MLE possibly i think. Trade Brooks for Sacramento's unprotected 1st (Irving). Then trade for Brand/Pick using Lowry/Miller/Scola and draft Barnes AND lastly draft Kanter using their own swap pick NY. Battier for the LLE, Yao for the MLE and Hayes for the Minimum.

11. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

While Brand has had a resurgence, hard to see Philly cutting ties with him without giving up something like Scola including their pick for Lowry/Miller while Lowry was a player they once coveted. Also, a nucleus of young players like Irving/Kanter/Barns needs veteran leadership in Yao, Battier and Hayes see nothing wrong in retaining them. I still see a glaring weakness though. No shot blocking in the middle outside of Yao. While Brand will add to veteran leadership along with Battier/Hayes/Yao, he's a pretty decent team defender with his length inside. Just hang on to Yao/Jeffries/Battier/Hayes and let them come off the books. They might have space to add a FA.

12. misterNguyen

misterNguyen Member

At this rate, our entire roster will be composed of ex-Kings players.

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Well if we're talking about high lottery picks depth doesn't really matter. Also I doubt this draft will be that weak, there might not be a superstar in the draft but in terms of high potential guys there are quite a lot (Barnes, Perry Jones and Kanter in particular).

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

Let's do it :grin: Plus Scola and Martin will still be in the team to keep it competitive.

15. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Come to think of it, Scola/Lowry/Hill will have to be the pieces that land Brand/Barnes. And Patterson/Miller with Yao/Brand/Kanter/Hayes round out our front court. If the Rockets keep loosing, staying pat ain't gonna cut it. Changes will have to take place imo. And it will have to be through the draft.

A) Trade Brooks for Sacramento's unprotected 1st.

B) Battier / Jeffries / Yao / Hayes come off the books.

C) Draft day trade that sends Scola / Lowry / Hill to Philadelphia for Brand and top ten pick Barnes.

D) Draft Irving / Kanter to go with Barnes for the rebuild nucleus.

E) Resign Yao to the MLE, resign Battier to the LLE, and Hayes for the minimum.

Yao / Miller / Kanter / Hayes
    Brand / Kanter / Hayes / Patterson
    Barnes / Budinger / Battier
    Martin / Lee / Taylor
    Irving / Smith

16. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

17. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Kyrie Irving reminds me of Chris Paul looks almost alike too.
    Harrison Barnes reminds me of Rudy Gay though not as athletic, but more smooth.
    AND
    Perry Jones reminds me of Lamar Odom, but with more athleticism and length.

18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

lol i love the insanity of this post. it's like you think scola, lowry, and hill are actually major assets and would land the 2nd most lotto balls.

in what mildly sane world would this happen? why in the world would philly do that trade? so they can save a few million bucks a year and trade away the 2nd best lotto chance? why would sac do that trade for brooks? so they can have brooks and beno as their pg tandem for the bargain price of a top 5 pick?

lol great post! if only it had a chance in reality! :grin:

.....all that being said....this is pretty much what it will take to make us a contender someday imo. we aren't even close :(

19. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

On ignore!!

For the better of the board.

20. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Lol! :grin:

He can't even defend his post once.

Maybe someone else can tell him he is off his rocker if he thinks were getting 2 top 5 picks for brooks, lowry, scola, and hill. I would love it but that's just not gonna happen.