1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kings Trying to acquire Brooks?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by yao2kmart, Nov 24, 2010.

1. yao2kmart

yao2kmart Member

http://www.sacbee.com/2010/11/24/3208525/things-have-gone-from-to-bleak.html

Lock if already posted.

Kings Inquiring About Brooks, Teague
    Posted: 11/24/2010 6:48:00 AM
    Source: Ailene Voisin of the Sacramento Bee

While no one expected a playoff run, or even anything resembling an extended winning streak, this early season tumble is shooting flares all over the place.

Is there a plan? Is there an offense? Maybe not. But no one's getting fired.

"We're disappointed," Kings co-owner Joe Maloof said Tuesday, his club having lost eight of its past nine games, "but we're not panicking. The defense is much better, and if we start making shots, we'll win some of these games.

In fairness to Westphal, everyone acknowledges the Kings are far from a finished product. They need outside shooting like ski resorts need snow. They need DeMarcus Cousins to behave like a mature adult, not a 20-year-old kid. They need a facilitator so they can move Tyreke Evans to shooting guard or small forward and exploit his strength and natural scoring instincts.

Better yet, they need Geoff Petrie to acquire a more conventional point guard – or a player whose skills would better complement those of Evans – and accelerate the learning process. (The Kings are aggressively pursuing a move and reportedly have inquired about Atlanta's Jeff Teague and Houston's Aaron Brooks, among others, though team officials declined to comment on the speculation.)

"There's no point bemoaning what we don't have," Westphal added. "Right now with this team, the best possible thing we can (accomplish) is to put together a defensive identity. Put the pieces together in a way that fits. Be the best defensive team we can be. We will work it out offensively. I don't think anyone expected us to look like the 1971 Knicks after 13 games."

What do you guys think about trading Brooks to Sacramento? Who would you want in return for Brooks?

1 person likes this.
  2. joesr

joesr Member

I was just about to post this!

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

whatever else they get if they trade brooks, it needs to include a first round draft pick.

4. Outlier

Outlier Member

Well they're definitely not giving up Cousins or Evans. They have crap outside of those two.

5. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

Sacramento 2011 1st rounder for Brooks plus our 2001 2nd round pick swap option with Clippers (Could be first pick in 2nd round).

6. joesr

joesr Member

AB and Patpat for Cousins and a first?

7. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Cousins is the only guy on that team I would want. And yes, that includes Landry and Tyreke. I would not want either one on this team as it is right now.

8. joesr

joesr Member

Actually havent they been saying Evans and Cousins arent getting along?

9. LFE171

LFE171 Member

Landry faints. :grin:

10. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

Brooks ain't going nowhere definitely with this lockout looming plus lowry sucks as a starter

11. Outlier

Outlier Member

Regardless. It's not happening. No way on earth.

I'd give Brooks for their 1st. I wouldn't mind the 1st only. We'll have two lottery picks to rebuild and hopefully get a superstar.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Carl Landry is crap...I'll remember that

AB and the Clippers 2nd rounder for Casspi and Thompson

13. joesr

joesr Member

I dont know about that. Teams that had a bad chemistry usually trade that weakest link off....

I would try to make them take Battier to relieve some money

14. Outlier

Outlier Member

Not 14 games into the season. Imagine if we traded Yao 14 games into the season because we were having chemistry problems?

15. RoxTurk

RoxTurk Member

So are they really think they will be better on defense when they get Brooks? Strange.

I would trade Brooks+J.Hill+ny 2012 1st pick for DeMarcus and their 1st pick this year, but they will probably offer Jason Thompson+ scrubs for Brooks.

16. Serg300

Serg300 Member

Don’t get me wrong I love Brooks but defense isn’t one of his strengths. If he does get traded he may get that big contract he’s looking for.

I never understood why they had Evans at the point…and how will Evans and Brooks work out if they both need to have the ball.

17. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Cousins is to much for the coaching staff to handle, maybe they'd be open to trading him for a young guard who would compliment Tyreke Evans very well ..

Brooks for Cousins, get it done Morey!!!

--RB

18. Outlier

Outlier Member

This is insane. Y'all need to stop thinking like noobs. This isn't NBA 2k11. And try to think from the other team's point of view.

19. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

lets get landry back so people can stop complaining about how much we miss him and lack of his fire...