1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kings Trying to acquire Brooks?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by yao2kmart, Nov 24, 2010.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Couldn't find the right thread, so i'll put it here.
    Jordan Hill? :mad:

2. TheDreams

TheDreams Member

It's only been 13 games, I find it hard to believe they aren't going to try to make it work for at least one season. We're not dealing with the NY Knicks here. Don't get me wrong, I would love it if we could get Cousins in return, but that is really nothing more than a pipe dream.

The Kings probably wanted to see if the Rockets would take role players like Thompson, Casspi, or maybe a protected 1st round pick for Brooks. I'm sure GMs do this all the time, and the conversation probably ended as soon as Morey mentioned Cousins.

3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Wasn't trying to say Les is cheap, but just saying he isn't gonna be like Cuban....so we shouldn't expect much to develop imo. Like you said he is willing to go above the lux tax for a superstar, but there are simply none available that want to come to Houston.

Also, I feel that after watching this team so far this year that even with Yao, Brooks, and even Carmelo that we aren't a contender. The perimeter defense is just far too porous with Brooks and Martin out there. Maybe that changes with Yao 100%, but imo we have an extremely flawed team since we can't seem to rely on our superstar being 100%.

4. highstep

highstep Member

5. Charles Jones

Charles Jones Member

man ur signature is nice...I love Wilson Chandlers game on a good team he could be like a Rudy Gay type of player

6. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

lol well at least all fans are alike.

we want cousins for brooks

they want jason thompson for brooks

anyhow...the only thing interesting i took from that message board was the poster who said the reporter that wrote the brooks trade rumor article in the sac bee is petervescian/samsmithian for starting rumors with no substance or source.

7. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

AB will be a restricted F/A. Who ever owns his contract has the right to match

8. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Yes, but TheDream's point is that 2007 first round picks CANNOT sign contract extensions after October 31, 2010. Therefore, any team that trades for Aaron Brooks will be unable to extend Brooks during the season and will have to take their chances competing for his services next summer. Yes, he's restricted, but he'd be able to field offers from other teams before re-signing or getting his offer sheet matched. With an extension (now impossible), the player's team avoids that ever happening.

9. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

I wana to tell all the people on this board to stop dreaming, because there is no way on earth they are giving up Cousins.!! Come on seriously guys, Future All-star center for a descent PG.? come on keep it real.

The second thing that I want to mention or ask, do you guys really like Lowry that much to give up brooks, I know Brooks is not natural PG but he is arguable one of the best scoring PGs in this league, Lowry has been horrible this season, he is great backup but would you rather have him as a starter for the next 4 years..? I know I wouldn't

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

11. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Your claim is that Les, and only Les, somehow knew that a highly complex 4-team deal would occur ONE MONTH before it did. Do I have to explain how stupid that is?

I do not think the Kings would ever give up Cousins, but the Kings do not have anyone else I particularly want, including Evans whom I am not a fan of at all.

12. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Yep. He's Nash and Payton rolled into one.

13. Don FakeFan

Don FakeFan Member

But Les could know beforehand that Ariza's contract is tradable for TE.
    It does not need the exact 4 team deal. It does not need a genius to trade Ariza either. We basically gave away Ariza for nothing. It is just a very doable trade in NBA or he wont be dealt in 20 days and Hornets were so happy to get him for Collision.

14. srrono

srrono Member

what highlighgt put a link to it please

15. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

The guy provides something that's reported they desperately need: he is a great outside/three point shooter.

He will always be a great outside shooter. He was the men's NCAA three point shooting contest winner at Oregon (he beat all the guys but the girl champion beat everyone). He is a career 38% 3pt shooter and is shooting 39% the last two years. He will walk in the door anywhere he goes and average 15-16 pts 5-6 assists and shoot lights out from the outside. He may not be an all star but his is an on the cusp star.

A first round pick and a decent player (Casspi or Landry). They will be a better team with Brooks and that pick will be higher because of it. Any offer has to start with a first round draft pick, he is too good for anything less.

16. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

This is ridiculous. We got Courtney Lee in return for Ariza, remember? Ariza shoots 37% for New Orleans, and I've been happy with Lee, so I'm happy with the trade.

17. PeppermintCandy

It would be really tough to watch Brooks and Landry playing together in Kings uniforms.

Thank god it won't happen.

18. MandM's

MandM's Member

Only team that wants brooks is sac. sac is the only team we make trades with anyhow. we have become the kings and they suck too.

adelman has to go. we have to pick up a new coach from the lakers so that then we will build another laker squad. it is getting ridiclious

19. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Trade Brooks for Cousins and Cousins for Love. :grin:

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I really like Thompson. I think he could really help the Rockets out, I think he was steadily improving then Landry came in and took away his mins. Either way they have to get rid of either one of them.

If Brooks is going to Sac-town I bet a Thompson would come back in return. With that said if the Rockets are shopping Brooks (I don't think we are) I think there are slightly better deals to be had than Thompson.